Random forum issue after renewing sub

Convict Colony

Try clearing your cache and logging out and back in again - there was a software update recently that introduced a few minor changes in terms of the files that get loaded into each page view. Your browser may still be running on the old files.

On your laptop you should just be able to do a hard reload (Ctrl + F5), on mobile you'll probably have to go into the browser settings to clear the cache.

• Like 1

I did have this same problem, just after the forum had been updated. But mine is fine now, I just cleared my cache. I haven't had to do anything else.

I can only think your devices are keeping some sort of cache and not clearing properly? Bit weird though!

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

It\s definitely a caching issue either within your browser or your network (possibly via your router) - when the software update was run, there were some changes to some of the scripts that power the post editor, to the extent that using the previous version of the script would mean the editor doesn't work.

There are a number of different things that can be tried to force the new version of the script to be used in your browser.

Firstly, on a desktop browser (this is usually unavailable on mobile), open the Developer Tools window on any post on the forum (the problem might not show on pages where the editor isn't used) and do a "hard" refresh - usually Ctrl + F5 on Windows, Cmd + R on macOS. The Developer Tools console will probably show an error message in red, probably about a function not existing.
Secondly, log out of your user account and delete ALL cookies and cache files connected to this site. Close your browser completely, re-open it and try accessing the site again.
Thirdly, clear your DNS cache - https://constellix.com/news/how-to-flush-dns-cache-windows-mac
Fourthly, reboot your router

The files have a 14-day expiry on them in the cache, so your browser should request a new copy of it after 14 days.

13 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Hoooray it works I'm back.

Didnt do all that cmd stuff though - just cleared my cache again logged out, closed browser, re-opened and logged back in.

@stevegrant thanks

Just wondering how you post a screenshot. Can you post directly or do you have to upload the image somewhere?

I'm back in business after a week in the posting wilderness!      Frustrating not to be able to comment on that meek Liverpool roll over.   Only KWP, Salisu, Lyanco and Redmond played for the shirt on the night.     And if Ralph survives the Summer he can count himself very fortunate.