Armel Bella-Kotchap - Official: Loaned to PSV

Ldnsaint

39 minutes ago, Dellman said:

Well, Lambert, Lovren, Van Dyke, Lallana, Mane and Clyne all went there within two years. Sounds like a very hot connection to me. I really hope it's gone cold

I wonder if Derby will come in for him given the saints Derby connection after all Shilton and Mark Wright both went there the same season in 1987

7 hours ago, northdevonsaint said:

Just been called up to the German national team for Nations league games vs England and Hungary

6 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Great stuff! Hopefully he'll be off to the world cup too.

Personally, I'd rather he stayed under the radar for a little longer, and had a four week break this winter to resume the season with us when it re-starts.

• Like 1

Just now, Badger said:

Probably.

The only other s German international I can think of is Uwe Rosler, who played for East Germany, though not whilst with us.

Yeah he played a few times years before he joined us, can’t remember any other German players let alone internationals 

• 1 month later...

Doesn't look like he's in the provisional German world cup squad which has leaked.

If they were holding off on operating on his shoulder because he was eying up the WC, they should probably get it booked now - it's a pretty long recovery period, IIRC.

Edited by qwertyell

5 hours ago, qwertyell said:

If they were holding off on operating on his shoulder because he was eying up the WC, they should probably get it booked now - it's a pretty long recovery period, IIRC.

Yep - 3 games till the WC now? We can cover him till then. He was always an outside chance of making the squad anyway.

• 10 months later...
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Armel Bella-Kotchap - Official: Loaned to PSV
Just now, Turkish said:

Looks like we’re going to be stuck with tall Paul and Djenepo 

The Onuachu one is really interesting, he hasn't had a look in and isn't really being integrated - clearly doesn't fit any sort of style we're trying. Paid a decent wedge, but may not even make the bench in the Championship. 

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The Onuachu one is really interesting, he hasn't had a look in and isn't really being integrated - clearly doesn't fit any sort of style we're trying. Paid a decent wedge, but may not even make the bench in the Championship. 

I didn’t think it would be possible to make a worse signing than Carillo but somehow we did

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I didn’t think it would be possible to make a worse signing than Carillo but somehow we did

I honestly don't think he's as bad as Carillo. I may have only been the Belgian league but he knows how to put the ball in the net. If he stays we surely have to try and extract more value out of him and give him a chance.

• Like 2

Just now, BotleySaint said:

I honestly don't think he's as bad as Carillo. I may have only been the Belgian league but he knows how to put the ball in the net. If he stays we surely have to try and extract more value out of him and give him a chance.

I hope you’re right. At least TP did have a goal scoring record when he joined, Carillo was so obviously a shit signing it was hilarious watching divs on here trying to make out he’s scored one in two throughout his career 🤣

maybe we can get a tune out of him as late sub or something but he seems to be the exact opposite of what Martin wants in a player 

• 1 month later...