Russia

whelk

Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales

• Da!
    • Net!

1 hour ago, egg said:

Defence in depth based on heavy deployment of mines will stop anything making a rapid advance. The thing Ukraine is short of is equipment to cut paths through the minefields; there are reports that the Russians have been laying stacks of anti-tank mines, 4 or 5 on top of each other, which means that where the Ukrainian army does deploy mine clearing machinery, designed to resist the explosion of single mines, the force is multiplied and thereby knocks the mine sweeper out of action.

Cheap, effective defence, which mitigates the lack of training of the mobilised Russian conscripts, and plays to the strengths of Russia's most effective weaponry, it's artillery.

9 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

What's the point of a peace summit where you don't invite one of the parties in the conflict? Is it just an excuse for a party.

Probably only mention of peace now is because drones are hitting Moscow, something they couldn't imagine when carrying out their 3 day SMO.

40 minutes ago, buctootim said:

I know there are lots of war videos but somehow the raw nature of this one, scared kids in a park witnessing a double missile strike on a hotel housing their summer camp hits home more. 

One that shook me in the last few days is a video of 2 young women busking on a Ukrainian city street, an hour before they were killed by a missile strike.

3 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Kerch bridge hit again.

Or not hit, according to Russia....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66484640

Two Ukrainian missiles have targeted a bridge linking Russia to the annexed Crimean peninsula, Moscow says.

Videos on social media show plumes of smoke rising near Kerch bridge. Russia's defence ministry said S-200 missiles had been used and shot down causing no damage.

I guess we'll know if they're lying or not if there are pictures of more holes in the bridge....

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I see Putins terrorist state, tried to blow up the moon yesterday, Russian cunts.

32 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Surprised they managed to hit the moon and didnt blow up Baikonur tbf 

Due to corruption, what actually hit the moon was a house brick wrapped in tin foil.

Didn't launch from Baikonur, it went from their new space base in Vostochny in the far East of the country.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Jonnyboy said:

Do I get banned if I post up Russian propaganda to balance the 90% Ukrainian propaganda on this thread?

What, like the TELEGRAM thread is response to the death of a 6 year old Ukrainian girl in a missile strike, where someone put up a fake advert for childrens' shoes "no longer needed", and got over 40 thousand likes?

Or perhaps the video chat on mainstream Russian TV where they discussed how to deal with Ukrainians ; If they don't want to be Russians then shoot them, beat them around the head with rifle butts and knock their teeth out to change their minds, or deport them all to Poland.

Then again, maybe the gleeful news item about the successful strike of a ballistic missile on a theatre in Chernihiv, killing or injuring over a hundred people ?

There you go, I have saved you the bother.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Day five hundred and something of the special military operation. Air bases near St Petersburg are now under attack.

IMG_0324.webp

Is there a source for that?

It looks a little convenient that there is a camera there capturing the image of the plane in flames at that exact moment, with no other visible damage anywhere....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It looks a little convenient that there is a camera there capturing the image of the plane in flames at that exact moment, with no other visible damage anywhere....

It is one of a set of pictures from a Russian source and published on TELEGRAM. This is a satellite image from before the attack that is reported to show the aircraft that was hit; ( from what I can work out, the image was taken on 16th August and released on 21st, after the attack, hence the confusing script in the top left )

Screenshot_20230822-082454.png

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

That's a picture of a fire. It could be anything. and anywhere.

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why would there be other damage if it were a drone attack? This fire has been burning for some time but you are right to take such images at face value only. 

Russian propaganda these days seems to be ‘we could nuke everyone and win, and no-one will retaliate because we have more nukes than everyone.’

Incidentally, Ukraine has a defence agreement with China in the event that Ukraine is attacked with nuclear weapons.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/feb/28/putins-war-tests-chinas-nuclear-pact-ukraine/

Whether that would hold up in the event it was triggered is one thing, but China really wouldn’t want to be seen to break a treaty, which is likely why a lot of the nuclear threats being implied by Russian officials dried up after the meetings with China happened a fair while back.

For what it’s worth, the UK MOD think the hit on the Tu-22M is highly likely genuine.