Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

I've got to agree. The last thing we need is a player with motoring convictions.

nah but this bloke is a serial offender. Current status banned from driving, 4WD confiscated and awaiting trial for driving when banned twice. Just can't get it through his bonce that when you've been convicted of offences, your 12 points have become -5 (or something like that) your licence has been taken away you've gotta stop driving. Shows that the bloke just lives for himself and has no respect for anyone. Sort of bloke you need to steer clear of.

Edited by Window Cleaner

nah but this bloke is a serial offender. Current status banned from driving, 4WD confiscated and awaiting trial for driving when banned twice. Just can't get it through his bonce that when you've been convicted of offences, your 12 points have become -5 (or something like that) your licence has been taken away you've gotta stop driving. Shows that the bloke just lives for himself and has no respect for anyone. Sort of bloke you need to steer clear of.

Arhhhhh I see! So you're a disgruntled traffic cop?...

You mean like Guly and Lee?

or like Lee Barnard who, alledegally, hits people in the face with glass bottles

Kana Biyik has indicated that he wants to leave Rennes because he considers to have gone as far as possible with them.

http://iphone.lequipe.fr/serv/LequipeiPhone?com=newsdefev2frXHT&chrono=yes&idne=b-379581

The article says that a host of clubs are interested including Saints but Its no longer the case now that we have signed Lovren

Shame because Kana Biyik is a class act, I remember one game this season where Rennes were down to 9 men for the last half hour and he single handidly kept them in the game and they won 2-1.

Kana Biyik has indicated that he wants to leave Rennes because he considers to have gone as far as possible with them.

http://iphone.lequipe.fr/serv/LequipeiPhone?com=newsdefev2frXHT&chrono=yes&idne=b-379581

The article says that a host of clubs are interested including Saints but Its no longer the case now that we have signed Lovren

Shame because Kana Biyik is a class act, I remember one game this season where Rennes were down to 9 men for the last half hour and he single handidly kept them in the game and they won 2-1.

Hahahahaha arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh PSG 1 Rennes 2! I still have nightmares about that game. But yes, he was absolutely outstanding, an absolute beast/rock that evening. He really did step up... it was a barrage for near on 35 minutes. Well, it was a barrage from the off if truth be told...

Here we go!

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4974860/Hoops-braced-for-record-bid-for-Victor-Wanyama.html

"Saints nick £10m Vic

SOUTHAMPTON have kicked off talks with Celtic for a potential record £10million-plus deal for Victor Wanyama.

SunSport understands the Premiership outfit made contact with the Hoops at the start of the week and are hoping to strike a quick agreement for the midfielder.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4974860/Hoops-braced-for-record-bid-for-Victor-Wanyama.html#ixzz2We48GWOu"

Here we go!

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4974860/Hoops-braced-for-record-bid-for-Victor-Wanyama.html

"Saints nick £10m Vic

SOUTHAMPTON have kicked off talks with Celtic for a potential record £10million-plus deal for Victor Wanyama.

SunSport understands the Premiership outfit made contact with the Hoops at the start of the week and are hoping to strike a quick agreement for the midfielder.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4974860/Hoops-braced-for-record-bid-for-Victor-Wanyama.html#ixzz2We48GWOu"

I think he would offer decent competition for morgan and cork and gives real strength in that area. No need for Banega in my mind who seems to have a lot of baggage with him. We have enough attacking midfielders who can play that key pass just we need the right type of striker to allow them to do that. Plus we need a winger to gives us another dimension going forward.

Banega > Wanyama IMO.

Benega gives us something we don't have, he's a genuine playmaker who can also do the defensive stuff. Wanyama is closer to what Cork is, an out and out defensive mid. He'll bring a bit more pace and power to our midfield but Banega will bring a lot more class.

I don't think we have either to be honest. Banega is probably closer to Cork than Wanyama is. Wanyama is more of a Diame/Viera/Mulumbu power player which I feel we could have done with last season.

Banega does look a hell of a talent though. Could be that we've leaked that story so it hurries Valencia along.

Banega > Wanyama IMO.

Benega gives us something we don't have, he's a genuine playmaker who can also do the defensive stuff. Wanyama is closer to what Cork is, an out and out defensive mid. He'll bring a bit more pace and power to our midfield but Banega will bring a lot more class.

I don't think we have either to be honest. Banega is probably closer to Cork than Wanyama is. Wanyama is more of a Diame/Viera/Mulumbu power player which I feel we could have done with last season.

Banega does look a hell of a talent though. Could be that we've leaked that story so it hurries Valencia along.

Who says we can't have both? ;)

Agree in part but both Cork and Mulumbu do the same role for their teams they just go about it in different ways.

Also Diame isn't a sitting player really, he gets forward a lot, Noble is the one that sits more like Cork, so that's more like the role Morgan does. Wanyama certainly gives us quality competition for both positions, but considering we play a very much short passing possession based game I'd prefer someone like Benega who will provide more craft and link the midfield and attack better than either Cork and Morgan do. Plus he's a good set piece taker something we struggled with last year.

I'd could see Benega playing next to Cork or Morgan in home games with Gaston in the hole, but in away games against tougher opposition you could play all 3, with Banega the more advanced playing a similar role to what Davis did last year but actually offering a lot more going forward.

I think Ramirez as well would benefit a lot from having a player like Banega around.

EDIT: Yep Webby we could have both and that would be pretty amazing, I suppose if Banega is only around £8, £18 million for the pair is pretty good business, but I don't think Banega will go for that little more like £12 million. Does that give us enough funds for elsewhere? It's great to have 4 very good centre-mids that all give you different options but a bit pointless if we are still very weak elsewhere and relying on Lambert to play 38 games again.

On the prices quoted, £8 million for Lovren, £8 million for Banega, £10 million for Wanyama, £8 million for Bueno, plus maybe £5-6 for a striker and a full back on a free. One hell of Window!

(also sell a few fringe players to raise around £8 million)

Think that would keep us around the £30 million 'war chest' that was quoted.

Edited by tajjuk

Agree in part but both Cork and Mulumbu do the same role for their teams they just go about it in different ways.

Also Diame isn't a sitting player really, he gets forward a lot, Noble is the one that sits more like Cork, so that's more like the role Morgan does. Wanyama certainly gives us quality competition for both positions, but considering we play a very much short passing possession based game I'd prefer someone like Benega who will provide more craft and link the midfield and attack better than either Cork and Morgan do. Plus he's a good set piece taker something we struggled with last year.

I'd could see Benega playing next to Cork or Morgan in home games with Gaston in the hole, but in away games against tougher opposition you could play all 3, with Banega the more advanced playing a similar role to what Davis did last year but actually offering a lot more going forward.

I think Ramirez as well would benefit a lot from having a player like Banega around.

Pretty much how I see things, whenever I have seen Banega he sits deep dictacting play but also mops stuff up at the back, much like cork does now but with a bit more class. Itll also allow Morgan a little bit more freedom in his marauding around the pitch.

Not watched Wanyama much, he is big, strong, athletic but I do see Garretts assessment of him as being like Viera and Diame. And a little like Toure. Box to box player that can break up play and also help in attack, pure athlete.

Id take either TBH

On another note, De Bruyne and Affellay are looking to move. Also Tello isnt getting a lot of games at Barca (I know we enquired before) any of them would be brilliant signings

Also

Crystal Palace, Swansea, Fulham and Norwich have all made £2m offers for Birmingham and England Under-21 winger Nathan Redmond, 19.

I'd take him at that price, still a bit raw but would offer us a good option on the flanks and has pace to burn.

On another note, De Bruyne and Affellay are looking to move. Also Tello isnt getting a lot of games at Barca (I know we enquired before) any of them would be brilliant signings

Yep totally would have any of those 3. De Bruyne especially would be quality, I thought Dortmund were after him to replace Gotze and also heard that Mourinho want to bring back a lot of Chelsea's loan players so De Bruyne, Lukaku and Courtois.

Also

I'd take him at that price, still a bit raw but would offer us a good option on the flanks and has pace to burn.

Yep totally would have any of those 3. De Bruyne especially would be quality, I thought Dortmund were after him to replace Gotze and also heard that Mourinho want to bring back a lot of Chelsea's loan players so De Bruyne, Lukaku and Courtois.

Speaking of Redmond, Im surprised more stories of young Will Hughes interests havnt come up. Looks a real player him, not massively pacey but skillfull.

Id still love us to grab Ince, I think its achievable too, we have the cash and his dad wants to ensure he is playing first team football at a decent club, we can offer that cant we ?

Sinclair ?

There are a lot of good options out there if you have the cash and ambition.

Speaking of Redmond, Im surprised more stories of young Will Hughes interests havnt come up. Looks a real player him, not massively pacey but skillfull.

Id still love us to grab Ince, I think its achievable too, we have the cash and his dad wants to ensure he is playing first team football at a decent club, we can offer that cant we ?

Sinclair ?

There are a lot of good options out there if you have the cash and ambition.

Will Hughes will be quality but he's better off where he is at the moment, not many premier league clubs are going to play a 17/18 year old in attacking midfield.

Sinclair and Ince are definite possibilities but we seem to be looking at the foreign market more and maybe a higher level of player?

Will Hughes will be quality but he's better off where he is at the moment, not many premier league clubs are going to play a 17/18 year old in attacking midfield.

Sinclair and Ince are definite possibilities but we seem to be looking at the foreign market more and maybe a higher level of player?

We certainly did last year, we were knocking on everyones door trying to get a reply by all accounts, unfortunately many players want you to have got over that first season and make an impact.

By all accounts we are going back and even going above some of those we looked at. Seems as though players are listening now aswell.

Personally I think Ince will be a great little player, Sinclair is decent too but he lost his way at City. TBH you can get a better quality of player from abroad for less money.

One things for sure, the TW is certainly more exciting this season than it has been for the last 5-6

From SKY:-

Oscar Cardozo has recently been linked with a move to Fenerbahce, but O Jogo is reporting that an unnamed Premier League club have offered €17million (£14.6m) for the Benfica striker. The likes of Everton and Tottenham Hotspur have also recently been linked with a bid to sign the Paraguayan, while he has been mooted as a replacement for Edinson Cavani at Napoli.

Oscar Cardozo has recently been linked with a move to Fenerbahce, but O Jogo is reporting that an unnamed Premier League club have offered €17million (£14.6m) for the Benfica striker. The likes of Everton and Tottenham Hotspur have also recently been linked with a bid to sign the Paraguayan, while he has been mooted as a replacement for Edinson Cavani at Napoli.

can't see us spending that sort of dollar on a 30 year old

Only 1 striker at Benfica worth that much and it isn't Cardozo. Now Rodrigo is something different.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8783334/Transfer-News-Southampton-striker-Tadanari-Lee-turns-down-Tokyo-move

Not sure if this has been mentioned...but Tadanari looks like he will be staying for the time being

yes we were aware that we will be paying him 20K a week for absolutely F/all for the foreseeable future. Won't get any game time here either.

I should like to see some rumours start up about actually offloading some of our surplus to requirements player who CNDAJFU

next season. Salarial mass must be pretty meaty just now. Don't need it weighing us down for too much longer.

Agree but I think in some cases the players we have at the moment are waiting to see what comes in to see if they would stand a chance or not grabbing a shirt.

And probably because of holidays some of them aren´t available for talks with the manager about their future at the club.

JWP has been linked with a loan move to the Cherries would free up space for two CM

Shame, would prefer to see him go to a club that will give him proper coaching and game time in a team that plays the right sort of system/football, that probably would mean Europe but would be better for his development as a Saints player than a stretch in with the cloggers and English coaches.

I should like to see some rumours start up about actually offloading some of our surplus to requirements player who CNDAJFU

next season. Salarial mass must be pretty meaty just now. Don't need it weighing us down for too much longer.

The best thing about how this club is run is that anyone who wants to stay and is under contract can do. It may sound like waste of money but it sends out a very important message to new signings. When we give you a four contract, we promise to honour it. In return we do not expect you to jump at the first better offer that comes along

alex_crook: Am told #saintsfc are not interested in Bueno. Sounds like his agent, same one as Ramirez, is touting him around #transfers

alex_crook: Wanyama now appears to be #saintsfc top target #transfers

alex_crook: I think Banega is still a target but Wanyama more likely #saintsfc #transfers

alex_crook: Am told #saintsfc are not interested in Bueno. Sounds like his agent, same one as Ramirez, is touting him around #transfers

alex_crook: I think Banega is still a target but Wanyama more likely #saintsfc #transfers

Probably close to the truth. But then one question remains.....what wingers are we looking at?

Stoch has been mentioned, anyone else...?

The best thing about how this club is run is that anyone who wants to stay and is under contract can do. It may sound like waste of money but it sends out a very important message to new signings. When we give you a four contract, we promise to honour it. In return we do not expect you to jump at the first better offer that comes along
What do you mean we promise to honour it? We don't have a choice, it's a contract.

Hope Wanyama isn't our top target - strong and tidy but lacks that willingness to drive forward with the ball a la Viera or Toure to make him a top CM.