Tory judgement day pt1

tdmickey3

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

If only there was something to distract the public immediately after the results are finally in.

Chaz getting his new hat is a Tory PR team's wet dream.

Maybe they should have picked last weekend for the Coronation so that the feel good factor carried over into the elections.

25 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Maybe they should have picked last weekend for the Coronation so that the feel good factor carried over into the elections.

Exactly. The Tories missed a golden opportunity here. Mind you the anti Tory feeling throughout the country will mean there will be a feel good factor for most of the population going into the coronation.

• Like 2

LD will be crying in the ale house tonight shitting himself that the pinkos are coming. No Tory can spin this any way that they are hopeless and out of ideas. Keep using the leftie lawyer etc attacks you useless cunts.

• Like 3

Still waiting for the Southampton results, 212 of 230 councils have returned so far. Very much looking like it will remain as a Labour-led council though, but with a much bigger majority.  51 seats across 17 wards up for grabs, although Coxford was cancelled as one of the councillors and candidates died yesterday, so just voting on 48.

Current standings: Labour 23, Tories 6 😆, LD 3, Green 1.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, whelk said:

LD will be crying in the ale house tonight shitting himself that the pinkos are coming. No Tory can spin this any way that they are hopeless and out of ideas. Keep using the leftie lawyer etc attacks you useless cunts.

I dread to think how Guided Missile would spin it 😀

• Haha 1

And Sholing elected 33% of the Tory councillors. Has it had huge levelling up funds to improve it since I last visited friends and family (most of which have escaped by now) or is it just severely right wing? It’s like Saints fans thinking they should be top 4 every season, Bassett they ain’t. 

Edited by saint1977

1 minute ago, saint1977 said:

And Sholing elected 33% of the Tory councillors. Has it had huge levelling up funds to improve it since I last visited friends and family (most of which have escaped by now) or is it just severely right wing? Woolston and Thornhill’s poorer neighbour. 

Harefield also returned 3 of 3 Tory councillors. I was surprised when I looked before today to see how Tory it was, and remains so today.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

And Sholing elected 33% of the Tory councillors. Has it had huge levelling up funds to improve it since I last visited friends and family (most of which have escaped by now) or is it just severely right wing? It’s like Saints fans thinking they should be top 4 every season, Bassett they ain’t. 

I'm in the Bassett ward though I live at the top end of Shirley. All 3 Lib Dems were elected.

They were very active in the weeks leading up to the poll with lots of leaflets and knocking on doors. 

Didn't hear a word from the Tories, no literature, no visits and now no Councillors (in Bassett).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Harefield also returned 3 of 3 Tory councillors. I was surprised when I looked before today to see how Tory it was, and remains so today.

Well done Bassett for going Lib Dem. Harefield like Sholing has had a touch of the Hyacinth Bouquets. Millbrook and Peartree also elected the other three Tory councillors, although Peartree two-thirds non Tory now so getting there. Millbrook must be glutton for punishment.

Edited by saint1977

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Rupert hits nail firmly on head.

C8F6B5F7-9AA0-4198-97CE-53FBB8B464FA.jpeg

I see that Rupert is as delusional as ever. Perhaps more new radio stations and a bit more world class catering would solve the Tories problem. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Has Rishi played a blinder?

He was being interviewed on TV about  the important things the public want to hear about, the five pledges and going on about stopping the small boats. Not long after Dover fell to Labour. He is delusional.

• Like 2

Not sure the five pledges resonate with many. Just sounds like they have all been told to rattle them off constantly when interviewed. Think too many of these comms advisors are just trying to copy Cummings approach of repeat repeat to the dumb masses. Funny as Tory base so out of touch and think everyone thinks when seeing their massive energy bill and hike in mortgage payments,  if only the government could stop those damn boats. 

• Like 1

It's just style over substance, parroted soundbites aimed at the easily-led, but when even Dover doesn't buy the Stop the Boats nonsense, the game is up.

We need policies and action right now, not shallow slogans and pathetic distractions.

Too many dead cats, not enough quality at the top - we've just endured the least-talented and most corrupt couple of cabinets in living memory.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Some glorious results when you dive a bit deeper into them.

Very true.

My constituency has always been rock solid Tory. Part of the blue wall with some prominent Tory ex MPs. The district council has the same boundaries as the parliamentary constituency.

There are 36 District Councillors. After yesterday only 1 of these is a Conservative.  God help the Tories if this voting pattern is typical of the blue wall.

• Like 3

Tories are reaping the 'disasters' of the Johnson/Truss eras just as they benefitted from red wall voters turning against Corbyn.

In my view Labour are pretty well odds on the be the leading party at the next election but may not have enough votes for an overall majority.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Rupert hits nail firmly on head.

C8F6B5F7-9AA0-4198-97CE-53FBB8B464FA.jpeg

All 'woke mob' means is people who don't agree with him and most likely you, nothing else. Its as meaningless as the other side of the argument talking of the 'Tufton St Cabal'. Create an enemy to validate positions and keep the electorate worried, that's politics these days.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

All 'woke mob' means is people who don't agree with him and most likely you, nothing else. Its as meaningless as the other side of the argument talking of the 'Tufton St Cabal'. Create an enemy to validate positions and keep the electorate worried, that's politics these days.

The biggest danger for the Tories now is that they follow the anti woke, tax cutting agenda  of the likes of Rupert Lowe, JRM, John Redwood  etc. The majority of people didn't vote for Progressive parties  (Labour, Lib Dem, Green ) because the Tories were not sufficiently right wing. Most people are more concerned about the state of public services and their inability to find an NHS dentist than about an alternative name for the Brecon Beacons. 

• Like 4

Just seeing the Culture Secretary interviewed. Marked improvement on that nutter Dorries but again one just seeming to remember her lines. Anyway as our great political sage LD opines all they need to do is focus on crime, immigration and wokeness and they will be sorted. Connect with the public.

20 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

The biggest danger for the Tories now is that they follow the anti woke, tax cutting agenda  of the likes of Rupert Lowe, JRM, John Redwood  etc. The majority of people didn't vote for Progressive parties  (Labour, Lib Dem, Green ) because the Tories were not sufficiently right wing. Most people are more concerned about the state of public services and their inability to find an NHS dentist than about an alternative name for the Brecon Beacons. 

Yep, if they follow the anti-Sunak voices eg Truss at al and the IEA/Taxpayers Alliance/Tufton blob, they will end up sub-150 seats and possibly not much over 100 at the next and future GEs. The ex-Labour Brexit voters won’t want that stuff, they didn’t 40 years ago and it decimated their communities. Rishi is their only route to limiting the damage and getting back in a few years. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Yep, if they follow the anti-Sunak voices eg Truss at al and the IEA/Taxpayers Alliance/Tufton blob, they will end up sub-150 seats and possibly not much over 100 at the next and future GEs. The ex-Labour Brexit voters won’t want that stuff, they didn’t 40 years ago and it decimated their communities. Rishi is their only route to limiting the damage and getting back in a few years. 

For a party so fragmented amazing they have had 13 years of power. Brexit was only due to the nutters in that party, no groundswell of public opinion until started being fed constant bullshit they believed. Fact that they can’t seem to agree how to stop haemorrhaging votes is amusing.

• Like 3