A Mark Noble Thread for some Reason (Split)

LeBizzier69

5 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

The Mark Noble tributes and dewy-eyed sentimental rubbish being posted is so vomit inducing. Well done for being paid millions to play football. Seriously, well done. 

Really? 17 years at one club, they weren’t always top half club in that time either. Stuck with them when they went down. Im sure you’d don’t find it vomit inducing when people talk about Benali or Dodd with affection 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Really? 17 years at one club, they weren’t always top half club in that time either. Stuck with them when they went down. Im sure you’d don’t find it vomit inducing when people talk about Benali or Dodd with affection 

You’re right. I think he came on in 75th minute, so I’ll be writing to WHU to suggest a minute’s applause on 75 minutes…the 75th home game from now and multiples of from here on in.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

You’re right. I think he came on in 75th minute, so I’ll be writing to WHU to suggest a minute’s applause on 75 minutes…the 75th home game from now and multiples of from here on in.

Why would you do that? How about you just not get yourself all upset because another club celebrated the career of a bloke who has given them 17 years service which in this day and age is incredibly rare and not something to get all wound up about.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

why would you do that? How about you just not get yourself all upset about a club celebrating a bloke giving them 17 years service, it really isn't something you get all hot and bothered about

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Why would you do that? How about you just not get yourself all upset because another club celebrated the career of a bloke who has given them 17 years service which in this day and age is incredibly rare and not something to get all wound up about.

I’m better off venting football related frustrations here than at my wife. I’m all for celebrating loyalty, but it’s so over egged…..and maybe I should give Noble a break. After all, he may be in the 0.00001% of modern day players who care about their club.

10 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

The Mark Noble tributes and dewy-eyed sentimental rubbish being posted is so vomit inducing. Well done for being paid millions to play football. Seriously, well done. 

Not that I've seen any, but surely that's got to be respected in this day and age when so few players stick around long enough to make it to double figures at a club (as I note JWP is due his premier league debut milestone at the start of the next season).

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

Exactly but sadly it’s gone over Sue’s angry little mind

Always appreciate the small expressions of lurve between you two and I eagerly await the inevitable heartfelt exchanges on the misuse of the ignore function.

17 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Not that I've seen any, but surely that's got to be respected in this day and age when so few players stick around long enough to make it to double figures at a club (as I note JWP is due his premier league debut milestone at the start of the next season).

Always appreciate the small expressions of lurve between you two and I eagerly await the inevitable heartfelt exchanges on the misuse of the ignore function.

I’m not blaming the player as such, it’s all the sentimental drivel from the media. Maybe I should come off Twitter instead!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

I’m not blaming the player as such, it’s all the sentimental drivel from the media. Maybe I should come off Twitter instead!

Probably should.

we still champion Benali, and he retired how long ago?

Edited by AlexLaw76

18 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

She is one of my favourite posters, likes to play the part of the lovely, open minded, strong person but you're never a few keystrokes away from a foul mouth tirade of abuse if you so much as allude to something she doesn't agree with.

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Probably should.

we still harp on about Benali, and he retired how long ago?

Terry Paine played his last game for Saints nearly half a century ago but people still go on about him as a Saints legend and the old stories come out whenever he's at a game. Guess we're only allowed to like it if it's saints players.

Great for him to play his whole career at his boyhood club. Great for West Ham fans. Thats about it.

Never been good enough to play at a higher level, and probably on a decent contract, and loyal enough that he didnt want to leave to go elsewhere. He's a club legend but agree some of the press stuff is over the top, like fans of other clubs really care.

Media report a player who forces their way out of a team because they want to earn more at a bigger club, or play at a higher level. Football fans moan.

Media report a player who gives pretty much their whole career to one club (a club they supported as a child). Doesn't moan; doesn't fuss; always gives 100% and stick with them when they get relgated; is instrumental in them being promoted again... and football fans moan.

• Like 3

The media obviously give it airtime because it's a rare event and a good news story.  I don't think any other player is in the same situation in the Prem this season, but if Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, JWP, etc do the same thing and retire at Noble's age still part of their club's first team squad and club captain, expect the same sort of media interest.

• Like 1

He’s spent his entire career predominantly with one club and has conducted himself in an exemplary manner. In any other walk of life that would be applauded and he should be too. More like him as role models can only be a good thing. I hope we laud JWP in a similar way at the end of this decade but I suspect we won’t be.

8 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Keep it at arm's length like the rest of the media frenzy around certain clubs... it's bad enough with them praying for Liverpool to win the quad and Everton to stay up. Here's a nightmare apocalypse scenario for you, imagine if West Ham actually won something. 😳