rumours that dont go away

lordswoodsaints

I would only want this takeover to happen if the consortium could bring some real financial clout with them,and this would have to be in the form of money to steady the business and get the bank off our back and money for transfers.If they can't do this i why change just for the sake of change again.

I would only want this takeover to happen if the consortium could bring some real financial clout with them,and this would have to be in the form of money to steady the business and get the bank off our back and money for transfers.If they can't do this i why change just for the sake of change again.

Well the current board aren't investing so even a relatively small investment from any new owners is better than nowt surely?

Lets just hope the rumours are true and it is big money

And we follow like sheep

SB2 - you got there way before me. I rather liked the Shearer/Shepherd/sheep thing.

I think Shearer has been asked quite a few times about management by BBC punditss but said not now. He is doing his UEFA badges and got some academy that he is spending time with. Maybe just a smoke screen but.....

Can't see it happening but then I never really thought that we would sink quite so low

If anyone came in a cleared out debt that would be great at this moment in time.That would mean it was a sellers market for us and w3e could negotiate better fees for any players out.I want this young teqam to develop and if we could get debt free and so not be in a rush to sell at the same time perhaps bringing in 1 or 2 faces that would be fantastic.

Shearer is allegedly connected to the Fulford bid. It was supposed to be last mon/tues now this tues (rumour). The money is alleged to be from the far east, the owner of which was supposed to be in town last week.

The takeover is alleged to be tied to the West bank of the Itchen redevelopment. The principals are rumoured to know nothing about any redevelopment.

It appears to me that the takeover cannot be carried out until the money is supplied, therefore in this financial climate, with the dollar falling against the pound, it is hardly likely, a football club, losing millions, requiring vast investment to turn around, is the place someone would choose to invest.

Shearer is allegedly connected to the Fulford bid. It was supposed to be last mon/tues now this tues (rumour). The money is alleged to be from the far east, the owner of which was supposed to be in town last week.

The takeover is alleged to be tied to the West bank of the Itchen redevelopment. The principals are rumoured to know nothing about any redevelopment.

It appears to me that the takeover cannot be carried out until the money is supplied, therefore in this financial climate, with the dollar falling against the pound, it is hardly likely, a football club, losing millions, requiring vast investment to turn around, is the place someone would choose to invest.

The Council are meeting today to discuss this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7567925.stm

Oh oops! Geography was never my strong point. This link is, of course, to the development of the VT yard on the EASTERN side of the City. But it's still opposite SMS - sort of :)

Edited by bridge too far
East / West confusion

The dollar is RISING against the pound. At $1.86 it has risen 7% in the last 2 weeks .. so by your logic we are more attractive to a potential purchaser.

Lets have someone ... anyone to save us from the death by a thousand cuts of RL & MW.

No, Glenn Hoddle will be our new manager under the new consortuium.

Just a theory. I am still convinced that Glenn will come back and save this club one day. It was a tragedy that he was not re-appointed in 2004 and my campaign will continue for evermore.

Hilarious.

alanpartridge01.jpg

The dollar is RISING against the pound. At $1.86 it has risen 7% in the last 2 weeks .. so by your logic we are more attractive to a potential purchaser.

Lets have someone ... anyone to save us from the death by a thousand cuts of RL & MW.

I think you'll find it has just dropped 7%. It was about 1.97 recently. It certainly wasn't 1.74 in the last year.

Guest Hacienda
Just a theory. I am still convinced that Glenn will come back and save this club one day. It was a tragedy that he was not re-appointed in 2004 and my campaign will continue for evermore.

You are a fully paid up wierdo.

Guest Hacienda
I think that is a little unfair. I have had a quiet summer and I am just getting involved again.

Mush, you've been a full wierdo for quite sometime.

the shearer thing keeps popping up and will keep on so until something different happens.

It will have to happen in the next week because of transfer / loan window or wait until January

He will have an extra 24 hours to do any buisiness,the transfer/loan window has just been extended until midnight 1st September.ain't he the lucky one.;)

Mush, you've been a full wierdo for quite sometime.

I am used to the insults, but at heart you know that SFC DID begin its decline after the decision to appoint PS over GH.

You also konow that a vociferous but small minority of fans influenced this decision !

Guest Hacienda
I am used to the insults, but at heart you know that SFC DID begin its decline after the decision to appoint PS over GH.

You also konow that a vociferous but small minority of fans influenced this decision !

I also know that it was a long time ago and that he's not returning.

Get over it.

I also know that it was a long time ago and that he's not returning.

Get over it.

But WW1 was long time ago, so was the start of the industrial revolution, but that does not mean you ignore it ! In order to have an understanding of where we are today we need to understand the big events that shaped history.

In that sense, to understand the position of SFC today we need to understand the key events from the past. IMO our demise STARTED at that critical time in the clubs history when we made a fatal error in the appointment of PS over Glenn Hoddle.

Guest Hacienda

In that sense, to understand the position of SFC today we need to understand the key events from the past. IMO our demise STARTED at that critical time in the clubs history when we made a fatal error in the appointment of PS over Glenn Hoddle.

Boo Hoo. Get over it.

But WW1 was long time ago, so was the start of the industrial revolution, but that does not mean you ignore it ! In order to have an understanding of where we are today we need to understand the big events that shaped history.

Paul Sturrock's record wasn't that bad. It was what came after that did the damage. And all because he wouldn't wear a tie! (allegedly)

Paul Sturrock's record wasn't that bad. It was what came after that did the damage. And all because he wouldn't wear a tie! (allegedly)

But, crucially PS did not have the respect of the players before he walked into the dressing room.

Like it or not, we had big name players that needed to be managed by big name managers who had proven track records at the top fligh as players or managers. Hence it worked for WGS and GH.

IMO we would have done better to appoint Mark Hughes as an alternative to PS. The appointment of PS was a strange one and can only be explained by the fact that it was never really intended, but happened as part of a power game in the board. The anti GH stance was crucial in that it added fuel to the flames and set the fire going.

But, crucially PS did not have the respect of the players before he walked into the dressing room.

Like it or not, we had big name players that needed to be managed by big name managers who had proven track records at the top fligh as players or managers. Hence it worked for WGS and GH.

IMO we would have done better to appoint Mark Hughes as an alternative to PS. The appointment of PS was a strange one and can only be explained by the fact that it was never really intended, but happened as part of a power game in the board. The anti GH stance was crucial in that it added fuel to the flames and set the fire going.

Blimey, you've finally admitted that we didn't have to appoint Sturrock!!!!!

The Sturrock appointment was awful - it only looked half decent because of the Wigley appoinment that followed.

I spent hours, and at least £2.50 on flourescent A4 paper, writing out NO HODDLE placards for the game we played at Highbury which proceeded Hoddle not being appointed.

I think i'm right in saying we started the Sturrock season with a win and a draw before Lowe sacked him. It wasn't the non-appointment of Hoddle that was the problem, it was weak leadership from Lowe in not supporting Paul Sturrock and the cheap option appointment of wigley as a replacement.

Hoddles record post Saints says it all and personally i never liked the bloke when he was at saints after the way he wouldn't pick Le Tissier for England simply because Le Tissier snubbed his approach when he was manager of Chelsea.

Lunatic Fringe me up!

Blimey, you've finally admitted that we didn't have to appoint Sturrock!!!!!

The Sturrock appointment was awful - it only looked half decent because of the Wigley appoinment that followed.

No we DID NOT have to appoint PS, we could have appointed GH. However, the appointment of PS came completely out of the blue because it was never meant to be and never planned.

I hate to say it but the appointment of PS was done almost to prove a point...the point was proven but it is like taking your hands off the controls of an airplane, we know it will drop but if you are not careful it will also crash.

trying out stunts jyst before you hit turbulence is never a good idea.

It wasn't meant to be a joke but it was designed to prove a point...but it went too far.

what ever it was, he was out of his depth in a massive way.......I have lived in plymouth for the last 8+ years and seen his football first hand...

sure he was good in league 2 + 1 but the PREM? that was a sick joke...he is even crap in the CCC as we will see this season after he has now his own plymouth team and not an inherited one.....he was also sacked at wednesday..

it baffles me when people call luggy a good manager and slate hoddle even in the CCC

I spent hours, and at least £2.50 on flourescent A4 paper, writing out NO HODDLE placards for the game we played at Highbury which proceeded Hoddle not being appointed.

I think i'm right in saying we started the Sturrock season with a win and a draw before Lowe sacked him. It wasn't the non-appointment of Hoddle that was the problem, it was weak leadership from Lowe in not supporting Paul Sturrock and the cheap option appointment of wigley as a replacement.

Hoddles record post Saints says it all and personally i never liked the bloke when he was at saints after the way he wouldn't pick Le Tissier for England simply because Le Tissier snubbed his approach when he was manager of Chelsea.

Lunatic Fringe me up!

Your second paragraph is the key one.

1. PS was a cheap appointment....because it was never intended to last.

2. RL buckled when he should have held firm on his desire to appoint GH...but it was other weak leaders on the board that buckled under fan pressure.

3. There was little time for the pro Lowe supporters, (the vast majority), to rectify the anti RL feeling because we were very complacent, the GH appointment was virtually a done deal right up unitl the last minute !

4. the appointment of SW was a disaster, he should never have taken the job, but by then player power had ensure that the players were ruling the roost, some making up for the lost time when WGS had kept them screwed down and in their place.

Cheers Dalek - at least I know the ignore function is working on the new forum now.

Fine, but ignorance of the past normally leads to people making the same mistakes or failing to understand why they are in the situation that they find themselves. Makes life easier for those that want to rewrite history as well.

what ever it was, he was out of his depth in a massive way.......I have lived in plymouth for the last 8+ years and seen his football first hand...

sure he was good in league 2 + 1 but the PREM? that was a sick joke...he is even crap in the CCC as we will see this season after he has now his own plymouth team and not an inherited one.....he was also sacked at wednesday..

it baffles me when people call luggy a good manager and slate hoddle even in the CCC

Yes, and the point was made. Unfortunately, at the expense of the long term future of SFC.

SFC in the Spring of 2004 was entering a critical phase, it needed a strong and experienced manager not, a Div 1 rookie.

Your second paragraph is the key one.

1. PS was a cheap appointment....because it was never intended to last.

2. RL buckled when he should have held firm on his desire to appoint GH...but it was other weak leaders on the board that buckled under fan pressure.

3. There was little time for the pro Lowe supporters, (the vast majority), to rectify the anti RL feeling because we were very complacent, the GH appointment was virtually a done deal right up unitl the last minute !

4. the appointment of SW was a disaster, he should never have taken the job, but by then player power had ensure that the players were ruling the roost, some making up for the lost time when WGS had kept them screwed down and in their place.

1. PS was the cheap appointement? Then how come we had to pay compo to Plymouth and then Lowe did his usual trick of packing him off with a lucrative NDA. That said i can quite believe Lowe appointed him with the intention of sacking him. Much like with Nigel Pearson Lowe simply couldn't allow anyone else to take his limelight.

2. I don't recall fans pressuring for Paul Sturrocks removal?

3. LMAO. Why are the pro-Lowe supports so quiet away from the internet. Do you all need mummy to hold your hand to speak out in public?

4. The SW appointment was Lowe getting his own way and doing the cheap option because he'd blown a shed load on Sturrocks NDA.

1. PS was the cheap appointement? Then how come we had to pay compo to Plymouth and then Lowe did his usual trick of packing him off with a lucrative NDA. That said i can quite believe Lowe appointed him with the intention of sacking him. Much like with Nigel Pearson Lowe simply couldn't allow anyone else to take his limelight.

2. I don't recall fans pressuring for Paul Sturrocks removal?

3. LMAO. Why are the pro-Lowe supports so quiet away from the internet. Do you all need mummy to hold your hand to speak out in public?

4. The SW appointment was Lowe getting his own way and doing the cheap option because he'd blown a shed load on Sturrocks NDA.

By the time PS was sacked the lunatics were in charge of the asylum.

I think you'll find it has just dropped 7%. It was about 1.97 recently. It certainly wasn't 1.74 in the last year.

No - the dollar is definitely getting stronger. A couple of weeks ago it was $2 to the pound. It has now moved 7% against the pound and is at $1.86 = £.

In other words if we were valued a couple of weeks ago at (say) £10 million it would have cost someone $20 million dollars to buy us. It now would only cost them $18.6 million.

ie We are now a more attractive proposition for anyone with $ to spend than we were a few weeks ago. This is contrary to your original argument.

but at the end of the day ... someone , anyone save us from the grusome twosome!!

but at the end of the day ... someone , anyone save us from the grusome twosome!!

I think we are all now of the same opinion. Trouble is, nagging away at the back of my mind is the old saying "Beware of what you wish for...."

No we DID NOT have to appoint PS, we could have appointed GH. However, the appointment of PS came completely out of the blue because it was never meant to be and never planned.

I hate to say it but the appointment of PS was done almost to prove a point...the point was proven but it is like taking your hands off the controls of an airplane, we know it will drop but if you are not careful it will also crash.

trying out stunts jyst before you hit turbulence is never a good idea.

getting sturrock in was embarrassing and a complete joke

It wasn't meant to be a joke but it was designed to prove a point...but it went too far.

Where does your information come from on all of this then? Is it from within the club, or just from within your own head?