Russia

whelk

Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales

• Da!
    • Net!

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

probably...but still lots of it. As said many times, quantity is a known quality

Well, they might want to actually start using it then, considering they hold less territory now than they did a year ago.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

i dont know....neither do you.

Well, it started with ‘defending’ ‘separatists’ in Eastern Ukraine, then it was a few days to capture Kyiv, then it was combating NATO expansion, then it was defeating Nazism, then attempting to take Kyiv was a feint, then it was defeating Satanism, then  capturing Kharkiv was a distraction tactic that they gave back as a goodwill gesture, then it was wiping out Ukraine as a nation because it doesn’t really exist, then capturing Kherson was a feint, and then capturing Bakhmut was a nine-month operation.

I’ve probably missed one or a few in there.

• Like 2

Just now, Jimmy_D said:

Well, it started with ‘defending’ ‘separatists’ in Eastern Ukraine, then it was a few days to capture Kyiv, then it was combating NATO expansion, then it was defeating Nazism, then attempting to take Kyiv was a feint, then it was defeating Satanism, then  capturing Kharkiv was a distraction tactic that they gave back as a goodwill gesture, then it was wiping out Ukraine as a nation because it doesn’t really exist, then capturing Kherson was a feint, and then capturing Bakhmut was a nine-month operation.

so, you dont know.  

Should have said in a word

7 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Well, it started with ‘defending’ ‘separatists’ in Eastern Ukraine, then it was a few days to capture Kyiv, then it was combating NATO expansion, then it was defeating Nazism, then attempting to take Kyiv was a feint, then it was defeating LGBTQ+ Satanism, then  capturing Kharkiv was a distraction tactic that they gave back as a goodwill gesture, then it was wiping out Ukraine as a nation because it doesn’t really exist, then capturing Kherson was a feint, and then capturing Bakhmut was a nine-month operation.

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

so, you dont know.  

Should have said in a word

Well, I do know for certain their objectives didn’t include more than doubling their border with NATO, reinforcing NATO countries’ commitment to NATO so as to be ironclad, losing their reputation as the second strongest military on the planet, and permanently losing half of the biggest customers for their biggest export.

On 18/06/2023 at 22:32, badgerx16 said:

Russia using T54/55s as IED/truck bombs; load with explosives and fit with R/C controls....

That there’s footage almost hides how unbelievable it is that it’s happening.

Imagine the USA had invaded Mexico last year, had stalled to the point of being pushed back, and now had resorted to dragging Sherman tanks out of museums, loading them up with explosives, before using them as VBIEDs.

Several different events converging today.

Bipartisan announcement by the US that blowing the Nuclear Power Plant would result in NATO’s Article 5 being invoked.

Putin appearing in two ‘live’ broadcasts on Russian TV in two different places at the same time.

Claims by Prigozhin that Wagner was shelled with huge losses by Russian troops.

Claims by Russian sources that the Russian army has been tasked with detaining/killing Prigozhin.

Claims by Prigozhin that they’re in effect declaring war on the Russian Army.

Claims by Russian sources that Wagner troops opened fire on Russian Army troops on the outskirts of Bakhmut.

Claims by Russian sources that a criminal case has been opened against Prigozhin for calling for an armed rebellion.

Unclear so far the accuracy and exact intentions behind the Prigozhin statements, but it doesn’t seem likely that it would lead to a positive development for Russia. It’s possible it’s a big hairy story designed to distract from the setbacks Russia have had recently, it’s possible it’s a prelude to being an excuse for withdrawing or falling back, it’s possible it’s a prelude to another round of mobilisation, it’s possible it’s exactly as it appears, or could be something else entirely.

• Haha 1

If it’s actually all fabricated for the purpose of something else, they appear to be REALLY committing to it. It’s starting to appear that it’s actually exactly what it appears to be.

The next few hours and days will be interesting as to how it plays out and what turns out to be genuine.

In the meantime Ukraine will still be carrying on with their own actions based on any opportunities that are presented, so ultimately any attempt at deception would be unlikely to help Russia much anyway.

1 minute ago, skintsaint said:

Reports that the "Citadel Protocol" has been implemented in  Moscow, locking down the Kremlin and other major sites.

Russian TV digging out their video of Swan Lake.........

"In addition, in the Soviet Union in the 1980s, when 'Swan Lake' was broadcast on TV at an unscheduled time, it was said that 'someone who should be in mourning died'. For example, when big Soviet politicians such as Leonid Brezhnev in 1982, Yuri Andropov in 1984, and Konstantin Chernenko in 1985 died , 'Swan Lake' was broadcast on TV .

Also, when a coup d'etat aimed at Mikhail Gorbachev occurred on August 19, 1991, 'Swan Lake' was broadcast on all TV channels. After all, the coup was attempted, but the Soviet Union's footsteps were disturbed and headed for collapse."

https://gigazine.net/gsc_news/en/20220309-swan-lake-tv-broadcast-signals-turmoil/

3 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Russia currently the second strongest army in Russia?

Might be the 3rd if FoRL and their pals go back across the border.

There is an awful lot of ( currently ) unsubstantiated rumour causing meltdown on various SM channels. Plenty of F5 keys will get worn out in the next few hours.

10 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Might be the 3rd if FoRL and their pals go back across the border.

There is an awful lot of ( currently ) unsubstantiated rumour causing meltdown on various SM channels. Plenty of F5 keys will get worn out in the next few hours.

Video going around reportedly showing military vehicles on the streets of Moscow.

Unconfirmed reports that border guards aren’t opposing the Wagner troops crossing into Russia.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Video going around reportedly showing military vehicles on the streets of Moscow.

Unconfirmed reports that border guards aren’t opposing the Wagner troops crossing into Russia.

Border crossings between Russia and the 2 'republics' have been closed, apparently.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

I guess one other option is that Ukraine have hired Wagner?

(Only 99.9% joking with that :lol: )

It wasn’t until I read the captions that I realised this wasn’t Prigozhin but an uncanny look alike. I can see why so many Russian women are desperate to marry western men. It’s like every single one of them is the spawn of George Dawes.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

It wasn’t until I read the captions that I realised this wasn’t Prigozhin but an uncanny look alike. I can see why so many Russian women are desperate to marry western men. It’s like every single one of them is the spawn of George Dawes.

It's really true. Ive never seen a country with such a discrepancy between male and female attractiveness. It's not the case in Ukraine. 

• Haha 1

My two pence worth is that Prigozsin has been used as as stalking horse by Bortnikov and Patrushkov. They know being the first to make a move will be seen as a traitor but an establishment figure in the non military security service could then step in to 'save' the country out of a sense of 'duty'....   

Edited by buctootim

1 minute ago, Jimmy_D said:

Purely speculation, but I’m wondering if something has happened to Putin to kick this all off.

I read one channel which reckoned Putin was told a few days ago that his cancer has mestasised to his brain. If true that would surely make everyone realise his time is done.  

• Haha 1