Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

He's ready for EPL. Send him out on loan and if he's got any sense he will ask for a transfer. Plenty of premier league teams that he would walk straight into.

Really?

Like who?

JWP could go into a few teams in PL perhaps but not as a regular starter and not in a way that I think any club would pay big for him at the moment.

He would benefit from a year in the championship for sure but I think he will be with us. I got a feeling MP likes him a lot as a tactical sub cause he´s a very intelligent player. Like when he was put on against Man C at home do nullify Kolarov down the flank.

JWP could go into a few teams in PL perhaps but not as a regular starter and not in a way that I think any club would pay big for him at the moment.

He would benefit from a year in the championship for sure but I think he will be with us. I got a feeling MP likes him a lot as a tactical sub cause he´s a very intelligent player. Like when he was put on against Man C at home do nullify Kolarov down the flank.

And at Wigan. His good work set up Morgan's goal.

Since the Cortese era we don't seem to loan youngsters out that I can recall.

2009/10 - Gobern, Tafazolli, White, Gillett, Lancashire, Thomson

2010/11 - Mills, Saville, Tafazolli, Garrod, Doble

2011/12 - Doble, Saville, Dovey, Hoskins, Dean

2012/13 - Hoskins, Seidi, Reeves, Britt

Edited by Matthew Le God

2009/10 - Gobern, Tafazolli, White, Gillett, Lancashire, Thomson

2010/11 - Mills, Saville, Tafazolli, Garrod, Doble

2011/12 - Doble, Saville, Dovey, Hoskins, Dean

2012/13 - Hoskins, Seidi, Reeves, Britt

all now gone except Britt ?

You've got to be good to play in the PL.

What do people think is his best position? In the hole (Davis, Ramirez) or in the two central midfield positions (morgan/Cork)? Personally I'd like to see him out on loan for half a season.

don't know, don't much care, he's not up to first team standards yet and certainly isn't a CM candidate because their work involves defending which means winning aerial duels and the lads's about 5ft tall.He can say what he likes but he needs to show he's better than Lallana and Davis before he'll get anywhere near a first team start again. Strange how some get BBB attitudes when they get near the England setup at any level.

don't know, don't much care, he's not up to first team standards yet and certainly isn't a CM candidate because their work involves defending which means winning aerial duels and the lads's about 5ft tall.He can say what he likes but he needs to show he's better than Lallana and Davis before he'll get anywhere near a first team start again. Strange how some get BBB attitudes when they get near the England setup at any level.

He is a great little hassler but I agree he isnt going to really affect anything arial unless he works on his leaping (plyometrics). I think he will end up as a more forward player, he reminds me a lot of Wilshere but hasnt got the build.

Worth noting Verrati is a tiny fella aswell and is v good as the disruptive midfielder.

JWP to Palace would be a good move for him.

Don't think it would, Holloway's style is too much kick and rush, and anyway would it be good to get the experience of a relegation? If we are going to loan some players out we need them to get experience playing in a style like our own, it would be better if we could loan him to a mid table La Liga or Bundesliga team where he may still learn while way from our coaching set up. There are precious few teams outside a couple of PL teams where he would gain experience rather than game time.

Certainly seems to fit our recruitment remit though.

We are targetting the players who were superb in 2011-12 but not so last year ala now affordable and avalible.

coincidentally...... Do you know what it says on NC's office wall?

"Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent"

Obviously believes in Pinocchio's ability to kick start careers

We are targetting the players who were superb in 2011-12 but not so last year ala now affordable and avalible.

coincidentally...... Do you know what it says on NC's office wall?

"Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent"

Obviously believes in Pinocchio's ability to kick start careers

Jamie O'Hara fits that profile. HCDAJFU and would be cheaper than Banger.

You epitomise everything wrong with English football. That or you are a sick weirdo with no life that gets kicks out of winding people up on an Internet forum. I genuinely pity you either way.

He is a great little hassler but I agree he isnt going to really affect anything arial unless he works on his leaping (plyometrics). I think he will end up as a more forward player, he reminds me a lot of Wilshere but hasnt got the build.

Worth noting Verrati is a tiny fella aswell and is v good as the disruptive midfielder.

Verrati's inadequacy in his role is shown by his disciplinary record, 10 yellows and a red in about 20 games. PSG steamroller everything because they are by far superior to every opponent in the French League, plus they play a strange 4-2-2-2 system which means there's always cover everywhere. When you've spent more than all the others put together I guess it just doesn't matter who plays where.

Norwich, villa, stoke, Sunderland. ProbBly add the three promoted sides

why would a player who could not get into the team for a club that finished 14th, be good enough for those sides?

I dont doubt JWP would come good but IF we bring in say, banega, I think he should go on loan to the NPC or to 1 of the 3 promoted sides so he can get 25+ games under his belt. Did Morgan and cork the world of good

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-place-ever-banega-bid-1956592

Another article on Banega and claims we are interested in Hooper.

Seems the Banega talk is hotting up, however I cannot believe for one minute that with Lambert and JRod we will be interested in putting money into a striker like Hooper. I would have thought the interest died when Adkins left the building.

@danbsfc: @alex_crook Hi Alex, do you really think #SaintsFC could still be in for Hooper? Thought that interest went when Adkins went?

@alex_crook: @danbsfc Adkins had little say in transfers. Most of the big signings were decided by transfer committee #SaintsFC

SeemsHooper is very much a club target.

@danbsfc: @alex_crook Hi Alex, do you really think #SaintsFC could still be in for Hooper? Thought that interest went when Adkins went?

@alex_crook: @danbsfc Adkins had little say in transfers. Most of the big signings were decided by transfer committee #SaintsFC

SeemsHooper is very much a club target.

Big, strong, english, scores goals

Dependant on price I certainly wouldnt be upset, would need to be under 8m though

Big big summer lined up

@deark3009: @alex_crook Hi Alex,do you know how many players we would like to bring in? Cheers

@alex_crook: @deark3009 i would expect 5-7 new arrivals

That would be....... interesting!!

Sorry but I dont want Hooper, and especially if he would cost £7-8m.

Dont think he would fit in as a lone striker. Surely there must be some spanish/south american to fill that role better.

Rodrigo or Morata would be fantastic but is too far fetched probably.