Israel

egg

15 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I’m surprised that people are discussing  Eurovision lyrics and nobody has mentioned this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68945445

Knowing how passionately some of you feel about the rights of Arab villagers, having their settlements forcefully cleared, I’m surprised there’s not more outrage at this use of ‘lethal force’.

Why don't you start a thread on Saudi Arabia, then maybe people will express an opinion on it?

I'm surprised you didn't think of that.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Why don't you start a thread on Saudi Arabia, then maybe people will express an opinion on it?

I'm surprised you didn't think of that.

Because I can't say it particularly bothers me. I'm just surprised that people who are so concerned about the rights of Arab settlers apparently have no interest in this story.

Posted (edited)

for anyone who is interested here are the original lyrics, make up your own mind if it even remotely claims that an Isreali child life is more important that a Gaza kid as SOG is trying to make out. 

Writers of the history
Stand with me
Look into my eyes and see
People go away but never say goodbye

Someone stole the moon tonight
Took my light
Everything is black and white
Who’s the fool who told you
Boys don’t cry

Hours and hours and flowers
Life is no game for the cowards
Why does time go wild
Every day I’m loosing my mind
Holding on in this mysterious ride

Dancing in the storm
We got nothing to hide
Take me home
And leave the world behind
And I promise you that never again
I’m still wet from this october rain
October Rain

Living in a fantasy
Ecstasy
Everything’s meant to be
We shall pass but love will never die

Why does time go wild

Dancing in the storm
We got nothing to hide
Take me home
October Rain
October Rain

לא נשאר אוויר לנשום
אין מקום
אין אותי מיום ליום
כולם ילדים טובים אחד אחד

(There’s no air left to breathe
There’s no space
I’m gone day by day
Everyone is good kids one by one)

Edited by Turkish

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

And if Palestine was represented and their entry (or any other song) contained the lyrics “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” that wouldn’t be an issue either?

I know Australia somehow got into the Eurovision Song Contest, but I’d draw the line at non countries 

Their version of the three degrees are good though, maybe they could enter next year. 

IMG_7922.webp

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

And if Palestine was represented and their entry (or any other song) contained the lyrics “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” that wouldn’t be an issue either?

that would be an issue yes, in the same way that the UK song was a pop version of No Surrender to the IRA,  but you're probably too thick to understand why. 

Edited by Turkish

49 minutes ago, Turkish said:

for anyone who is interested here are the original lyrics, make up your own mind if it even remotely claims that an Isreali child life is more important that a Gaza kid as SOG is trying to make out. 

Writers of the history
Stand with me
Look into my eyes and see
People go away but never say goodbye

Someone stole the moon tonight
Took my light
Everything is black and white
Who’s the fool who told you
Boys don’t cry

Why does time go wild

Dancing in the storm
We got nothing to hide
Take me home
October Rain

Living in a fantasy
Ecstasy
Everything’s meant to be
We shall pass but love will never die

Why does time go wild

Dancing in the storm
We got nothing to hide
Take me home
October Rain
October Rain

לא נשאר אוויר לנשום
אין מקום
אין אותי מיום ליום
כולם ילדים טובים אחד אחד

(There’s no air left to breathe
There’s no space
I’m gone day by day
Everyone is good kids one by one)

It's Got ThE wORd OcTOBeR iN iT!!!!!111111

45 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Lol. Hilarious that you think that's the same thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Because I can't say it particularly bothers me. I'm just surprised that people who are so concerned about the rights of Arab settlers apparently have no interest in this story.

Ffs, don't be daft. It's a thread about a specific country, and a specific situation. What's happening in Saudi is irrelevant. Top trolling though. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Turkish said:

gone full on Cyndi Lauper pal

There I was desperately trying not to use the words true colours Del, and you tease it out of me:

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

And the lyrics are generally nonsense.

Yep. I was more taken with her name, given that Golan is land occupied by Israel.

I wonder where her votes will come from. Germany will be kind, we'll throw her a few, if Cyprus are there they'll lob a few (12 for Greece though). Be interesting to see what other countries do. 

Because I can't say it particularly bothers me. 

I've noticed that Arabs getting shot doesn't particularly bother you, seems to be a common trait on this thread

It bothers me, I think the Saudi regime's record on human rights is a disgrace, I would happily see sanctions against them or at least we should stop supplying arms. To them and Israel. I don't have time for a lot of these Islamic countries, doesn't change how I feel about what is happening in Palestine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aintforever said:

I've noticed that Arabs getting shot doesn't particularly bother you, seems to be a common trait on this thread

It bothers me, I think the Saudi regime's record on human rights is a disgrace, I would happily see sanctions against them or at least we should stop supplying arms. To them and Israel. I don't have time for a lot of these Islamic countries, doesn't change how I feel about what is happening in Palestine.

If I'm completely honest, the majority of conflicts around the world don't particularly upset me. Conflict has been the norm throughout history, it's not going to end any time soon, whether it involves Muslims, Jews, Christians or otherwise. The exception right now is the war in Ukraine, which is a completely one sided war of aggression against a peaceful, European democracy.

I just find it slightly disingenuous when people can't contain their horror at events perpetrated by certain groups, but when the exact same thing is instigated by someone else they're largely blase about it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

If I'm completely honest, the majority of conflicts around the world don't particularly upset me. Conflict has been the norm throughout history, it's not going to end any time soon, whether it involves Muslims, Jews, Christians or otherwise. The exception right now is the war in Ukraine, which is a completely one sided war of aggression against a peaceful, European democracy.

I just find it slightly disingenuous when people can't contain their horror at events perpetrated by certain groups, but when the exact same thing is instigated by someone else they're largely blase about it.

It's not the case for everyone by any means but there's a sizable group of people who subscribe to the power dynamics of oppressor and opressed and view the Israelis as powerful and therefore oppressors and evil regardless of any situation. I found the ideas espoused by David baddiel in Jews don't count interesting in that regard. It's a similar group who believe that black people can't be racist because they lack power. These same people would argue that Israelis can't really be victims of antisemitism because they have the power and the horrors of October are in some way lessened due to the disparity in the power dynamics. 

Edited by hypochondriac

22 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

This is kind of it really. The faux outrage from the same old people becomes tiresome. Constantly being upset about things you can do nothing about and have zero impact on is utterly futile. Perhaps why some people are so frigging miserable all the time.

I've been accused of having an im alright Jack attitude by some but really that's all you can do, make sure you're bit of the world is okay and not let external factors you have zero control over worry you. We'd all love everyone to be friends and live in peace, it always be twenty five degrees and sunny, everyone to live in relative wealth and comfort but the world has never been like it and never will no matter how much you show how much you care about it all on a football forum. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

See aintforever post above (and his ‘likes’) for the staggeringly laughable self-righteousness. Half these cunts getting excitable at Eurovision are probably the same. Bet they do fuck all actual good in life to help other but just think their activism( which costs them fck all) marks them as good.

24 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It's not the case for everyone by any means but there's a sizable group of people who subscribe to the power dynamics of oppressor and opressed and view the Israelis as powerful and therefore oppressors and evil regardless of any situation. I found the ideas espoused by David baddiel in Jews don't count interesting in that regard. It's a similar group who believe that black people can't be racist because they lack power. These same people would argue that Israelis can't really be victims of antisemitism because they have the power and the horrors of October are in some way lessened due to the disparity in the power dynamics. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, whelk said:

See aintforever post above (and his ‘likes’) for the staggeringly laughable self-righteousness. Half these cunts getting excitable at Eurovision are probably the same. Bet they do fuck all actual good in life to help other but just think their activism( which costs them fck all) marks them as good.

Sadly that's a hallmark of the modern world and the coseted life that so many young middle class people have experienced. Modern society encourages performative virtue signalling and feeling good over doing anything of any real consequence. You'll get people blocking London every weekend for months and when you see interviews of a load of them they don't even know what they are there for. 

There's clearly loads of great young people but I do wish the media would just ignore the completely cuntish ones so that they don't appear to be representative of their age group. 

As regards to some of the people o who are here, like I said the other day I just think some of them are wrong for having the opinions they do whilst they think I am evil for disagreeing with them which tells you all you need to know about them. 

Edited by hypochondriac

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, whelk said:

Aintforvers self righteousness is particularly laughable given when he had the chance to actually do something about racism away from a football forum he shat himself and put his career first.

bit like how Sog claimed he can’t be racist as he’s got a Muslim barber and a mixed race bar maid. Kind of sums it up really. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

Clearly missed my posts on the Ukraine thread then. :lol:

I find the lack of concern of human rights from many Islamic states just as repugnant as Israel but this thread is about Israel so that’s what I have commented on, not sure why that is surprising. I’m sure I mentioned my feelings on Islamic governments when Qatar was being discussed during the World Cup.

To be honest I am not a fan of any religion, in my opinion anyone who makes life choices based on a centuries old book is an idiot so the idea that I have something specifically against Jews is just laughable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Aintforvers self righteousness is particularly laughable given when he had the chance to actually do something about racism away from a football forum he shat himself and put his career first.

bit like how Sog claimed he can’t be racist as he’s got a Muslim barber and a mixed race bar maid. Kind of sums it up really. 

Stop it Baby Reindeer, you are getting all weird again.

6 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Clearly missed my posts on the Ukraine thread then. :lol:

I find the lack of concern of human rights from many Islamic states just as repugnant as Israel but this thread is about Israel so that’s what I have commented on, not sure why that is surprising. I’m sure I mentioned my feelings on Islamic governments when Qatar was being discussed during the World Cup.

To be honest I am not a fan of any religion, in my opinion anyone who makes life choices based on a centuries old book is an idiot so the idea that I have something specifically against Jews is just laughable.

and I had you down as someone who stops eating during Ramadan in 'solidarity'....

34 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Stop it Baby Reindeer, you are getting all weird again.

what's weird is why you persist with this self righteous claptrap on here when everyone knows that when you had the chance practice what you preach you quickly sold out when it meant doing the right thing might be a bit uncomfortable for you for a short period. Laughable. Very definition of a keyboard warrior. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, aintforever said:

I find the lack of concern of human rights from many Islamic states just as repugnant as Israel

What an ignorant statement. There is no comparison between human rights in Isreal and the rest of the Middle East. Isreal is a democracy, homosexuality is legal (they even recognise same sex partnerships) ,Tel Aviv is a modern cosmopolitan city, Palestinian’s in Isreal have the right to vote, and non Jewish people aren’t pressured or forced to comply. The Sabbath is taken seriously and Jews aren’t allowed to make money during it. However, everyone else can get on with their lives. I sat outside a bar in Netanya, which is quite a conservative city, sinking a few on the Sabbath & nobody from the nearby Synagogue gave a shiny shite. Good luck with trying to go on a sesh in an Islamic state on any day, let alone a holy one. Hell, they even didn’t mind Mrs Duck wearing a bikini (although perhaps that’s actually not a positive nowadays). Isreal is a shining light in the Middle East, if more citizens of the Middle East had the human rights Israeli people had, it would be a far happier and peaceful region of the world.

China has killed more Muslims, displace more Muslims than Isreal, has a far worse human rights record than Isreal, but I don’t see any crusties marching through London protesting against them. I wonder why? 

11 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What an ignorant statement. There is no comparison between human rights in Isreal and the rest of the Middle East. Isreal is a democracy, homosexuality is legal (they even recognise same sex partnerships) ,Tel Aviv is a modern cosmopolitan city, Palestinian’s in Isreal have the right to vote, and non Jewish people aren’t pressured or forced to comply. The Sabbath is taken seriously and Jews aren’t allowed to make money during it. However, everyone else can get on with their lives. I sat outside a bar in Netanya, which is quite a conservative city, sinking a few on the Sabbath & nobody from the nearby Synagogue gave a shiny shite. Good luck with trying to go on a sesh in an Islamic state on any day, let alone a holy one. Hell, they even didn’t mind Mrs Duck wearing a bikini (although perhaps that’s actually not a positive nowadays). Isreal is a shining light in the Middle East, if more citizens of the Middle East had the human rights Israeli people had, it would be a far happier and peaceful region of the world.

China has killed more Muslims, displace more Muslims than Isreal, has a far worse human rights record than Isreal, but I don’t see any crusties marching through London protesting against them. I wonder why? 

The difference between this and other conflicts is that pretty much all of Gaza has been decimated. Show me another conflict where almost an entire "country" has been flattened in such a one sided way. What's happening in china is a shit comparison, and just made to justify your position. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I am well aware of the differences between Israel and Islamic states, my issue with Israel is purely their treatment of Palestine. Very different but still fucking over people’s human rights.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

what's weird is why you persist with this self righteous claptrap on here when everyone knows that when you had the chance practice what you preach you quickly sold out when it meant doing the right thing might be a bit uncomfortable for you for a short period. Laughable. Very definition of a keyboard warrior. 

Not at all, the incident at work happened decades ago, long before I ever posted anything on an internet message board. I was at an age where I didn’t really give a shit about those sort of issues - feel free to keep obsessing over me tho x s

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Not at all, the incident at work happened decades ago, long before I ever posted anything on an internet message board. I was at an age where I didn’t really give a shit about those sort of issues - feel free to keep obsessing over me tho x s

Wow, You didn’t give a shit about racism until You started posting on internet message boards? So I was right about you. It is all virtual signaling, quite an admission there 

Edited by Turkish

36 minutes ago, aintforever said:

That’s quite frankly an awful admission. You didn’t care about racism when you were either in your late teens or even worse in your twenties? Genuinely amazed anyone would own up to that, what a horrible outlook you must have had.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

That’s quite frankly an awful admission. You didn’t care about racism when you were either in your late teens or even worse in your twenties? Genuinely amazed anyone would own up to that, what a horrible outlook you must have had.

To be blunt im not. It’s pretty obvious that some on here jump on any bandwagon that’s rolling if it’s makes them feel like good people. No actual conviction in what they’re saying they just want to appear like nice people because it’s what they think they should do. Aintforever has clearly always been on of those people 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Not that I wasn’t against racism, I have always found it abhorrent. I was just wasn’t as interested in making an issue out of it or discussing it. We are all more woke now than back in the 90s - well some of us have progressed at least.

Edited by aintforever

That statement is genuinely worse than the first one.

yeah racism is bad but ffs let’s not talk about it or make an issue of it.

What an absolutely awful point of view. At least the true colours are coming through now. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

That statement is genuinely worse than the first one.

yeah racism is bad but ffs let’s not talk about it or make an issue of it.

What an absolutely awful point of view. At least the true colours are coming through now. 

I think I talk about it more than enough, thanks. At least I’m not one of these bellends that tries to act all hard in case they are considered woke - like it’s some sort of negative.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, aintforever said:

Not that I wasn’t against racism, I have always found it abhorrent. I was just wasn’t as interested in making an issue out of it or discussing it. We are all more woke now than back in the 90s - well some of us have progressed at least.

Congratulations on your progression from not caring about racism to saying how bad it is on an anonymous football forum, marginal gains and all that 👏👏👏👏👏

8 hours ago, aintforever said:

I guess that explains why you over compensate now, telling everyone how you care so much about everyone and every injustice.

Good for you, hopefully you've found inner peace and happiness.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Turkish said:

gone full on Cyndi Lauper pal

So I post about double standards and you respond with some nonsense gibberish about Cyndi Lauper? You are so eager to try and have a dig that you fail to engage your brain, as usual.

The principle stands. One side makes a political statement and that is perfectly ok by some, the other makes a political statement and it gets ripped apart.

The first song submitted by Israel was clearly a reference to the attack by Hamas on 7th October. My point is that if Palestine had submitted a song about being subjugated by Israel the usual suspects would be all over it like a rash. One rule for one, a different rule for the others. As usual you have taken something, changed its intent and fired it back as some kind of point scoring missile. As ever, pal, it’s a dud and if anyone is showing their true colours it is you and your small band of apologists. 14,000 children killed so far? No worries, let’s just post another laughing emoji and justify it by saying they brought it on themselves (as if they had a choice).

And before you start again, from the start I have said why Hamas did on 7th October was abhorrent. Multiple that by 7 months and that is where we are now. How would you feel if Hamas had Tel Aviv surrounded and was systematically levelling it and starving its population? Most reasonable people would find that equally as abhorrent so instead of playing stupid childish internet games, give a thought to the people who are suffering and will lose their lives in the next stage of the destruction of Gaza.

https://wiwibloggs.com/2024/02/22/read-the-october-rain-lyrics-that-may-get-israels-song-banned-from-eurovision/280185/

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

How would you feel if Hamas had Tel Aviv surrounded and was systematically levelling it and starving its population?

It would if it could.

Anyway, is Egypt part of this siege, because last time I looked there was a border with them. So to answer your question (not that you’ll see it as like Turkish I’m on ignore 😂). If Tel Aviv was being flattened,  id expect their neighbours to allow them in to protect life. Put it another way, if the Taffs were under attack id expect the English to let those that wanted to leave through the border to safety. 

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

The principle stands. One side makes a political statement and that is perfectly ok by some, the other makes a political statement and it gets ripped apart.

Generally it seems to be ok to be okay (or ambivalent) with Israel's behaviour, but unacceptable/anti semitic to voice objection. Palestinian support In the wider world has historically been shouted down, but fortunately that's changing. 

23 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

.......if the Taffs were under attack id expect the English to let those that wanted to leave through the border to safety. 

Not sure it would happen the other way round.

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

So I post about double standards and you respond with some nonsense gibberish about Cyndi Lauper? You are so eager to try and have a dig that you fail to engage your brain, as usual.

The first song submitted by Israel was clearly a reference to the attack by Hamas on 7th October. My point is that if Palestine had submitted a song about being subjugated by Israel the usual suspects would be all over it like a rash. One rule for one, a different rule for the others. As usual you have taken something, changed its intent and fired it back as some kind of point scoring missile. As ever, pal, it’s a dud and if anyone is showing their true colours it is you and your small band of apologists. 14,000 children killed so far? No worries, let’s just post another laughing emoji and justify it by saying they brought it on themselves (as if they had a choice).

And before you start again, from the start I have said why Hamas did on 7th October was abhorrent. Multiple that by 7 months and that is where we are now. How would you feel if Hamas had Tel Aviv surrounded and was systematically levelling it and starving its population? Most reasonable people would find that equally as abhorrent so instead of playing stupid childish internet games, give a thought to the people who are suffering and will lose their lives in the next stage of the destruction of Gaza.

https://wiwibloggs.com/2024/02/22/read-the-october-rain-lyrics-that-may-get-israels-song-banned-from-eurovision/280185/

If Tel aviv were doing that I'd probably be having a go at the Hamas equivalents in your hypothetical scenario using the civilians as human shields and hiding amongst the population. 

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Staggering arrogance. My post wasn’t even aimed at you. However good to see you’ve forgotten I’m on ignore again 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If Tel aviv were doing that I'd probably be having a go at the Hamas equivalents in your hypothetical scenario using the civilians as human shields and hiding amongst the population. 

No soldiers stand around in the open waiting to be shot at. None. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, egg said:

No soldiers stand around in the open waiting to be shot at. None. 

Perfectly reasonable for terrorists to use the civilian population as human shields then. Nothing wrong with it in fact. No "soldiers" are going to invade somewhere and not take something for leverage. Perfectly fine to take hostages and not return them. 

Edited by hypochondriac

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Perfectly reasonable for terrorists to use the civilian population as human shields then. Nothing wrong with it in fact. No "soldiers" are going to invade somewhere and not take something for leverage. Perfectly fine to take hostages and not return them. 

Where do you expect the Gaza army to hide in Gaza?! Another issue is Israel killing 30 people in a home where someone suspected of having Hamas links might be. Perfectly fine for Israel to arrest thousands of Palestinians and hold them without charge or investigation. We could go round in circles Hypo, but you've got tunnel vision mate. 

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

Congratulations on your progression from not caring about racism to saying how bad it is on an anonymous football forum, marginal gains and all that 👏👏👏👏👏

Stop posting about me you weirdo. Seriously, it’s all a bit creepy now.

image.thumb.png.01d4ac1954268b8619922238092866ef.png

48 minutes ago, egg said:

Where do you expect the Gaza army to hide in Gaza?! Another issue is Israel killing 30 people in a home where someone suspected of having Hamas links might be. Perfectly fine for Israel to arrest thousands of Palestinians and hold them without charge or investigation. We could go round in circles Hypo, but you've got tunnel vision mate. 

I assume when you refer to soldiers and the Gaza army you mean the terrorist criminals Hamas? Wouldn't want to falsely accuse of trying to downplay their crimes and provide them with an air of legitimacy that they don't merit. 

I don't expect them to rape and kill and then hide among the civilian population (a tactic they have explicitly said they will use and that civilians should be happy to die in service of their agenda). It's been mentioned before but ideally they wouldn't have committed any of these despicable acts in the first place but once they had, hiding amongst civilians and effectively encouraging civilian casualties should have been the last thing they would do if they gave even the smallest consideration to the people of Gaza.