Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Understand this was written by a PR mate of Piers Morgan who, apparently, is a staunch supporter of the Fake Sheik. Can you honestly believe that someone from the dark side of Hampshire could be so erudite?

and they think that those goons could statr to understand that?

Surely it would beter be said as

'Dear Skate as I have rogered you all to an inch of injury, I have decided to wirthdraw my tool and wipe it on your shirtails.I did this now so you can start to forgive and as i want you still to be there for when my friends come around. We will then be able to pass you around.

Lets be mates and dont come out of the cupboard until i need you again to be used. I really am embarrassed to be seen by you but you have your uses'

Looks like there are still money problems:

"Meanwhile, Portsmouth are understood not to be out of the financial woods, writes Steve Tongue. Funds received for players in the last hectic few days of the transfer window may have to go straight to paying off creditors like the Inland Revenue, and it is even suggested Al-Fahim has only agreed to put money in until the end of this month. He has insisted there will be "significant investment" in players and the youth academy. Theoretically, the club made a profit of £27m in transfers over the summer, but much of that will be paid in instalments and the whole sum barely covers the amount owed to Standard Bank, who wanted it back by 31 August."

Here's the link to the full article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/saudi-to-bid-for-west-ham-1782458.html

The natives are still restless bless them.

POMPEY VIRTUAL ALLIANCE STATEMENTPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:48 am

The interests of PFC are also served by ensuring Peter Storrie, the club's Chief Executive Officer, is allowed to continue, at the very least, in his current role.

Suggests they would like him to take on a bigger, better role. Like what, f*cktards? He's already your CEO...

Er Mods,,,,As the shifty sheik has not completed the Deal, Can this Fred revert back to its original heading?:mad:
You might be pleased he hasn't.If it is the case Storie will be able to bring his crowd in...oh sorry crowd is not a correct term when talking about your lot

You might be pleased he hasn't.If it is the case Storie will be able to bring his crowd in...oh sorry crowd is not a correct term when talking about your lot

You can sniger nickh, Wait till some knut comes along and asset strips your club and leaves you without a pot 2 pizz in,:butthead:

You can sniger nickh, Wait till some knut comes along and asset strips your club and leaves you without a pot 2 pizz in,:butthead:
you dont think we haven't been there.What has happened to think that all of a sudden.Look at it from an outsiders view.You were buying top players well above the financial position you were at. You had some days that were wondeful and now you are having a bit of medicine. You are hardly on deaths door, you may well struggle but you are still punching above your weight and are hoping to be baled out yet again and then will expect to have the stars again.

Your club will and should cut its cloth accordingly, football is the only business where profit comes second and in time most clubs will have ot come into the real world.

So touching to see so many of you concerned for pFC, not to mention at least three threads started with my name in the title while I've been away. I never knew I meant so much to you. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

I plan to respond to BIG DAZZA's post personally but have cherry picked a couple of points from this thread below. I know you're dying to hear some responses from me so, without further ado, let's go.

So Mr Storrie is promoting himself as Pompey's saviour. Surely he must have been working hand in glove with his close friend Mr Redknapp to spend money on transfers/wages way beyond the means of the club.

In addition he was one of the highest paid Directors of any Prem club.

Seems to me he is only staying to maintain this high salary and keep on station to act as a knight in shining armour as and when the new owner realises he has done the wrong thing

You are spot on there... and yet the Pompey fans think their club needs him and sympathsise with him!!! Unreal...

The thing about Storrie is that as an employee of the club he was just doing what he was told. If Redknapp came to him and Gaydamak and said "I want X player" then Gaydamak was the one saying whether he could provide the funds or not. Storrie's on a big wage but his responsibilities go far beyond what most chief execs at Prem clubs have to handle so no doubt he'd argue he deserves what he gets. Most Prem CEO's have a team of people to do what Storie does largely on his own so the wage isn't as ludicrous as most seem to believe.

Understand this was written by a PR mate of Piers Morgan who, apparently, is a staunch supporter of the Fake Sheik. Can you honestly believe that someone from the dark side of Hampshire could be so erudite?

So a PR mate of Piers Morgan wrote the article about the aims of an alliance between various Pompey fan run websites did he? You total ****

Suggests they would like him to take on a bigger, better role. Like what, f*cktards? He's already your CEO...

But he was rumoured to be trying to get the finance to buy the club himself, hence he would have had a bigger role than CEO. ****tard

you dont think we haven't been there.What has happened to think that all of a sudden.Look at it from an outsiders view.You were buying top players well above the financial position you were at. You had some days that were wondeful and now you are having a bit of medicine. You are hardly on deaths door, you may well struggle but you are still punching above your weight and are hoping to be baled out yet again and then will expect to have the stars again.

Your club will and should cut its cloth accordingly, football is the only business where profit comes second and in time most clubs will have ot come into the real world.

Stop it Nick Nack. It's dull. No club is going to stay in the Prem for long living within their means. Look what happened to you when Lowe had your salary cap. It's a rich man's game now. Whether Fahim is the answer to that for Pompey I doubt it. He did have backers but for whatever reason they wouldn't reveal their identities to the PL (I suspect we all have theories as to why that is) and the irony now is (and I'm sure you bastards are ****ing yourselves at this one) we have a couple of genuinely wealthy potential backers in the Al Faraj brothers who want to invest in the club while Dr Doolittle runs around desperately trying to get finance from somewhere. Now he's announced that he's found finance "in principle" just as he agreed a deal for the club "in principle".

Just two things.

Can you all stop laughing at the (as Torres might say) ****tard from the UAE. We're doing enough of it ourselves.

Who'd have thought Pompey would see themselves on 0 points after 5 games and still have more points than you lot. ;)

More to the point, who'd have thought that we'd fail to win any of our first 7 games with a -10 deduction and still have a decent chance of beating you to 1 point ;) :lol:

I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

Just to cheer you up further, a rumour's going around that David O'Leary could be coming in either as Hart's assistant or his replacement.

Do you think it's possible we could achieve 0 points by Xmas? :(

I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

Just to cheer you up further, a rumour's going around that David O'Leary could be coming in either as Hart's assistant or his replacement.

Do you think it's possible we could achieve 0 points by Xmas? :(

fair play corp...take it on the chin and all that

I take it there deffo no chance of Riquelme coming now....ffs

The thing about Storrie is that as an employee of the club he was just doing what he was told. If Redknapp came to him and Gaydamak and said "I want X player" then Gaydamak was the one saying whether he could provide the funds or not. Storrie's on a big wage but his responsibilities go far beyond what most chief execs at Prem clubs have to handle so no doubt he'd argue he deserves what he gets. Most Prem CEO's have a team of people to do what Storie does largely on his own so the wage isn't as ludicrous as most seem to believe.

Stop it Nick Nack. It's dull. No club is going to stay in the Prem for long living within their means. Look what happened to you when Lowe had your salary cap. It's a rich man's game now. Whether Fahim is the answer to that for Pompey I doubt it. He did have backers but for whatever reason they wouldn't reveal their identities to the PL (I suspect we all have theories as to why that is) and the irony now is (and I'm sure you bastards are ****ing yourselves at this one) we have a couple of genuinely wealthy potential backers in the Al Faraj brothers who want to invest in the club while Dr Doolittle runs around desperately trying to get finance from somewhere. Now he's announced that he's found finance "in principle" just as he agreed a deal for the club "in principle".

)

Yeah right, it has nothing to do with Storrie he was only following orders...lol

You can stay in the PL living within yours means, you bought your success and now are whining because you have to take some medicine.Take it and get on with it.

As for you having more points than us, we had a points penalty for going into admin, sadly you didnt have that when you did.

More to the point, who'd have thought that we'd fail to win any of our first 7 games with a -10 deduction and still have a decent chance of beating you to 1 point ;) :lol:

FWIW I still think there is a decent chance of them being on negative points by Christmas.

Nothing specific that I can use to "prove" it but with Storie's comments about no new investment, PL money going straight to Standard Chartered etc I don't see how they are going to fund overheads to January. Am sure Corp will disagree but it just doesn't stack up for me.

Maybe the trip to the US will have secured new investment and they will be fine but its a big big MAYBE.

So touching to see so many of you concerned for pFC, not to mention at least three threads started with my name in the title while I've been away. I never knew I meant so much to you. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

You really shouldn't thank us, it's the least we could do after the bitterly-obsessive-hate-fuelled 35-plus years the 'scummers' were the centre of the Blue-Few's world. How you all bizarrely worked yourselves into a frenzy at the mere mention of the word 'Southampton'...and we barely noticed you were there. Guess that hurt the most?

So thanks from our bottoms for still caring so deeply, despite you being two divs above (oh, with smaller crowds btw) :smt023

I don't think we were relegated for staying within our means, we were relegated because our crackpot chairman thought he knew better than the rest of the established football world, and spunked a nice wedge of cash that could have been used to buy premiere league players for retarded sports experiments and players he thought could do the job who were blatantly not up to the task.

I don't think we were relegated for staying within our means, we were relegated because our crackpot chairman thought he knew better than the rest of the established football world, and spunked a nice wedge of cash that could have been used to buy premiere league players for retarded sports experiments and players he thought could do the job who were blatantly not up to the task.

Summed up nicely in one sentence.

When I saw the Dr's remark that he had secured finance "in principle" I did wince! And yet I see many Pompey fans have bought into it! Will they never learn. Talk is cheap - ask Pinacle.

apparently they are noe DEFINATELY rotating the stadium...how will that effect the world cup games their fans were boasting about holding and taking the mick that we are (definately) hosting Rugby games...

ho, shed any light..?

LMFAO, it will never, ever, ever get rebuilt - neither will they get a new stadium.

In fact, the stadium debates are one my favourite, where I think the best come back is normally something along the lines of "You've got a B & Q flatpack stadium"

Yes, yes we have. And it hold's a considerably lot more than Fratton turdhole.

"But at least we fill out stadium" (this argument no longer applies - see last 2-3 years of FP attendances for proof)

Though I have to admit, seeing many of them fall for this beauty was one the best - does anyone have any more info on it? (I would love to read the plans again, lmfao, what did they model it on - one of Cloverfield's turds?)

http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/06/30/herzog-and-de-meurons-portsmouth-stadium/

And don't ever forget - this guy was better than Le Tissier (and the multiple camera angles make make it look like he scored about forty goals that season)

Edited by Crab Lungs

Though I have to admit, seeing many of them fall for this beauty was one the best - does anyone have any more info on it? (I would love to read the plans again, lmfao, what did they model it on - one of Cloverfield's turds?)

The best line in that article is the last one....

"Land reclamation work is tentatively scheduled for 2008, with construction of the stadium to begin next year"

LMFAO indeed!

I LMFAO at the filled stadium mock up picture in the link! Is that 20,000 skates and 16,000 away fans! lol :smt040

I LMFAO at the filled stadium mock up picture in the link! Is that 20,000 skates and 16,000 away fans! lol :smt040

Aha! The re-appearance of the Giant Bedpan!!:D

I reckon more like 14,000 skates, 1,000 away and 21,000 empty seats.

Way their crowds are going they ought to get a nice new modern 15,000 seater stadium and accept their poor poor level of support.

Small club.

Blue few!

lol

FWIW I still think there is a decent chance of them being on negative points by Christmas.

Nothing specific that I can use to "prove" it but with Storie's comments about no new investment, PL money going straight to Standard Chartered etc I don't see how they are going to fund overheads to January. Am sure Corp will disagree but it just doesn't stack up for me.

Maybe the trip to the US will have secured new investment and they will be fine but its a big big MAYBE.

I'm in the US this week (fookin Alligator by the 13th hole - what's THAT all about?)

heard a really funny one. Seems the big plan is that SBT is pushing the PL to re-open the discussions about global franchises for PL teams...

Seems he has a deal for his cash to save face, all he has to do now is rename the club Baghdad Skates and they'll be playing in the Green Zone next season.

Flybe looking at doing a deal for home games

apparently

That was published in 2008, it also says that the landfill will start in 2008.:confused:

I'm in the US this week (fookin Alligator by the 13th hole - what's THAT all about?)

heard a really funny one. Seems the big plan is that SBT is pushing the PL to re-open the discussions about global franchises for PL teams...

Seems he has a deal for his cash to save face, all he has to do now is rename the club Baghdad Skates and they'll be playing in the Green Zone next season.

Flybe looking at doing a deal for home games

apparently

That`s got to be safer than actually playing in P*rtsmouth!

Fahim has secured finance already Clapham but it's not as much as is being reported and he's paying a ridiculous rate of interest.

However, for once I'm hoping you're right because I was told at the weekend that if we go into administration the Faraj Bros would still buy us and they have very heavy backing. IMHO we're already down - if you take out the seven games left against the "big 4" we have 25 games left to get 40 points to stay up. That means we're looking at averaging 1.6 points per game which just isn't going to happen. In that case the -9 points penalty for administration would make no difference and if it meant getting rid of Fahim (who still hasn't filed the paperwork to confirm ownership with the PL by the way).

"But at least we fill out stadium" (this argument no longer applies - see last 2-3 years of FP attendances for proof)

And don't ever forget - this guy was better than Le Tissier (and the multiple camera angles make make it look like he scored about forty goals that season)

Crabby, you used to be quite a decent poster to banter with but these days you seem to have turned into a complete ****.

1. Another attendance thread - yay. FYI, I've posted a link to a website showing Pompey's average attendances and you can see that for the past three years we've averaged 96 - 97% sell out of capacity. Is that your "proof" that we don't fill the stadium?

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/england.htm

Can we not bother debating this point any more and leave this link as a sticky for anyone who wants to start another such "argument"

2. Whether Prosinecki was better than Le Tissier is open to debate. I'm pretty sure that if you asked anyone on mainland Europe the majority would say Prosinecki was better. He played for Real Madrid and Barcelona after all. If you asked anyone in Southampton you'd obviously say Le Tissier. Pointless talking about him when he was at Pompey at the end of his career but at their respective peaks I can't see why you'd dispute that Prosinecki was a great player whether you think he's better than Le Nose or not.

In those images the stadium would appear to be located the on The Hard!!!

That's because it's the old stadium that was proposed two or three years ago. Keep up.

Be interesting to compare the amount of fans we each take to Carlisle this week' date=' seeing as they're playing them in the Carling Cup on Tuesday.[/quote']

Yes, really interesting. A 680 mile round trip (approx), one on a week day where any supporters travelling would have to, potentially, take 2 days off work as against a Saturday where most people have the day off.

No comparision really. :rolleyes:

2. Whether Prosinecki was better than Le Tissier is open to debate. I'm pretty sure that if you asked anyone on mainland Europe the majority would say Prosinecki was better. He played for Real Madrid and Barcelona after all. If you asked anyone in Southampton you'd obviously say Le Tissier. Pointless talking about him when he was at Pompey at the end of his career but at their respective peaks I can't see why you'd dispute that Prosinecki was a great player whether you think he's better than Le Nose or not.

Corp..........I know you feel wounded by the sorry situation down at Farten Cack.........but please, saying things whilst your mind is impaired, will not help your cause.

Pele once said of MLT in his prime........that he was the only English player that would get in the Brazilian team..........now that will do for me;);)

Fahim has secured finance already Clapham but it's not as much as is being reported and he's paying a ridiculous rate of interest.

Has he really though or has he raised finance "in principle"?

He has bought the club and may have found finance to do so but if Storrie is to be believed he hasn't raised any money to put into the club.

However, for once I'm hoping you're right because I was told at the weekend that if we go into administration the Faraj Bros would still buy us and they have very heavy backing. IMHO we're already down - if you take out the seven games left against the "big 4" we have 25 games left to get 40 points to stay up. That means we're looking at averaging 1.6 points per game which just isn't going to happen. In that case the -9 points penalty for administration would make no difference and if it meant getting rid of Fahim (who still hasn't filed the paperwork to confirm ownership with the PL by the way).

**deep breath**

You might be right there.

If you are down anyway and can be sure of a wealthy buyer on the other side it wouldn't be the end of the world for you.

As your record regarding being right about the takeover thus far has been perfect, never a single thing wrong, I'm sure you can supply evidence to back this up as all we've seen is the quotes regarding securing finance "in principal".

He has bought the club and may have found finance to do so but if Storrie is to be believed he hasn't raised any money to put into the club.

**deep breath**

You might be right there.

If you are down anyway and can be sure of a wealthy buyer on the other side it wouldn't be the end of the world for you.

Why would a wealthy backer want to buy a championship club like Pompey if that were the case? There are a million better options.

But he was rumoured to be trying to get the finance to buy the club himself, hence he would have had a bigger role than CEO. ****tard

Lol, so the statement should have read:

We welcome the takeover of the club by Sulaiman Al Fahim in principle. In moving decisively to buy PFC, he has seemingly ensured the spectre of administration has been exorcised for the foreseeable future and that the dead hand of Sacha Gaydamak has been lifted. Al Fahim has pursued the club with a single-minded dedication and clearly wants to take it forward.

He brings energy, a flair for entrepreneurialism and a contacts book to die for. We await with interest to see to what extent he is willing to invest himself and bring investment into the club ahead of the next transfer window. We would also like clarification as to the means by which the takeover was financed and its implications for PFC.

Having said all that, we'd like Al-Fahim to sell the club immediately to Peter Storrie.

Lol. 'tards.

I was told at the weekend that he's raised some finance but it's at an interest rate of around 20%. You work out how he'll pay it back because I can't

Who can ever be 100% sure. I was told that the Faraj's would buy us out of admin. I'm also told they're backed by a section of the Saudi royal family. At present they're still interested apparently but who knows. They might move on to someone else.

As your record regarding being right about the takeover thus far has been perfect, never a single thing wrong, I'm sure you can supply evidence to back this up as all we've seen is the quotes regarding securing finance "in principal".

I've never claimed to be ITK but I do know someone high up at Pompey who we see socially every couple of weeks or so. I don't get told everything but I do get various pieces of info dropped. Some of these don't happen because, shock horror, things change in football like they do in any business. I've no reason to doubt what I was told at the weekend.

Why would a wealthy backer want to buy a championship club like Pompey if that were the case? There are a million better options.

A million options? Blimey, that must make for a long season. :D

There are any number of reasons why someone would want to buy a football club. My guess with Pompey and the Al Faraj's (and that's all it is) is that they see some way of making cash out of the deal. Whether that's by pumping ridiculous millions into the playing side of things then selling it on or they see an opportunity in building a new stadium (I know what you're thinking before you say anything) and the associated commercial side of things. Most of the championship clubs don't have the opportunity for commercial development that a new stadium for Pompey has along with the fact that you are our only geographical rivals. Most championship clubs are from areas where there are several other clubs which would limit their growth potential. Not so with Pompey. I understand most on here won't agree with that but that's my view.

1. Another attendance thread - yay. FYI, I've posted a link to a website showing Pompey's average attendances and you can see that for the past three years we've averaged 96 - 97% sell out of capacity. Is that your "proof" that we don't fill the stadium?

Yeah you'd love that . lol