Are We Now A Broken Country?

sadoldgit

Apart from the farcical chaos in Westminster this week and the economic meltdown that we face this winter, more misery has been heaped on us this week. A grim report into child sex abuse in this country was published yesterday but buried by the news about Truss’s resignation. All this week the local news has been covering a report from an investigation into infant mortality at two hospitals in East Kent, my local hospital in Ashford and another in Margate which has been damning and records that 45 babies would not have died with better care. Tory supporters are talking seriously about trying to reinstate Boris Johnson as PM. People have been phoning in to LBC in tears at the state of the country.

WTF is going on here?

I’ve listen to interviews with people in America and Europe today either laughing at us or asking what the hell has happened to a once great country.

I should throw in the report about the Met, our flagship police force, which shows clear signs of mismanagement.

Wasn’t the whole point of Brexit to step out from the supposed constraints of the EU and forge ahead under our own steam because we were being held back? Not working out that way though is it? As Alpine would say, we are being run like a seaside b & b.

Although we desperately need a different Government, it is going to take years to sort this mess out even with fresh ideas.

I am genuinely interested to hear from anyone who voted for Brexit and still thinks that it, and another Tory government, is a good idea.

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Turkish said:

As if he wasn’t droning on enough on other threads he’s started a new one FFS

Do you think you could - just once - bring yourself to respond to the content of one of Soggy's posts objectively instead of just attacking him personally?

Your obsession with him is just plain fucking weird.

• Like 7

No.

The post could also be read as politicians, clinical mismanagement and corrupt policing held to account. Not pleasant reading the details, but a lot better than any number of other countries have got.

If the Conservative Party vote Boris back in, following their own rules, then they will be judged at the next democratically held election, just as they were with him in the last one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

No.

The post could also be read as politicians, clinical mismanagement and corrupt policing held to account. Not pleasant reading the details, but a lot better than any number of other countries have got.

If the Conservative Party vote Boris back in, following their own rules, then they will be judged at the next democratically held election, just as they were with him in the last one.

But are they being held to account?

We hear of these bad events in hospitals, old people's homes and children's homes but is anyone sacked or prosecuted?

We get the same old "lessons will be learnt" bollox and maybe a few of the junior people may be reprimanded when in truth, it should be the people at the top who should be held to account. Even if a senior manager resigns they often later appear at another authority.

Harry Truman had a plaque on his desk "The Buck Stops Here". It should apply to all those at the top of these organisations.

18 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Do you think you could - just once - bring yourself to respond to the content of one of Soggy's posts objectively instead of just attacking him personally?

Your obsession with him is just plain fucking weird.

Why? He talks endless drivel And is miserable as fuck. When he posts something worth responding objectively too, rest assured, I will. 

11 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Apart from the farcical chaos in Westminster this week and the economic meltdown that we face this winter, more misery has been heaped on us this week. A grim report into child sex abuse in this country was published yesterday but buried by the news about Truss’s resignation. All this week the local news has been covering a report from an investigation into infant mortality at two hospitals in East Kent, my local hospital in Ashford and another in Margate which has been damning and records that 54 babies would not have died with better care. Tory supporters are talking seriously about trying to reinstate Boris Johnson as PM. People have been phoning in to LBC in tears at the state of the country.

WTF is going on here?

I’ve listen to interviews with people in America and Europe today either laughing at us or asking what the hell has happened to a once great country.

I should throw in the report about the Met, our flagship police force, which shows clear signs of mismanagement.

Wasn’t the whole point of Brexit to step out from the supposed constraints of the EU and forge ahead under our own steam because we were being held back? Not working out that way though is it? As Alpine would say, we are being run like a seaside b & b.

Although we desperately need a different Government, it is going to take years to sort this mess out even with fresh ideas.

I am genuinely interested to hear from anyone who voted for Brexit and still thinks that it, and another Tory government, is a good idea.

The systematic sex abuse is predominately down to one particular group, not that you’d acknowledge that. 

The NHS isn’t fit for purpose, yet people like you will blame the Tories as opposed to the “heroes “ that work in it or the system itself. 

The police are full of people who agree with you on most social issues .

And the rest of your post is covered under other anti Tory & Brexit threads. 

You aren’t “genuinely interested” in other views, you’re just trolling. 

• Like 1

So we all agree the answer is no, this thread is unnecessary with all the points already covered on other threads. So pretty much what i said at the start of the thread but was jumped on by the lounge superstars for being obsessed with soggy, interestingly both of which posted on this thread neither offering the objective response to Soggys post that they demanded from me 🤣

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

So we all agree the answer is no, this thread is unnecessary with all the points already covered on other threads. So pretty much what i said at the start of the thread but was jumped on by the lounge superstars for being obsessed with soggy, interestingly both of which posted on this thread neither offering the objective response to Soggys post that they demanded from me 🤣

Your obsession is a bit weird though mate. It's like deep down you are just as woke as Sadoldgit but unlike him you are scared to express your true self in case you ruin your sad hard-man image.

I think deep down you actually love him but because you have to keep taking the piss out or cervixes and taking the knee for the sake of your image you take your frustrations out on him. If you don't like his threads just don't post on them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Your obsession is a bit weird though mate. It's like deep down you are just as woke as Sadoldgit but unlike him you are scared to express your true self in case you ruin your sad hard-man image.

I think deep down you actually love him but because you have to keep taking the piss out or cervixes and taking the knee for the sake of your image you take your frustrations out on him. If you don't like his threads just don't post on them.

Not sure I follow that. This thread was unnecessary and a felt a bit "look at me". Although I wouldn't have posted as Turkish did, he's right.

The irony is that SoG is a frequent critic of others, and refers to them randomly in posts even in response to other people's posts. Turkish at least played the post, and the actual poster. It's irritating and creates posts like mine, yours and others in this thread. Shame. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The systematic sex abuse is predominately down to one particular group, not that you’d acknowledge that. 

The NHS isn’t fit for purpose, yet people like you will blame the Tories as opposed to the “heroes “ that work in it or the system itself. 

The systematic sex abuse is predominately down to one particular group do you mean the priests in churches because I believe there has been a great many cases and the findings of the Govt Review have been published recently although I have not read about

The NHS isn’t fit for purpose because the staff are shattered and there are so many vacancies which were previously filled by EU citizens and lack of investment by the current Govt

The police are full of people who should have been sacked according the current Met Commissioner 

Boris got Brexit done which seems to be a positive although the ramifications are felt in a negative sense in so many aspects of day to day life

The Brexit effect: how leaving the EU hit the UK | FT Film - YouTube

The country is not broken but it is nowhere near the stability of other developed counties and has high levels of deprivation which not apparent to many people who are lucky like me to have any average income four times higher than an average Pensioner

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, aintforever said:

You’ve written an incredible amount of bollocks on here over the years and this is no exception

still I’m sure soggy will be very upset that his look at me thread has ended up being about me, with all the high and mighty posters posting about me whilst accusing me of being obsessed with soggy 🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If I was “just trolling” I could do that on other threads. What group are you talking about in particular? If it is who I think it is you are wrong. Most sex crimes in this country are carried out by white men. The NHS is on its knees because of lack of funding for years, but yes, Tory austerity measures have not helped, nor their effort of privatisation through the back door. You voted for Brexit, where are the benefits? You can’t tell me so you just deflect. It is what you all do.

Yes there are other countries in a worse state than us, but I am speaking relatively. For the 5th richest country in the planet we seem to be in a real mess.

So far no Tory voters or Brexiters seem to have a come back, it is just the usual personal attack rubbish.

God knows what the answer is until we have a General Election, but it is way past time for a major overhaul of our electoral system. Minority governments are never ideal, especially in the circumstances we find ourselves in. We need an independent body to look at the way we elect our MPs and PMs. First past the post does not work democratically. We need a system which reflects in Parliament what people vote for. Sadly PR would benefit far right organisations and could mean that Farage finally gets his seat in Westminster, but better to have these people inside pissing out, within the system rather than stirring this up on the outside.

It is beyond ridiculous that a person just outed by his own party for his conduct is back in the running for his job back a few weeks after leaving in disgrace. Why do a few doddery old ladies get to choose our next PM? With Truss it was clear the system is not only flawed, it is completely undemocratic. We need a root and branch review of the way this country is run, from government to public services. I heard it suggested the other day that we needed a coalition government using the best brains of all parties to get things back on an even keel and to provide more of a level playing field for the way forward. Something radical needs to happen. We can’t carry on the way we are. If we do we are only likely to get more of the same.

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

If I was “just trolling” I could do that on other threads. What group are you talking about in particular? If it is who I think it is you are wrong. Most sex crimes in this country are carried out by white men. The NHS is on its knees because of lack of funding for years, but yes, Tory austerity measures have not helped, nor their effort of privatisation through the back door. You voted for Brexit, where are the benefits? You can’t tell me so you just deflect. It is what you all do.

Yes there are other countries in a worse state than us, but I am speaking relatively. For the 5th richest country in the planet we seem to be in a real mess.

So far no Tory voters or Brexiters seem to have a come back, it is just the usual personal attack rubbish.

God knows what the answer is until we have a General Election, but it is way past time for a major overhaul of our electoral system. Minority governments are never ideal, especially in the circumstances we find ourselves in. We need an independent body to look at the way we elect our MPs and PMs. First past the post does not work democratically. We need a system which reflects in Parliament what people vote for. Sadly PR would benefit far right organisations and could mean that Farage finally gets his seat in Westminster, but better to have these people inside pissing out, within the system rather than stirring this up on the outside.

It is beyond ridiculous that a person just outed by his own party for his conduct is back in the running for his job back a few weeks after leaving in disgrace. Why do a few doddery old ladies get to choose our next PM? With Truss it was clear the system is not only flawed, it is completely undemocratic. We need a root and branch review of the way this country is run, from government to public services. I heard it suggested the other day that we needed a coalition government using the best brains of all parties to get things back on an even keel and to provide more of a level playing field for the way forward. Something radical needs to happen. We can’t carry on the way we are. If we do we are only likely to get more of the same.

😴 💤 

Somebody give the tight wad a  fiver, so he doesn’t have to crowbar all his daily opinions into 3 posts…

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

You’ve written an incredible amount of bollocks on here over the years and this is no exception

still I’m sure soggy will be very upset that his look at me thread has ended up being about me, with all the high and mighty posters posting about me whilst accusing me of being obsessed with soggy 🤣🤣🤣

You are obsessed with him, sad but true, everywhere he goes you turn up.