Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Oh come on Nicky boy, Don't go all Girly on us You won as well. Only difference is we are 4 points from the safety line, Your still 10,;)

the future's bright its red n white and blue.

It will be interesting, at the end of the season, to see how close the two clubs are in League status.

It's still feasible, although highly improbable, that we'll be on equal footing.

Todays NOTW

"If Al Fahim was watching from his hospital bed, he might have had a relapse.

There were 3 of his players, tossing away those expensive jerseys.

And to think, it was losing their shirts that got Pompey into this mess in the first place.

Yet Jamie O'Hara, Aaron Mokoena and Younes Kaboul simply flung their tops - used just once - into the crowd. To hell with the cost.

Maybe Al Fahim will deduct it from their wages. Oops sorry, they haven't got any."

:lol:

Double page spread on Pompey.

Al Fahim sells majority of his holding to Ali al-Faraj.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/533969/New-owner-set-to-take-over-Portsmouth-this-week.html

Dispute over Peter Crouch's transfer payment at the Skates.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/tottenham/533533/DISPUTE-OVER-CROUCH-TRANSFER-PAYMENT-Harry-Mandaric-put-my-Crouch-deal-cash-in-Monaco-bank.html

Redknapp to be quizzed by Revenue and customs over his offshore accounts.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/533560/Harry-Redknapp-is-set-to-be-quizzed-again-by-Revenue-and-Customs-this-week.html

Edited by Master Bates

Double page spread on Pompey.

Al Fahim sells majority of his holding to Ali al-Faraj.

Dispute over Peter Crouch's transfer payment at the Skates.

Redknapp to be quizzed by Revenue and customs over his offshore accounts.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/533560/Harry-Redknapp-is-set-to-be-quizzed-again-by-Revenue-and-Customs-this-week.html

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/tottenham/533533/DISPUTE-OVER-CROUCH-TRANSFER-PAYMENT-Harry-Mandaric-put-my-Crouch-deal-cash-in-Monaco-bank.html

Happy days!

The skates are an embarrassment to the Premier League, everything connected to them stinks of corruption and I wouldn't be surprised if the PL are itching to get shot of them.

How can you market the PL as the best league in the World when you have ****ty little clubs like this making you a laughing stock. They could probably put up with their corruption if they had fans and a stadium but they have neither and are a shining example of everything that is wrong with football today.

Nice to see official confirmation that "Arry profited from transfers.

Nice to see MM & HR have fallen out in the middle of a "potential" criminal investigation

And nice to see I beat the NoTW to the punch with my scoop out of here

You had Harry last time to attract players. You won't this time.

You'll go down along with Hull and Birmingham.

You just keep on clutching at them old straws Ponyboy;)

We are 4 points from the relegation shirt tails.

you are 22 from an end of season knees up:D

is your garden rosey?

You just keep on clutching at them old straws Ponyboy;)

We are 4 points from the relegation shirt tails.

you are 22 from an end of season knees up:D

is your garden rosey?

I would tend to agree with you. If you can stay in touch until Christmas, there is every chance that you can turn it around, so long as the new owners invest. There are some pretty poor teams in the Premiership this year (your one, obviously...! ;)), but there are worse teams than yourselves, luckily. Personally I think you'll survive - by the skin of your teeth - but you'll survive.

Think the Thread title should be renamed.

Oh Happy Day - PFC takeover completes, well maybe it did, maybe it's a new one, maybe it's not

http://business.maktoob.com/20090000379626/PFC_pray_for_Faraj_as_Fahim_fails_to_deliver/Article.htm?utm_campaign=Night-Newsletter&utm_medium=Main-News8&utm_source=Night-Newsletter&utm_content=

PFC praying for a Saudi Muslim Businessman to resuce them...

Is it wrong to see some irony there?

Can there be any more twists!!!!

If the Saudi bloke is so rich why are they going to get LOANS of a USA and European 'financial institution'??

er I think you might be getting your Arabs mixed up;)

have a word with Dubai_Phill,,,,,,,,,,,he seems to be all clued up on camal humpers.:cool:

likes to keep a low profile, the consortium (its not just him) have serious financial muscle, he has a long term interest in developing the club and the community. Wouldn't expect to see him on the terraces or on the press, much like gaydamak. Either way better than the fake doc.

likes to keep a low profile, the consortium (its not just him) have serious financial muscle, he has a long term interest in developing the club and the community. Wouldn't expect to see him on the terraces or on the press, much like gaydamak. Either way better than the fake doc.

Gaydamak's Dad?

Well I think we and they should wait and see to be honest. Reading the Independant today and no one can actually clarify how much money this fella actually has! I can't believe they'd find another chancer and this fella was recommended by the Story teller.

If it's a consortium though as Merovingian says I guess it's a different matter

OK let's do some more cultural training shall we....

Not ALL Brits are naive when it comes to foreign cultures

Not ALL Saudi's are fanatical Whahibi Al Qaeda funding militants

But, enough of each of them are for their to be a totally different understanding of what each is saying.

So, developing the club and the community, this can also be clearly interpreted as

You are going to ground share at SMS or Havant/Waterlooville while the former club is redeveloped into "The largest Shopping Mall in Europe" and "Executive Style Housing"

The community will be developed by building the largest mosque outside of Mecca

Alternatively, he now owns the rights to blackmail the local council to give him planning permission to drain the harbour and build a 20,000 unit canal living new town, otherwise he will not invest in the team

Go to the local bookshop, get the latest Chris Ryan book and read the bottom of page two about the SAS rules of engagement in Iraq. I ain't quoting it.

So, people from down here will have two motives for investing in football.

One is based around Ego (ie that includes things like Man City and building a global brand) or it will be for profit and politics (Al Fayed at Fulham gets to stay in Blighty). A property developer - he'll use the politics to make a profit

Excellent.

As you've been posting for years I know that you won't whelch on a bet.

Do you have a nominated charity just in case a miracle happens?

NSPCC is fine with me also.

Don't think we need a miracle though, there are quite a few poor teams this season. That said, a decent manager and a few good players would certainly help come january...

massive investment of funds in the offing, training ground to start, large transfer fund available for January, and at last we get our real billionaires.
Sorry but the Times & Sun quote him as being a MULTI- millionaire, not a Billionaire!!!

Sorry were still richer than you! :smt040

And a $ billionaire(yours), is less than a £ billionaire(ours).

Edited by SOTONS EAST SIDE

Something is not "right" with all this. SAF sold his shares for £0 after having them for 40 days. People don't become rich in business doing things like that. Also no matter how much money the new owner puts into the club he will never make it back let alone a profit. Man City and Chelsea can support high crowds and already have large stadia. Pompey have huge debts, a poor stadium and poor attendances 3k below a 20k capacity and a team requiring massive investment just to get 17th.

How this will ever turn into a return on investment I don't know. It will take £50 million just to get them safe from administration problems and debt clearance, add to that the cost of a new stadium upwards of £50m, £9m for training complex and we haven't even started on the team yet. Is it worth it for the money 17,000 fans will bring?