Not the BBC Thread

Guided Missile

3 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

The oppressed and vulnerable are the British people who have to put up with illegal immigration. 

“Put up with?” This country is full of migrants from various generations and needs migrants to function. If you bothered to look at the stats you would see that most of these people, when they finally get around to having their claims processed, are “ legal” and are given asylum. But well done for continuing the Braverman rhetoric in language similar to that used by the German government in the 1930’s.

Anyway, back to the football on the BBC. I didn’t bother with MOTD on Saturday but did watch it last night. How crap was that without a commentary and analysis? Whatever you think of the taters and pundits, they do add something to the proceedings that’s worth having.

Edited by sadoldgit
Typo
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

“Put up with?” This country is full of migrants from various generations and needs migrants to function. If you bothered to look at the stats you would see that most of these people, when they finally get around to having their claims processed, are “ legal” and are given asylum. But well done for continuing the Braverman rhetoric in language similar to that used by the German government in the 1930’s.

Anyway, back to the football on the BBC. I didn’t bother with MOTD on Saturday but did watch it last night. How crap was that without a commentary and analysis? Whatever you think of the taters and pundits, they do add something to the proceedings that’s worth having.

with your small middle class town having a 97% white British population you are the authority on what it's like to like around immigrants.

Edited by Turkish

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

with your small middle class town having a 97% white British population you are the authority on what it's like to like around immigrants.

Seeing as in 2021 Harrogate was recorded as 95% white, are you better qualified ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Seeing as in 2021 Harrogate was recorded as 95% white, are you better qualified ?

not really, well not any more but i have lived in parts of the country with a lot of immigrants, but then it's not me endlessly piously preaching to everyone about what they should be doing about this sort of stuff is it.

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

You have to admire the brass neck of a man who posts constantly on issues that he is completely ignorant about whilst apparently still holding down a full time job. He is another cut from the same cloth as many cabinet members who think that it is perfectly ok to put utter bollocks out into the public domain in the hope that people will believe it.

As any person with a modicum of intelligence would know, where you live has absolutely nothing to do with how you formulate your views on what is happening in the world around if you just take the trouble to look and engage your brain. As it happens I was born and raised with 4 miles of Westminster and a short walk from Brixton. You know, the place where many of the Windrush generation came in the 50’s. I spent many Saturdays wondering around the market in Brixton as a kid which is about as diverse as they come. I have spent much of my life living and working in London, one of the most diverse capitals in the world. I spent over 20 years of my life working for a national newspaper known for its liberal and humanitarian stance. The nearest town from where I currently live, Ashford, is as diverse as they come. I was born 9 years after the end of WW2 and have seen this country and the world change immeasurably, yet because I have retired to a small village in the middle of nowhere that is a reason to try and discredit my views on immigration. On the plus side, he and the few on here who support his daily trolling, constantly show themselves up for the ill informed people they are. On the minus side, these people have the vote and the time and energy to spend their days posting ignorant nonsense which is designed to influence others who are also hard of thinking.

There are important issues to be discussed about migration both here and across the world, sadly everywhere on social media there are people like the few we have here who just drag it down to a Braverman/Patel level.

If nothing else this ridiculous attempt by the right wing media to gaslight us and to overshadow the immigration bill has highlighted just how these thing work. It also helps to flush out those who support these dangerous policies. The more these people are called out and challenged the better chance we have of changing our society for the better.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

You have to admire the brass neck of a man who posts constantly on issues that he is completely ignorant about whilst apparently still holding down a full time job. He is another cut from the same cloth as many cabinet members who think that it is perfectly ok to put utter bollocks out into the public domain in the hope that people will believe it.

As any person with a modicum of intelligence would know, where you live has absolutely nothing to do with how you formulate your views on what is happening in the world around if you just take the trouble to look and engage your brain. As it happens I was born and raised with 4 miles of Westminster and a short walk from Brixton. You know, the place where many of the Windrush generation came in the 50’s. I spent many Saturdays wondering around the market in Brixton as a kid which is about as diverse as they come. I have spent much of my life living and working in London, one of the most diverse capitals in the world. I spent over 20 years of my life working for a national newspaper known for its liberal and humanitarian stance. The nearest town from where I currently live, Ashford, is as diverse as they come. I was born 9 years after the end of WW2 and have seen this country and the world change immeasurably, yet because I have retired to a small village in the middle of nowhere that is a reason to try and discredit my views on immigration. On the plus side, he and the few on here who support his daily trolling, constantly show themselves up for the ill informed people they are. On the minus side, these people have the vote and the time and energy to spend their days posting ignorant nonsense which is designed to influence others who are also hard of thinking.

There are important issues to be discussed about migration both here and across the world, sadly everywhere on social media there are people like the few we have here who just drag it down to a Braverman/Patel level.

If nothing else this ridiculous attempt by the right wing media to gaslight us and to overshadow the immigration bill has highlighted just how these thing work. It also helps to flush out those who support these dangerous policies. The more these people are called out and challenged the better chance we have of changing our society for the better.

do the one about the muslim barber again, thats a cracker 

23 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

But, do you have a colour TV?

image.png.e5e2f4b94bdc321b0e67d58c6f546a81.png

Edited by AlexLaw76

43 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Are you this boring in real life? 

• Haha 2

On 12/03/2023 at 06:10, SotonianWill said:

yes price of energy cap and this pm delivered furlough as chancellor, also the highest wages since second world war and made the state bigger, that’s very right wing! you seem to have a weird understanding of what right wing is.

this bill just reinforces deportation levels to what they were in previous years such as in 2004 when labour deported 21,000, you wouldn’t liken them to 1930s germany, would you?

* I realise this isn’t about the BBC 

Stockholm syndrome!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

You still breathing? I would have thought all of the frothing you do that your concreted arteries filled with bile would’ve given up by now.

Posts like that aren't called for.  How about playing the post, not the poster...you seem a tad obsessed with this bloke. 

33 minutes ago, aintforever said:

The fella you used to drop into every other reply to try to not appear racist. You know, back in the days when you were crying over a few footballers taking the knee.

I dont need to try not to appear racist sunshine, i've got a few so you'll have to remind me which one you're on about. I do remember i mentioned one of my black mates on here that nearly died from covid before the vaccines were available and you and some of the pricks on here tried making out i was using his experience to try and score cheap points on here, fucking tragic. Talking of not appearing racist have you shit yourself about having to pull anyone up on it recently? 

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, egg said:

Posts like that aren't called for.  How about playing the post, not the poster...you seem a tad obsessed with this bloke. 

Yep, he’s a racist. I tend to play those posters

Well done you though for backing him up though. Seems he can’t defend himself and his xenophobia. 

Edited by Warriorsaint
  • Like 1

On 13/03/2023 at 06:29, Guided Missile said:

Including Southampton students walking through Hoglands Park. This is one of the consequences of uncontrolled immigration.

My daughter is at Uni and the random attacks on students has lead the Uni to offer free cabs to get them from the Library to their halls in the evenings, rather than walk through or near the parks, which is very welcome.  Obviously I have no idea who's responsible but the threat seems real enough.  

15 hours ago, Manuel said:

My daughter is at Uni and the random attacks on students has lead the Uni to offer free cabs to get them from the Library to their halls in the evenings, rather than walk through or near the parks, which is very welcome.  Obviously I have no idea who's responsible but the threat seems real enough.  

The man responsible for the attack was an illegal immigrant from Iraq being housed in a hotel in Bournemouth.  Apparently suggesting that illegal immigrants entering the UK should be subject to some form of control, is racist and that the government should let them all in, is the way forward, according to the lefties on this site. I'd love to hear their opinion with a knife wound through one of their lungs. Still, as Paul McCartney sang:

Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favor
Open the door and let 'em in

On 15/03/2023 at 11:58, Guided Missile said:

The man responsible for the attack was an illegal immigrant from Iraq being housed in a hotel in Bournemouth.  Apparently suggesting that illegal immigrants entering the UK should be subject to some form of control, is racist and that the government should let them all in, is the way forward, according to the lefties on this site. I'd love to hear their opinion with a knife wound through one of their lungs. Still, as Paul McCartney sang:

Do me a favor
Open the door and let 'em in

Bet you and Lord Muckraker are a right laugh on a night out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Bet you and Lord Muckraker are a right laugh on a night out

They’d probably just play clips of Frank Warren and Laurence Fox rants and be perfectly contented. Oh and moan about Linke’r’s salary and how he adds nothing and they could do a better job.

• Haha 2