Israel

egg

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

His stance that the BLM riots were "largely peaceful" was quite amusing

That was a classic he literally denied there was any violence whatsoever (as it hadn’t been reported in the guardian- lol) until people posted videos of it. Then he claimed it was largely peaceful as out of thousands of people there only a few hundred were arrested and it was all worthwhile case anyway

by the same measurement the lately peaceful war in gaza must be for a good cause as they’re they’re trying to eliminate terrorists, correct?I mean out of all the millions of people living there only a few thousand have died. 

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

lets all remind ourselves that this is the same guy who before all this kicked off in Gaza spent an entire day trying to prove what Jews were, a race, religion in his words “just what exactly” he has a long history on anti Jewish posts and they seem to be continuing on this thread. If he’s not anti semitic he does a very good impression of someone who is. 

Bizarre road to go down. Today started with a perfectly reasonable thread from SoG with no criticism of anyone on this thread. LD and Hypo then piped up like daft kids, a Mod then had a pop, then you, etc. The bloke has his moments, but feck me, the nonsense ain't from him today. 

Just now, egg said:

Bizarre road to go down. Today started with a perfectly reasonable thread from SoG with no criticism of anyone on this thread. LD and Hypo then piped up like daft kids, a Mod then had a pop, then you, etc. The bloke has his moments, but feck me, the nonsense ain't from him today. 

It isn’t really when you look at the history of his posting. 

10 minutes ago, egg said:

Here's a thought, maybe start a SoG thread? 

IIRC there was one while back but it got locked when he started calling everyone on there racist, narcissistic, Tommy Robinson supporters 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

It wasn't 'perfectly reasonable'.  It was another of SoG's one sided, bias posts.

If he was being reasonable then he would have noted the reason why Israel is looking to take action in Rafah, but he's ignored that.

• Like 1

If you consider my post to be a ‘rant’ and ‘having a pop’ then I can’t really say anything to that. I was offering an insight as to why SOG regularly gets laughed at on this thread and addressing his (IMO deliberate) misconception that people are laughing directly at dead children and not his posts. If anyone finds that abrasive I’m not sure what else to say.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It wasn't 'perfectly reasonable'.  It was another of SoG's one sided, bias posts.

If he was being reasonable then he would have noted the reason why Israel is looking to take action in Rafah, but he's ignored that.

The IDF, and Netanyahu, have been planning an assault on Rafah for weeks. Whatever they do will not be in retaliation for the rocket attack.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-intensifies-strikes-gazas-rafah-ahead-threatened-invasion-2024-04-25/

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Why don't you, you are talking about him more than anyone it seems

Bless. I was talking about the thread and his post. You were just joining in the little SoG slog. Bless. 

• Like 1

Just now, egg said:

Bless. I was talking about the thread and his post. You were just joining in the little SoG slog. Bless. 

Not really just posted one comment about him. you crack on though and keep this conversation alive

11 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Bizarre.

How many threads do you post on and debate for both sides of a discussion?! Nobody does. Don't be daft. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Who are they fighting back against?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68960585

Attacking the soldiers manning the crossing being used to deliver aid into Gaza isn't 'fighting back'.  It makes no sense to attack an aid corridor!

Fight back against the soldiers in Gaza, on the ground, in tanks, fine, that seems logical.

Hamas killed Israeli soldiers, in an apparent war between Hamas and Israel. They'll pick the easy targets. Anyway, you've not criticised Israel today, isn't that hypocritical on your assessment? 

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Hamas killed Israeli soldiers, in an apparent war between Hamas and Israel. They'll pick the easy targets. Anyway, you've not criticised Israel today, isn't that hypocritical on your assessment? 

They've killed 12 people. They're mental. The whole region is mental, I thought I'd made my thoughts on that clear.

Religious intolerance rarely ends peacefully.

Posted (edited)

The very first page of this thread, way before 7/10 Soggy posted an anti semitic comment, and the bloke now calling everyone else out “won’t  get into it”, called it “clumsy”, and appears to be taking the moral high ground. You asked for examples of hypocrisy on this thread, there’s one right there Egg….

I find it laughable that the bloke is continually spamming the thread with anti Israeli articles over and over, it’s nothing to do with thinking kids dying is funny. If anyone really believed that the mods would have banned us weeks ago. Perhaps it’s a “clumsy” use of emoji’s. 

Soggy is called an anti semite, and examples are posted, others are called Islamaphobic, far right, etc yet I’m yet to see any evidence whatsoever.  

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The very first page of this thread, way before 7/10 Soggy posted an anti semitic comment, and the bloke now calling everyone else out “won’t  get into it”, called it “clumsy”, and appears to be taking the moral high ground. You asked for examples of hypocrisy on this thread, there’s one right there Egg….

I find it laughable that the bloke is continually spamming the thread with anti Israeli articles over and over, it’s nothing to do with thinking kids dying is funny. If anyone really believed that the mods would have banned us weeks ago. Perhaps it’s a “clumsy” use of emoji’s. 

Soggy is called an anti semite, and examples are posted, others are called Islamaphobic, far right, etc yet I’m yet to see any evidence whatsoever.  

You're not able to claim any moral high ground Duck. You're not islamaphobic. SoG isn't anti semitic. You have different views. 

There is nothing wrong in posting anti Israeli stuff in a thread about Israel and it's behaviour. It's on topic and relevant. The fact that it appears to conflict with your opinion doesn't make it wrong. What's wrong is your perception.

Your use of laughing emojis about something that's not funny isn't clumsy. You don't deserve to be let off that lightly. It's deliberate and daft,  you know that. 

Edited by egg
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

In other conflicts, Hamas has agreed to a ceasefire.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-68963839

Details sketchy, so far too early to see what one side has agreed to and if it's acceptable to the government of Israel.

Israel gov have already come out and said it’s softened down and not acceptable to them.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Israel gov have already come out and said it’s softened down and not acceptable to them.

An outline of the 3 phases here. I'd be surprised if Israel agree to that. Phase 1 at a push, but that'll depend on the hostage release, and the Hamas expectations re prisoner release. 

https://aje.io/qzz5uf?update=2883303

Edited by egg

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, egg said:

There's no hypocrisy in focusing on the actions of Israel on a thread about Israel. He's also been critical of Hamas. 

The thread that SoG posted today that got daft laughing emojis from Jupiter and LD (who, let's be frank, have shown true colours on this thread) was not a "preach" thread. It highlighted the fact that Israel actually want to attack Rafah. It's more than a bit daft to regard SoG's highlighting that as "hypocrisy".

The laughing emojis from Hypo and LD, and lighthouse's little rant, say more about them than SoG's little post does about him. 

The cool kids ain't cool on this one. 

"shown true colours". You're a proper bellend mate. You've flung invective my way at every opportunity on this thread yet have the gall to call other people childish and suggesting they post in a more grown up manner on a poxy Web forum? You've got some brass neck I'll give you that. Are you really incapable of differentiating between the content of a post and the attitude of the person posting it? The difference is that I and other people disagree with you, you and soggy think the people that disagree with you are evil. I happen to find the supercilious, morally superior posting style of soggy and the way that he very obviously hunts the Internet and concentrates solely on one side of the conflict and then purports to be talking about both sides to be very amusing and worthy of mockery and I'll respond how I choose thanks. If it suits you to believe that I'm doing it because I find dead children funny then I'm afraid that says rather more about you and the caricature you've built up in your head of those on this thread who disagree with you. 

Edited by hypochondriac

5 hours ago, whelk said:

Just don’t get that people can have a differing view and then make out that are hate filled Islamophobes. So much of the insults are based on implied thoughts. SOG won’t find one post on this thread praising Netanyahu yet he is convinced he is posting against this on some righteous crusade. Twat has form and if you can’t see his MO then I am surprised. And yes I do believe he is anti semitic 

Exactly. Sick to death of people on here putting words in my mouth for things I haven't said. It's pathetic. 

31 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

"shown true colours". You're a proper bellend mate. You've flung invective my way at every opportunity on this thread yet have the gall to call other people childish and suggesting they post in a more grown up manner on a poxy Web forum? You've got some brass neck I'll give you that. Are you really incapable of differentiating between the content of a post and the attitude of the person posting it? The difference is that I and other people disagree with you, you and soggy think the people that disagree with you are evil. I happen to find the supercilious, morally superior posting style of soggy and the way that he very obviously hunts the Internet and concentrates solely on one side of the conflict and then purports to be talking about both sides to be very amusing and worthy of mockery and I'll respond how I choose thanks. If it suits you to believe that I'm doing it because I find dead children funny then I'm afraid that says rather more about you and the caricature you've built up in your head of those on this thread who disagree with you. 

Nerve touched clearly in a post littered with irony, and your true colours highlighted. 

So you can respond however you like, but I can't. Fuck off.  

"Are you really incapable of differentiating between the content of a post and the attitude of the person posting it?". Unless you're trolling or playing to the audience, the posts reflect on the poster. You've formed a view of SoG, and me, and guess what poppet, I've formed one of you. It's cuts all ways Hypo, not just the way you want it to. 

• Like 2

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.” - Bertrand Russell

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” -Charles Darwin

fundamental-attribution-error-cartoon.jpg

20140916-research.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, egg said:

Nerve touched clearly in a post littered with irony, and your true colours highlighted. 

So you can respond however you like, but I can't. Fuck off.  

"Are you really incapable of differentiating between the content of a post and the attitude of the person posting it?". Unless you're trolling or playing to the audience, the posts reflect on the poster. You've formed a view of SoG, and me, and guess what poppet, I've formed one of you. It's cuts all ways Hypo, not just the way you want it to. 

Where did I say you can't respond how you like? You just made that up. You can respond however you want but you don't see me whining on about other people being childish or asking for grown up discussion when you've thrown insults around continuously. You're right though you do get on my nerves because you keep referring to me when I wasn't even in the discussion. Like I said, I just think you're wrong and you think that people who disagree with you are evil or cunts. You can't have any sort of reasonable discussion with someone who is like that. 

You're clearly just very angry about this particular topic and you can't accept that not everyone agrees with you and you're taking it out on me because I've been one of the most vocal about disagreeing with you. You'll probably just call me an idiot, a moron or a cunt again now  but I think that just underlines your hypocrisy. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I just think you're wrong and you think that people who disagree with you are evil or cunts. You can't have any sort of reasonable discussion with someone who is like that. 

A astute summation of why there is unlikely to be peace any time soon in the Middle East.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

If you consider my post to be a ‘rant’ and ‘having a pop’ then I can’t really say anything to that. I was offering an insight as to why SOG regularly gets laughed at on this thread and addressing his (IMO deliberate) misconception that people are laughing directly at dead children and not his posts. If anyone finds that abrasive I’m not sure what else to say.

You think it is ok to put laughing emojis under posts discussing the killing of innocent people? Yes, these morons are laughing because I posted the comments but can you imagine the outcry if I put laughing emojis under any posts concerning the Holocaust? Anyone with a shred of decency would not do that. One of the posters has been making his feelings about Muslims clear for years including his infamous post “thank God my wife isn’t a Muslim” followed up with the assertion that every Muslim in the UK is responsible for the actions of the terrorists because they don’t go to the police with information. Now that is worth a laughing emoji!

If someone is talking about the death of thousands of innocent people on a stage, would you laugh? The laughing emojis show how little respect they have for the people dying. It’s that simple.

*For the avoidance of doubt, I married my wife for who she is, religion would not have come into it.

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

You think it is ok to put laughing emojis under posts discussing the killing of innocent people? Yes, these morons are laughing because I posted the comments but can you imagine the outcry if I put laughing emojis under any posts concerning the Holocaust? Anyone with a shred of decency would not do that. One of the posters has been making his feelings about Muslims clear for years including his infamous post “thank God my wife isn’t a Muslim” followed up with the assertion that every Muslim in the UK is responsible for the actions of the terrorists because they don’t go to the police with information. Now that is worth a laughing emoji!

If someone is talking about the death of thousands of innocent people on a stage, would you laugh? The laughing emojis show how little respect they have for the people dying. It’s that simple.

*For the avoidance of doubt, I married my wife for who she is, religion would not have come into it.

This is about the thickest response there could possibly have been to Lighthouse's post. Just when you think he couldn't look dumber, he says something to surpass himself. I shouldn't underestimate you soggy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

For the avoidance of doubt, I married my wife for who she is, religion would not have come into it.

What a fucking hero

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Well yes apart from the fact that quite a few of them are evil cunts. 

"Extremists on both sides" as one of the daughters of the Israeli hostages put it in a recent BBC article.

There's currently an urgent question on Gaza in the commons. You can visibily see Andrew Mitchell squirming at times, they know full well what's going on.

• Like 1

This Israeli lot are so unreasonable wanting their hostages back. I'm glad that Hamas are so reasonable and so keen to end this that they aren't using the hostages they took as political bargaining chips. Oh wait... 

Screenshot_20240507_172020_Chrome.jpg

19 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

This Israeli lot are so unreasonable wanting their hostages back. I'm glad that Hamas are so reasonable and so keen to end this that they aren't using the hostages they took as political bargaining chips. Oh wait... 

Screenshot_20240507_172020_Chrome.jpg

Meanwhile, in other news, Israel say that they'll deepen the war, whilst killing whoever gets in their way, until they get their way.

https://aje.io/5cerl2?update=2885592

In more other news, a former Israeli diplomat has stated what's always been obvious, namely that Israel won't end the war.

https://aje.io/5cerl2?update=2885585

In more other news, Hamas understandably want the release of the thousands of people held by Israel without charge.

There's more to this than the hostages. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Meanwhile, in other news, Israel say that they'll deepen the war, whilst killing whoever gets in their way, until they get their way.

https://aje.io/5cerl2?update=2885592

In more other news, a former Israeli diplomat has stated what's always been obvious, namely that Israel won't end the war.

https://aje.io/5cerl2?update=2885585

In more other news, Hamas understandably want the release of the thousands of people held by Israel without charge.

There's more to this than the hostages. 

"last chance" to free Israeli hostages. What do you think will happen if that last chance expires? It's been simple really. Free the hostages, Hamas surrenders and let's see how long the war continues for. You can guarantee in that scenario that Israel won't be enjoying the support of anyone in the international community if it continues after that. They could have done this at any point since October but they won't will they. Wonder why? 

14 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

"last chance" to free Israeli hostages. What do you think will happen if that last chance expires? It's been simple really. Free the hostages, Hamas surrenders and let's see how long the war continues for. You can guarantee in that scenario that Israel won't be enjoying the support of anyone in the international community if it continues after that. They could have done this at any point since October but they won't will they. Wonder why? 

Yeah, it's that simple 🤦

Hostages, Palestinian state/freedoms, Israeli security, release of Palestinian "prisoners", etc need to be addressed. Not just hostaged.

Come on Hypo, you need to look at all sides. Practice what you preach. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, egg said:

Yeah, it's that simple 🤦

Hostages, Palestinian state/freedoms, Israeli security, release of Palestinian "prisoners", etc need to be addressed. Not just hostaged.

Come on Hypo, you need to look at all sides. Practice what you preach. 

And yet I wonder if we would be in the position we are now if what I outlined had happened before the end of last year? I am certain that wouldn't be the case. Release the hostages and surrender. You claim it's not that simple and yet it still hasn't happened over half a year later. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It’s an emotive topic but there’s no need for personal digs about people’s private life.

Didn't he bring up his wife? If what I said was true then it doesn't seem like his previous marriage is anything to particularly crow about given how it ended. 

Edited by hypochondriac

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Didn't he bring up his wife? If what I said was true then it doesn't seem like his previous marriage is anything to particularly crow about given how it ended. 

True colours. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It’s an emotive topic but there’s no need for personal digs about people’s private life.

Have I missed something?

2 hours ago, whelk said:

What is Biden on about? He is surely just confusing it with people who don’t like bombing and doesn’t he realise this was eradicated in 1945?

Joe Biden warns of 'ferocious surge' of antisemitism in US https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68968777

He is not mentally capable to comment such is his condition, but yet people still think he is fit to run the country.

24 hour time out on this one, minus a solid page of posts there was absolutely no need for. Unless your name’s Brian and you’re being crucified, there’s no need to bring anyone’s wife into a thread about Israel. 

Yet again, how tone deaf are these people? Even the current lyrics in the Israeli song could be interpreted as referencing 7th October. We have said it so many times before, but it seems that there are people who believe that the lives of Israeli children are worth more than the lives of Palestinian children.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68462848.amp

48 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Yet again, how tone deaf are these people? Even the current lyrics in the Israeli song could be interpreted as referencing 7th October. We have said it so many times before, but it seems that there are people who believe that the lives of Israeli children are worth more than the lives of Palestinian children.

‘These people’ being the Jews you loathe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

In fairness it's Eurovision so they're all tone deaf. 

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

it's implies nothing of the sort apart from in your warped mind of course.