Russia

whelk

Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales

• Da!
    • Net!

9 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

That's one where there might be a little more behind it than meets the eye. As well as being a notorious proponent of Russia's actions in Ukraine, he was also one of Putin's more outspoken critics, and seemed to be aligned with Wagner. Might be one of the first visible signs of a rift between the Kremlin and Wagner growing wider, or of Putin starting to get paranoid (or at least wary) of Wagner's growing influence.

It's being investigated as a murder so there is little doubt the culprit will be found before the week is out and announced publicly.  The narrative will be fun though as they can't really blame it on Ukraine as they will then be telling the Russian people that they aren't safe in their own towns and cities.

Edit : make that before the day is out, not the week!!

Edited by Weston Super Saint

The Republic of Tuva, a region in Asiatic Russia, is reinforcing the Russian army's logistical capacity by supplying 3000 horses.

Meanwhile, a town in Kazakhstan, just across the border from Russia, where the population has been boosted by Russian immigrants, is now demanding autonomy and closer ties to Russia. Where have we heard this before ?

Edited by badgerx16

8 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

One reason Putin started the war, allegedly, was to stop the expansion of NATO. Today he officially extends Russia's border with the alliance by over 800 miles as Finland joins.

He is what we refer to on Saintsweb as a thick cunt. Master strategist 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

This has really dropped off the news cycle. Is this any closer to seeing some sort of resolution. 

Waiting for the mud to dry before Ukraine releases the Leopards. Considering that a couple of days ago there was a load of snow dropped on Donetsk and Luhansk, it will be a few weeks yet. Meanwhile, the meat grinder continues in Bakhmut.

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Waiting for the mud to dry before Ukraine releases the Leopards. Considering that a couple of days ago there was a load of snow dropped on Donetsk and Luhansk, it will be a few weeks yet. Meanwhile, the meat grinder continues in Bakhmut.

So what's the latest predictions for how this ends? Negotiated settlement after Putin is deposed/killed?

Edited by hypochondriac

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

So what's the latest predictions for how this ends? Negotiated settlement after Putin is deposed/killed?

3 sides to the equation:

1) NATO's, plus the others providing aid, appetite for continuation. Currently the ongoing degradation of Russia is serving both military and political outcomes. 

2) Russia's ability to continue feeding manpower into the grinder whilst maintaining domestic support in the face of increasing casualty numbers - once they have to use more European recruits as opposed  to Asiatic  this will become harder.

3) Most importantly, Ukraine's ability to take offensive action and how effectively such operations are able to liberate more occupied territory.

The latest allegations about Putin and his isolation from reality, plus the theories linking the St Petersburg bombing to warring factions jostling for power might point to the start of the endgame for the current Russisn leadership, but how a new regime might view the continuing war, who knows ?

• Haha 1

List of Russian equipment losses edges towards 10,000 according to this site:

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html?m=1

And that's only the ones that have been caught on camera, I guess there are some duplicates but estimates are that is only around 90% of the true total. Hopefully Ukraine are just waiting for the right conditions and the new heavy weapons and will launch a major offensive. If the Russians start getting pushed back again you would like to think that would be the end for Putin but who knows.

7 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

3 sides to the equation:

1) NATO's, plus the others providing aid, appetite for continuation. Currently the ongoing degradation of Russia is serving both military and political outcomes. 

2) Russia's ability to continue feeding manpower into the grinder whilst maintaining domestic support in the face of increasing casualty numbers - once they have to use more European recruits as opposed  to Asiatic  this will become harder.

3) Most importantly, Ukraine's ability to take offensive action and how effectively such operations are able to liberate more occupied territory.

The latest allegations about Putin and his isolation from reality, plus the theories linking the St Petersburg bombing to warring factions jostling for power might point to the start of the endgame for the current Russisn leadership, but how a new regime might view the continuing war, who knows ?

Not sure calling them allegations is required any more.

While the front lines have been relatively static for a while, the balance of power is constantly tilting further towards Ukraine.

Bakhmut has become a target that Russia will pay any price to take, and Ukraine have been taking advantage of that. Ukraine have still been paying a terrible price of course, but losses have been extremely tilted towards Russia by all accounts, and holding the fighting in place has helped reduce civilian impact in other parts of Ukraine.

The equipment available to each side is tilting Ukraine’s way too. Russia have been desperate enough to bring T54 tanks out of storage, while Ukraine now have Challenger II and  Leopard 2 tanks available, and the disparity is similar across all equipment, not to mention the reports of Russian conscripts being sent to the front with little to no equipment and minimal training, while Ukrainian recruits have been training for months with various NATO armies. Also there have been Wagner’s public complaints of not being equipped well enough and suffering from a shortage of artillery shells.

On top of that, Russia’s missile and drone attacks on civilian targets have been becoming more and more sporadic and less and less effective, through a combination of Russia running short of missiles, Ukraine’s air defence becoming more and more effective, as well as the end of winter reducing the impact of targeting energy infrastructure. It’s perhaps telling that there was no mass attack timed to coincide with Finland joining NATO, as it’s extremely unlikely Russia would have let that pass with no response, unless they simply weren’t capable of it.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

It seems that restrictions on official Russian Twitter accounts, including that of Putin, imposed after the start of the invasion of Ukrane have been lifted.

And it’s pure, surreal, comedy gold. Absolutely radio rental.

15 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

And it’s pure, surreal, comedy gold. Absolutely radio rental.

Sounds like they’d be open to negotiating reasonable terms to end the fighting. I’m sure we could rely on them to keep their side of any deal too.

12 hours ago, Jonnyboy said:

Because mocking dead Russian civilians isn't purile and imbecilic 🙄

Which dead Russian civilians would that be ? Perhaps you mean the one that died a few days ago in St Petersburg - the one advocating mass murder and genocide, who had posted images of himself claiming to be on the front lines killing Ukrainians.

Is that one of them ? How many Russian civilians, as opposed to ethnic Russian Ukrainians, have died in the 3 day Special Military Operation ? I bet you can count them on the fingers of one hand, and maybe still have one or two free digits.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Which dead Russian civilians would that be ? Perhaps you mean the one that died a few days ago in St Petersburg - the one advocating mass murder and genocide, who had posted images of himself claiming to be on the front lines killing Ukrainians.

Is that one of them ? How many Russian civilians, as opposed to ethnic Russian Ukrainians, have died in the 3 day Special Military Operation ? I bet you can count them on the fingers of one hand, and maybe still have one or two free digits.

Indeed. Shame the evil cunt died so quickly

You get the feeling that these leaks are authentic, for no other reason they do not claim that Russia is about to run out of bombs/missiles/ammunition(tm).

Ukraine is in deep trouble, which anyone not consumed by spoon-fed media would have an idea about. 

The meat grinder will go on until the USA have had enough.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

You get the feeling that these leaks are authentic, for no other reason they do not claim that Russia is about to run out of bombs/missiles/ammunition(tm).

Ukraine is in deep trouble, which anyone not consumed by spoon-fed media would have an idea about. 

To be fair, if they were purposely leaked they would be made to look authentic so it's impossible to say. 

10 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Of course Ukraine is in trouble, the "2nd best army in the World", (TM), has been blowing bits of it up for 14 months. Nobody denies this. However, Russia is similarly in trouble; the "second best army in the World", (TM), has spent the last 10 months on the defensive, apart from wasting thousands of lives in failing to capture a town with a pre-war population of under 75 thousand. It lost huge swathes of captured territory when the UA counter attacked in Kharkiv Oblast, has failed, still, to totally control any of the 4 Oblasts that they claimed to have annexed, has lost the only regional capital they captured, and is dragging out 60 year old tanks from weather beaten Siberian storage facilities to replace the thousands they have lost. Their best elite airborne units have been rebuilt 3 times after devastating casualties, second line units are being ordered to shoot any troops from the front lines attempting to withdraw, and there are clear signs that the "second best army in the World", (TM), is facing off against the PMCs serving alongside it.

In fact, the "second best army in the World", ( TM), simply isn't, and the Chinese are enjoying watching every minute.

But then again, seeing as you are 'spoon fed' by your obviously pro-Kremlin Twitter feed, perhaps you are unaware of this.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Ukraine is being invaded by Russia.  Of course they are in deep trouble.  I cannot see that one single person has denied that in the last year.  Russia is a huge country with enormous resources and wealth compared to Ukraine.

What is staggering is that Russia weren't able to complete their occupation within a fortnight as they originally intended.  Even more so that once they captured land they then promptly lost it!

So yes, Ukraine is in deep trouble, but Russia is making itself look more and more foolish the longer this carries on - as you point out it will continue until the USA have had enough, but that is not going to happen any time soon given how they are making Russia look on the world stage without risking a single 'Merican life.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The young lad arrested is probably a crisis actor 🤔

Who know what goes on, you certainly don't. If it was deliberately leaked then the lad is probably just an unwitting pawn in a bigger game. It does seem weird that someone so junior had access to this sort of information. It obviously may all be kosher though.

If only Batman still posted on here, he would know. He used to cook fry-ups on a RN Submarine so naturally had his finger on the pulse of the latest happenings in international espionage.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Who know what goes on, you certainly don't. If it was deliberately leaked then the lad is probably just an unwitting pawn in a bigger game. It does seem weird that someone so junior had access to this sort of information. It obviously may all be kosher though.

If only Batman still posted on here, he would know. He used to cook fry-ups on a RN Submarine so naturally had his finger on the pulse of the latest happenings in international espionage.

very odd post...but well done

🤣

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

What is staggering is that Russia weren't able to complete their occupation within a fortnight as they originally intended.  Even more so that once they captured land they then promptly lost it!

So yes, Ukraine is in deep trouble, but Russia is making itself look more and more foolish the longer this carries on - as you point out it will continue until the USA have had enough, but that is not going to happen any time soon given how they are making Russia look on the world stage without risking a single 'Merican life.

Was that a Russian claim, or something that's come from the West? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, egg said:

Was that a Russian claim, or something that's come from the West? 

RUSI produced a report which they said was based on captured Russian plans, and stated that the plans intended the capture of Kyiv and elimination of the Ukrainian Government within 10 days of the start of the invasion. Whilst I don't necessarily completely trust other media outlets that reported this, I personally think that RUSi are trustworthy in this regard.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This one is specifically for Jonnyboy;

Transcript of part of a video interview with a former Wagner unit commander.....

"When i came to the basement. A lot of kids were there. I had an order that nobody should leave. I did what i was told. I followed the order. Nobody escaped the basement. Together with my group we killed everyone there.

How many of them were children?

There were about 40 kids. In total there were around 300-400 people

"I executed the order with this hand, I killed the children on the order," Uldarov says. "What we did when we entered Soledar and Bakhmut... We were given the command to clear and kill everyone. We went and killed all women, men, pensioners and children, including minors, five-year-olds."

Now explain how Russian civilians are experiencing this.

• Sad 1

Johnnyboy told us innocent Russian civilians were in mortal danger but no one wanted to listen!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65344370

The defence ministry in Moscow says a Russian fighter jet accidentally bombed the city of Belgorod near the border with Ukraine.

Bombed their own city!  Clowns.

Although the bomb left a 60ft crater damaging several buildings, with enough energy to throw a car onto the roof of a building, yet, amazingly, just two ladies were a little bit injured.

This must be the new Russian bombs they've got from North Korea, smart little fuckers can limit the damage when the thick as shit pilot bombs the wrong town, either that or the Russian news agencies are telling porkies, but I know which one I believe!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Johnnyboy told us innocent Russian civilians were in mortal danger but no one wanted to listen!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65344370

Bombed their own city!  Clowns.

Although the bomb left a 60ft crater damaging several buildings, with enough energy to throw a car onto the roof of a building, yet, amazingly, just two ladies were a little bit injured.

This must be the new Russian bombs they've got from North Korea, smart little fuckers can limit the damage when the thick as shit pilot bombs the wrong town, either that or the Russian news agencies are telling porkies, but I know which one I believe!

Damaged cars in Belgorod

Is that before or after? 

• Haha 1

On 17/04/2023 at 18:53, badgerx16 said:

This one is specifically for Jonnyboy;

Transcript of part of a video interview with a former Wagner unit commander.....

"When i came to the basement. A lot of kids were there. I had an order that nobody should leave. I did what i was told. I followed the order. Nobody escaped the basement. Together with my group we killed everyone there.

How many of them were children?

There were about 40 kids. In total there were around 300-400 people

"I executed the order with this hand, I killed the children on the order," Uldarov says. "What we did when we entered Soledar and Bakhmut... We were given the command to clear and kill everyone. We went and killed all women, men, pensioners and children, including minors, five-year-olds."

Now explain how Russian civilians are experiencing this.

@badgerx16 if you want to tag me, use the @ symbol you silly old duffer. 

The first natural question would be is that actually a genuine quote/event? 

If its true, that's really quite sick that you seem to indirectly be accusing me of supporting mass murder of civilians, and even worse to be using it to score cheap points on the Internet. 

You even care so much about civilians that a few posts later you are having a good old laugh about some Russians being hurt as a result of some military mistake (it was hilarious when friendly fire killed our boys in Iraq eh?) 

Don't worry though, I will continue to laugh at any of your hypocritical, flag waving, war boner, contradictory posts until you get the mods to remove the laugh emoji. 

3 hours ago, Jonnyboy said:

@badgerx16 if you want to tag me, use the @ symbol you silly old duffer. 

The first natural question would be is that actually a genuine quote/event? 

If its true, that's really quite sick that you seem to indirectly be accusing me of supporting mass murder of civilians, and even worse to be using it to score cheap points on the Internet. 

You even care so much about civilians that a few posts later you are having a good old laugh about some Russians being hurt as a result of some military mistake (it was hilarious when friendly fire killed our boys in Iraq eh?) 

Don't worry though, I will continue to laugh at any of your hypocritical, flag waving, war boner, contradictory posts until you get the mods to remove the laugh emoji. 

1( If I wanted to 'tag' you I would probably use a tranquiliser dart gun 😉 ,

2) Yes, apparently it is genuine. ( Insofar as anybody can ascertain amongst the flood of propaganda ).

3) The question that many on here would like you to answer is why do you so frequently post laughing emojis in reponse to posts reflecting the abhorrent and inhumane behaviour of the Russian invaders in Ukraine ? It is this action on your part that makes us think that perhaps you are less than supportive of the people of Ukraine in their struggle against Russian barbarism.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1