Steven Davis

Bakovnetski

30 minutes ago, Bakovnetski said:

Still a better player than 95% of our squad and playing as sub in the Uefa Cup Final tonight. Thanks Ross.

No he isn’t, he’s just moved to a much less demanding League, like Fonte. He left at the right time.

• Like 3

Great effort by Rangers, to even be there is incredible really. Probably the first and last European final most of their fans will ever see, so a great experience. Just a bit gutting.

Of all the players to miss it though, the player brought in as the coup. He has been absolutely terrible for them.

Davis top, top player, top guy. We miss him more than any of our 'defectors'. What I'd give for someone like him in midfield right now, even at 37 he'd walk in to any of the 10 positions.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 9

12 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Great effort by Rangers, to even be there is incredible really. Probably the first and last European final most of their fans will ever see, so a great experience. Just a bit gutting.

Of all the players to miss it though, the player brought in as the coup. He has been absolutely terrible for them.

Davis top, top player, top guy. We miss him more than any of our 'defectors'. What I'd give for someone like him in midfield right now, even at 37 he'd walk in to any of the 10 positions.

I'm sure a large majority of their fans will remember the 2008 final!

10 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

No he isn’t, he’s just moved to a much less demanding League, like Fonte. He left at the right time.

He did leave at the right time. But at 37 hes still better than many of our midfield options - Diallo, Smallbone, Djenepo, Moi. Sad state of our recruitment/academy in recent years

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sydenhamssocks said:

Yet at 37 stood out when he came on in a European Final. There’s a few of ours wouldn’t do that ! 

We had our "European final" the other night and no-one bar possibly Lyanco stood out. 

We thought Stu could be our Davis.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

to answer the OP, yes, he is better than 95% of our playing staff. JWP is the only midfielder we have that is better. Thought he was class when he came on, just does things so simply makes the game look easy. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, sydenhamssocks said:

Yet at 37 stood out when he came on in a European Final. There’s a few of ours wouldn’t do that ! 

Davis doesn’t have to play Premier League football every week. I’m sure he looked excellent in his cameo last night but he wouldn’t be of much use to us right now.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Davis doesn’t have to play Premier League football every week. I’m sure he looked excellent in his cameo last night but he wouldn’t be of much use to us right now.

And neither he should, he’s 37. I didn’t say he would be of use to us now. My point is the qualities he’s always had still serve him well. A style and type of midfielder we haven’t really replaced and would be beneficial if we had one now. Having watched the game, his role was a little more than a ‘cameo’. He was instrumental in taking control of the midfield and Rangers getting back on the front foot. Dispatched his penalty well too. Sadly the level of some of our current midfielders would struggle to do that in a league game never mind a major final despite having youth on their side. An understated classy player who’s know-how would be wasted if not utilised in a coaching capacity some day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I’ve been drinking with Rangers fans this afternoon, he’s a legend up there, but they said he’s legs have pretty much gone. Anyone who thinks he could play regularly in our side is deluded. 

• 4 months later...