Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

We had 5 main targets this summer.......

One has signed, its sealed and club just need to deliver (news)

Two of the 5 have now agreed to join other clubs C'est la vie!

Other two are still possible but clubs want upto 50% more than we are willing to pay. #moneytalks

Just passing on what ive been told...... Please dont shoot the messenger

That's a shame, would've loved to see Neymar and Falcao at Saints.

What was that.....did someone say youtube?? ;)

Ok......I know it´s youtube but this clip is from one game and that makes it a bit different IMO. If you dont like the small parts of it like a bit of dribbling, passing, tackling etc be sure to dont miss at 4:35.....

What was that.....did someone say youtube?? ;)

Ok......I know it´s youtube but this clip is from one game and that makes it a bit different IMO. If you dont like the small parts of it like a bit of dribbling, passing, tackling etc be sure to dont miss at 4:35.....

He'll do.

Or, if you were also an English footballer, had played for England and played in a league in which he'd managed, there's a fair chance you'd have met a few times.

Unfortunately, it all comes down to money and the chances to win trophies. We can't offer the latter.

Looks like there could be a work permit issue with Banega... does he play regularly for Argentina these days?

From 2009:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2595637/Everton-to-sign-Ever-Banega.html

Published: 19th August 2009

EVERTON will sign Argentina ace Ever Banega - if he can get a work permit.

Toffees boss David Moyes has lined up the midfielder, 21, for a season-long loan from Valencia.

But there could be complications with the application because he has not played in 75 per cent of internationals over the past two years.

Banega is highly-rated having been signed by Valencia for around £15million 18 months ago.

A failure to settle meant he spent last season on loan at Atletico Madrid.

On and off really. Doubt we'd have a problem due to the outstanding talent he has.

Ah... looks like Everton got a permit in the end.... I wonder why they never went through with it...?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2602030/Evers-ready-for-the-Toffees.html

Published: 22nd August 2009

EVERTON have sorted out a work permit for Argentinian loan midfielder Ever Banega.

The 21-year-old Valencia man is expected to arrive on Merseyside shortly to begin a season-long spell.

Toffees boss David Moyes is looking to employ Banega in a similar role to creative wideman Mikel Arteta, who is sidelined with a knee ligament injury.

Moyes said: “Our application for a work permit has been passed and hopefully we will get to see him in a few days.

“He has very good ability and is a little bit similar to Mikel in lots of ways in that he can retain the ball and pass it.

“Ever is on a year’s loan. If he’s good then we will keep him, if he’s not we can always send him back.”

Edit: Ah, here's the answer...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1210502/Everton-boss-David-Moyes-frustrated-Valencias-midfielder-Ever-Banega-falls-through.html

UPDATED: 17:33, 1 September 2009

David Moyes suffered another transfer setback today when his proposed move for Ever Banega fell through.The Everton manager, who missed out on a bold attempt to prise Rafael van der Vaart away from Real Madrid, was confident of landing Banega on a season-long loan and even succeeded in obtaining a work permit for Valencia's Argentinian midfielder.

But he became increasingly frustrated as Valencia stalled over the deal and continued to select their 21-year old anchor man for La Liga matches. They even picked him for their recent Europa League qualifier, thus making him ineligible for Everton's forthcoming group games.

According to sources in Spain, Valencia were taken aback at hearing that Everton had secured a work permit and became more reluctant to release Banega after struggling to recruit any replacements.

Edited by trousers

Looks like there could be a work permit issue with Banega... does he play regularly for Argentina these days?

5 years living in spain means he'll be eligible for a spanish passport (as a decedent of spain from a former part of the empire) and work permit wont matter any more ;)

5 years living in spain means he'll be eligible for a spanish passport (as a decedent of spain from a former part of the empire) and work permit wont matter any more ;)

Could take a bit of time to come through though.

Worth remembering we have been linked with stacks of players so far and signed none. Until this link comes from a source in Spain or Argentina I would take it with a pinch of salt. Its a fairly obvious link to make, with lots of La Liga players coming over here, us looking for a CM, and Banega being the same nationality as our Manager. Earlier this week it was Baena, before him Nainggolan.

Adel Hernandez also has the same agent as Gonzalo Bueno which is the same agent as Gaston has. Pablo Betancourt seems the only agent for Uruguayans but it could be an advantage for us, if we were interested in him.

Not really, all agents hate us and dont want to deal with us.

Tom28 mentioned Cardozo a little while back

Saw this on the SKY Sports transfer clock watch:-

Benfica forward Oscar Cardozo is another player attracting a lot of attention, and Record in Portugal reports that Tottenham have joined the race for his signature. The 30-year-old has been a key player for Benfica since joining the club in 2007 but it looks as though they face a fight to hold on to him this summer.

It would have to be a peculiar free transfer deal or a very very special and rare player indeed if we signed anyone aged 28+ who is any good I reckon. All these 30 year olds never played in the EPL before - I am not a believer...Cardozo, Verdu even Ambrosini etc were/are all good players..but too old for "the project" so why come to get bullied in the EPL (apart from a big fat weekly wage of course) when they can be revered and respected and maybe eke out a season or two more in the slower paced but more technical euro-leagues.

I think we will pick up early twenties players myself who want EPL on the CV. They will likely be of the AM variety as defenders tend to get better with age...MP MIGHT be allowed one old dog to teach the attack or defence something they don't already know but i don't see him bringing in more than one old-timer...

"I've got indications of the conditions but Kiev haven't spoken to me"

Aka my agent said we'd lots going there and it's easy money, just need assurances I won't be stabbed.... Also sounds a bit shifty around the clubs speaking directly to players rules again but they have probably been thrown out the window now.

Frederic Veseli been released by Man Utd somewhat surprisingly - well regarded, useful is several positions. Had a a good game against our U21s at right back. Could probably do a job for us as a backup in several positions.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8776696/Transfer-News-A-host-of-clubs-are-chasing-former-Man-United-defender-Frederic-Veseli

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/04/09/frederic-veseli-shows-he-is-manchester-uniteds-ultimate-youth-ut/