Russia

whelk

Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales

• Da!
    • Net!

2 hours ago, egg said:

Sure, they knew of A threat, but that's a million miles from knowing of this particular threat, and either allowing it to happen, or being behind it.

For a long time you've had this misguided belief that Russia's military is a busted flush, and now you're saying that it could turn in it's people in this way. Methinks you're looking for what you want to see. 

I saw a video online yesterday (didnt save the link) purportedly from a former security guard at the venue detailing a number of specific allegations:

1. the security measures normally in place for any concert were absent for the night of the attack. People were free to access the building 

2. The owner spent a fortune on fire precautions including a state of the art sprinkler system with its independent water supply (very unusual in Russia) but the system didn't activate

3. Both the police and fire brigade took an hour and 15 minutes to show up. Note to show up - not be there quickly but hold back from entering for reaso X or Y             

Edited by buctootim

8 hours ago, egg said:

For a long time you've had this misguided belief that Russia's military is a busted flush,

Whereas you seem to have a hard on for Russia and are in awe of their might. 

29 minutes ago, whelk said:

Whereas you seem to have a hard on for Russia and are in awe of their might. 

What a daft comment. We've got experts on here who told us that they were running on empty and nobody would supply them anything. That's plainly bollox, as is the suggestion that they were behind the recent attack. 

16 hours ago, egg said:

What a daft comment. We've got experts on here who told us that they were running on empty and nobody would supply them anything. That's plainly bollox, as is the suggestion that they were behind the recent attack. 

Nice strawman you’ve got there. No one’s suggested they’re running on empty or that they’re completely cut off from all supplies. Everyone is painfully aware that they’re very capable of terrorising civilians and capable of throwing numbers at Ukraine’s defence to gain some Pyrrhic victories.

They are, however, taking unsustainable losses doing so. Some parts of their war machine are severely degraded now. They’re losing thousands of troops every week, having had to deploy more than 95% of their forces just to hold the front line essentially where it is. The Black Sea Fleet is essentially confined to port. Aviation losses have ticked up significantly in the past few weeks. There’s been a noticeable change in the ratio of Russia’s losses between tanks and IFVs, suggesting they’re starting to run out of tanks to drag out of storage and upgrade, as that’s where the majority of their claimed tank production has come from. In the past two months, around 40% of their oil production has been halted, likely for a minimum of 18 months. Probably longer, considering the number of different refineries that will require the same parts and Western sanctions making it extremely difficult to obtain those parts.

Still, I’m sure you’re extremely informed and can tell us all how well it’s actually going for Russia.

41 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Nice strawman you’ve got there. No one’s suggested they’re running on empty or that they’re completely cut off from all supplies. Everyone is painfully aware that they’re very capable of terrorising civilians and capable of throwing numbers at Ukraine’s defence to gain some Pyrrhic victories.

They are, however, taking unsustainable losses doing so. Some parts of their war machine are severely degraded now. They’re losing thousands of troops every week, having had to deploy more than 95% of their forces just to hold the front line essentially where it is. The Black Sea Fleet is essentially confined to port. Aviation losses have ticked up significantly in the past few weeks. There’s been a noticeable change in the ratio of Russia’s losses between tanks and IFVs, suggesting they’re starting to run out of tanks to drag out of storage and upgrade, as that’s where the majority of their claimed tank production has come from. In the past two months, around 40% of their oil production has been halted, likely for a minimum of 18 months. Probably longer, considering the number of different refineries that will require the same parts and Western sanctions making it extremely difficult to obtain those parts.

Still, I’m sure you’re extremely informed and can tell us all how well it’s actually going for Russia.

They have - that point has been made in this thread. Re the rest of your waffle, my point was that despite people's claims, Russia have demonstrated the capacity (including over recent days) to launch widespread missile and drone attacks causing massive damage to Ukrainian infrastructure. They are not the spent force that people hope them to be. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

They have - that point has been made in this thread. Re the rest of your waffle, my point was that despite people's claims, Russia have demonstrated the capacity (including over recent days) to launch widespread missile and drone attacks causing massive damage to Ukrainian infrastructure. They are not the spent force that people hope them to be. 

Really? I’m sure you’ll be able to quote some examples of that then.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

So that’s a no then. Like I said, strawman.

Ha! My not wanting to do your admin doesn't make for a 'strawman' comment. A feature of this thread has been the suggestion that Russia's military hasn't got much left, and even the suggestion that people won't defy sanctions to supply them. 

Just now, Lighthouse said:

Nothing says we’ve got tonnes of military surplus quite like pulling 50 year old tanks out of museums and going cap in hand to North Korea for ammo to fill them up.

They've got enough cruise missiles to throw them around in the way they have over the last 3 days. As for the North Korean supplies, they recently supplied 1m+ shells, whereas Germany have had to row back from it's offer to supply Ukraine. Who gives a monkeys where the ammo comes from, the fact is that Russia are getting it. 

16 minutes ago, egg said:

Ha! My not wanting to do your admin doesn't make for a 'strawman' comment. A feature of this thread has been the suggestion that Russia's military hasn't got much left, and even the suggestion that people won't defy sanctions to supply them. 

It’s not doing my admin, it’s doing your admin. You’re the one making claims about what other people have said here.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

It’s not doing my admin, it’s doing your admin. You’re the one making claims about what other people have said here.

That would be true if I was trying to prove something. I am not. The ball's in your court poppet. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, egg said:

That would be true if I was trying to prove something. I am not. The ball's in your court poppet. 

I’ll give you that, you’re not trying to prove anything. No need to bother with little things like that as far as you’re concerned obviously.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

I’ll give you that, you’re not trying to prove anything. No need to bother with little things like that as far as you’re concerned obviously.

Jeez. Read the thread back mate of it excites you that much. I know what's been posted. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

It has been said on here for sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Russian air defences in the Crimea appear to have shot down another of their own SU-27s.

Nonsense, the Russian military would never make such a mistake. This was done by Ukrainian Nazis working with *sticks hand into hat full of paper* … The Real IRA.

• Haha 1