Petrol Morons

Plastic

The human race is full of cretins and the hope that we would be a better society post Covid has well and truly disappeared. So many people with no thought for their fellow man, far too many cunts in the world these days.

Edited by bpsaint

There's also the people not queuing who have been exposed as morons. I had someone say they couldn't come into work because they had no petrol but they only live 25 minutes walk away.

Also another person who I know for a fact lives reasonably near a train station which is on the same line as the station that's right by where we work. Probably would have taken them 50 minutes door to door.

When did people get so fucking lazy? Just walk, cycle, or get up a bit earlier and use public transport. It's a bit inconvenient but just get the fuck on with it.

• Like 1

Easy to point fingers at a few members of the public, the newspapers, and I get that it's now a national pastime to give the BBC a kicking simply for reporting news. But I expect that most people do not have the opportunity to spend all day sitting in queues merely to fill up a few millilitres, and that the demand has been caused by those who would normally fill up £10 or so regularly, but are now filling their tanks to the top when they do get around to it. I can't blame them either because if you find a petrol station that is open, it might be the last one you see for a while. I was fortunate enough to have filled up on the evening before the chaos began, but I've had two near misses trying to find a petrol station so that I can get home without running dry.

I highly doubt there are very many bathtubs out there laden with fuel or jerry cans stored in the kitchen. Just a hell of a lot of people who are expected to not WFH, while relying on the internal combustion engine for work, living in a country where public transport infrastructure projects result in white elephants such as HS2. I wonder how are we getting on with installing electric charging points everywhere so that petrol becomes obsolete?

My petrol lawn mower tuns on just about one gallon for the whole summer. It ran out and I took a regulation petrol can to the station in my diesel car.  

i didn’t get any diesel for the car just filled one 5 litre Jerry can and got challenged about hoarding by an outraged knob 

5 minutes ago, buctootim said:

My petrol lawn mower tuns on just about one gallon for the whole summer. It ran out and I took a regulation petrol can to the station in my diesel car.  

i didn’t get any diesel for the car just filled one 5 litre Jerry can and got challenged about hoarding by an outraged knob 

Rightly so!

It's October, why the fuck do you need to fill up a jerry can right now that you only use in a lawnmower for cutting the grass during the summer?  It's like you haven't noticed what is going on around you or you really just don't give a shit as long as you've got petrol stored in your shed until next April!

That's not even considering the fact that you've probably wasted your own money as the petrol will deteriorate sitting in your precious jerry can before you need to use it next year!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Easy to point fingers at a few members of the public, the newspapers, and I get that it's now a national pastime to give the BBC a kicking simply for reporting news. But I expect that most people do not have the opportunity to spend all day sitting in queues merely to fill up a few millilitres, and that the demand has been caused by those who would normally fill up £10 or so regularly, but are now filling their tanks to the top when they do get around to it. I can't blame them either because if you find a petrol station that is open, it might be the last one you see for a while. I was fortunate enough to have filled up on the evening before the chaos began, but I've had two near misses trying to find a petrol station so that I can get home without running dry.

I highly doubt there are very many bathtubs out there laden with fuel or jerry cans stored in the kitchen. Just a hell of a lot of people who are expected to not WFH, while relying on the internal combustion engine for work, living in a country where public transport infrastructure projects result in white elephants such as HS2. I wonder how are we getting on with installing electric charging points everywhere so that petrol becomes obsolete?

Very much this, not many people stating the obvious. The country is triggered by crisis after crisis and there is no confidence in the govt. Collective responsibility has been challenged everywhere from civic rules to vaccines so anything the govt says is taken with a pinch of salt. Any hint of shortages leads to Everyman for himself.

Place the blame where it lies, with the Tory govt and their enablers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Rightly so!

It's October, why the fuck do you need to fill up a jerry can right now that you only use in a lawnmower for cutting the grass during the summer?  It's like you haven't noticed what is going on around you or you really just don't give a shit as long as you've got petrol stored in your shed until next April!

That's not even considering the fact that you've probably wasted your own money as the petrol will deteriorate sitting in your precious jerry can before you need to use it next year!

Lol. You’re determined to keep that crown  

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Rightly so!

This has to be an attempt at sarcasm, right?

And a “regulation petrol can” is not a jerry can. 

39 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

This has to be an attempt at sarcasm, right?

And a “regulation petrol can” is not a jerry can. 

I'm not sure it was, and he has a point. Nobody should need fuel for a lawnmower in October. Leave the space in the queue for someone to put fuel in a car. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, egg said:

I'm not sure it was, and he has a point. Nobody should need fuel for a lawnmower in October. Leave the space in the queue for someone to put fuel in a car. 

The Saintsweb Taliban Calendar. Approved activities by month. I wasn't aware I needed permission to cut this, two weeks growth,  and should have left the petrol for someone to go Mcdonalds instead. It grows in November as well unless its really cold. Hope that isn't too counter revolutionary 

IMG_9534[21668].jpg

Edited by buctootim

The man does protest too much, methinks. 

Each to their own mate, but queuing up for petrol to cut your grass when some people couldn't get any to get to work. I guess we all have different views on what's important. 

10 minutes ago, buctootim said:

You got your heating on? Seems a bit selfish when demand for gas is exceeding supply.  

No. I have jumpers and a pile of wood to burn. 

Beautiful lawn though mate. Bravo. 

47 minutes ago, buctootim said:

The Saintsweb Taliban Calendar. Approved activities by month. I wasn't aware I needed permission to cut this, two weeks growth,  and should have left the petrol for someone to go Mcdonalds instead. It grows in November as well unless its really cold. Hope that isn't too counter revolutionary 

So reactionary.  Must make you a thick right wing racist ;)

A couple of questions :

1. (and this one is probably rhetorical), couldn't you borrow a mower (or some petrol) from a neighbour that you haven't pissed off if the grass was so desperately in need of being cut?

2. If (and this is probably very likely) none of your neighbours actually speak to you, why did you need to fill up a full 5 litre jerry can?  You've already mentioned that the mower uses less than a gallon for the whole summer (what's that about 20 mows?), so even getting a litre would see you through 4 or 5 more mows and would have left fuel for an ER nurse or a surgeon to fill up and get to work.

Not only are you a hoarder, you've probably contributed to someone else's pain and suffering as well.  Add to that the CO2 emmissions from a petrol mower and you also cause untold damage to the environment.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, buctootim said:

IMG_9534[21668].jpg

The way Brexit’s going you’ll soon be needing that for your soup.

10 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

The way Brexit’s going you’ll soon be needing that for your soup.

Actually there are some nettles in the corner and an apple tree I mostly didn't bother to pick.... 

Edited by buctootim

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

More than a few and more than a couple of days but as you were all right that's all that matters eh?

Lots of people panicking. Some were closed, some had queues down the road went to ASDA, got £30 of petrol, no drama.  job done. 

Edited by Turkish

34 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Lots of people panicking. Some were closed, some had queues down the road went to ASDA, got £30 of petrol, no drama.  job done. 

Oh yes, major panic everywhere. But just because you managed to get some at Asda doesn't mean that large areas of the South East didn't have problems.

19 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Oh yes, major panic everywhere. But just because you managed to get some at Asda doesn't mean that large areas of the South East didn't have problems.

I dont know how we will ever recover from such a crisis. 

• 6 months later...

Petrol shortages in Winchester according to the Echo.

Is it just because everyone around there drives stupid, massive, gas guzzling 4x4's or is this the start of another wave of mass panic where people will be cruising around trying to find petrol at 3am?

12 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Petrol shortages in Winchester according to the Echo.

Is it just because everyone around there drives stupid, massive, gas guzzling 4x4's or is this the start of another wave of mass panic where people will be cruising around trying to find petrol at 3am?

I've heard it's perpetuated by people posting about a fuel shortage on internet football forums #dominoeffect ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1