Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, revolution saint said:

Anyone else think that when you come across someone constantly banging on about the left or the right that they're more obsessed with the tribal elements of politics than actual substance?

Not really. Currently political decisions tend to be very much along the lines of traditional party values - ie left and right, hence why you get the comments. I think most people will support a policy, if they agree with it, regardless of party. For example I think illegal immigration Labour get a hard time in the context that the Tories were probably worse in dealing with it

Edited by Sir Ralph
  • Haha 1
Posted
31 minutes ago, Sir Ralph said:

Not really. Currently political decisions tend to be very much along the lines of traditional party values - ie left and right, hence why you get the comments. I think most people will support a policy regardless of party. For example I think illegal immigration Labour get a hard time in the context that the Tories were probably worse in dealing with it

Well, you say that, but most income tax policies haven't changed for nearly 20 years, benefits haven't really changed significantly either. It's an odd one, but there is not much flexibility between Labour and Conservatives nowadays due to Brexit and a hugely hamstrung economy. The last time anyone tried to do anything big they crashed the economy.

What are the big differences in policy between left and right at the moment?

 

  • Like 1
Posted
46 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Well, you say that, but most income tax policies haven't changed for nearly 20 years, benefits haven't really changed significantly either. It's an odd one, but there is not much flexibility between Labour and Conservatives nowadays due to Brexit and a hugely hamstrung economy. The last time anyone tried to do anything big they crashed the economy.

What are the big differences in policy between left and right at the moment?

 

Yes agree, there isn't a great deal of difference really between Labour and Tories, which is why not much changes regardless of who is in power. And I think that's why more and more people are turning to the more 'extreme' parties on both the left and right.

  • Like 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Yes agree, there isn't a great deal of difference really between Labour and Tories, which is why not much changes regardless of who is in power. And I think that's why more and more people are turning to the more 'extreme' parties on both the left and right.

This

Posted
20 minutes ago, Sir Ralph said:

This

I'm a little confused then.  You think "Currently political decisions tend to be very much along the lines of traditional party values - ie left and right,"
But you also think there's not much difference between labour and tory.

TBH I can't really be arsed, the whole left/right stuff bores the hell out of me and feels largely irrelevant.

Posted
7 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

I'm a little confused then.  You think "Currently political decisions tend to be very much along the lines of traditional party values - ie left and right,"
But you also think there's not much difference between labour and tory.

TBH I can't really be arsed, the whole left/right stuff bores the hell out of me and feels largely irrelevant.


Tories are left of centre.  
 

They pretended to be right of centre. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...