Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Hmm.... unnamed Premier League club spending big money on an Italian striker. May be nothing but... Anyone got a funny feeling?

SkySportsNews: Sky sources: Udinese reject £8m bid from an unnamed Premier League club for Matej Vydra #SSN

Hull City i reckon, having come up from the league he played in last season, i reckon they will be after him. Already offered similar amount for Hooper.

These lazy lying scumbag journos are driving me mad, I wish they weren't so lazy and didn't make stuff up so much. It's very confusing.

the thing to remember is they dont care about us, all they want is for people to read their story, so they the lazy scumbags lie to make this happen.

alex_crook: @MatthewLeGod Lovren was £8.5m rising with add-ons, I expect MP to go for Verdu on a free. That leaves £14m for around 3 more signings

Thought that one was dead?

If Verdu is free then that leaves us £21.5m actually.

alex_crook: @MatthewLeGod Lovren was £8.5m rising with add-ons, I expect MP to go for Verdu on a free. That leaves £14m for around 3 more signings

I don't think this guy knows what he is talking about. And Alex Crook knows FA as well! :lol:

a third of what lazy, lying scumbag journos claim is out budget FFS

You remind me of the Action Man I had as a kid. Pull the string on his back and he'd repeat one of six recorded statements. Do you have the little lever on the back of your head that makes your eyes move from side to side?

Edited by mulletsaint

I see MLG doesnt leave his arguements over nothing purely to SWF, nice to see he is branching out

signed for Olympiakos to play in the CL. shi*t club but when you're in the CL your crapness doesn't matter especially with older players on free transfers.

I see MLG doesnt leave his arguements over nothing purely to SWF, nice to see he is branching out

I'll get the press to understand Shaw isn't leaving this summer and is signing a long term deal next month! :)

The daftest suggestion that we'd sell Shaw for £10m this summer and then loan him back for a year. What benefit do Saints gain from that? They'd be better off keeping him for a season, watching his value grow and then sell him. Not that I think Cortese would want to do that.

I do think we'll keep Shaw for longer than we kept Walcott and Bale due to Premier League status and the owners actually trying to compete towards the top of the league with other signings. Eventually Shaw will leave for a bigger club, but we are in a good position at the moment to keep him happy.

I'll get the press to understand Shaw isn't leaving this summer and is signing a long term deal next month! :)

The daftest suggestion that we'd sell Shaw for £10m this summer and then loan him back for a year. What benefit do Saints gain from that? They'd be better off keeping him for a season, watching his value grow and then sell him. Not that I think Cortese would want to do that.

I do think we'll keep Shaw for longer than we kept Walcott and Bale due to Premier League status and the owners actually trying to compete towards the top of the league with other signings. Eventually Shaw will leave for a bigger club, but we are in a good position at the moment to keep him happy.

I along with many of the staff at St Marys am very hopeful that he will sign, but keyword here is hopeful. It isnt a guarantee by any means. Just because he has stated intention it can still be taken to tribunal if he wanted to leave.

Plus there has been plenty of interest in the boy, personally I dont see him as better than Bale at his age, they are different players, Shaw is more bridge than bale IMO but still a fee of 10m plus being loaned back would certainly be appealing if it were to look as though a tribunal fee was the only other option.

Your not going to get them to wise up either, like all journos and in fact mist people with a few connections into the game (it wouldnt actually surprise me if you did yourself) we all hear snippets, rumours and things that may never get into the open air. Some of us say nothing, some will repeat it and others exagerate in order to make themselves more interesting.

Ill let you work out which one is a more likely path for journalists

I along with many of the staff at St Marys am very hopeful that he will sign, but keyword here is hopeful. It isnt a guarantee by any means. Just because he has stated intention it can still be taken to tribunal if he wanted to leave.

Plus there has been plenty of interest in the boy, personally I dont see him as better than Bale at his age, they are different players, Shaw is more bridge than bale IMO but still a fee of 10m plus being loaned back would certainly be appealing if it were to look as though a tribunal fee was the only other option.

Your not going to get them to wise up either, like all journos and in fact mist people with a few connections into the game (it wouldnt actually surprise me if you did yourself) we all hear snippets, rumours and things that may never get into the open air. Some of us say nothing, some will repeat it and others exagerate in order to make themselves more interesting.

Ill let you work out which one is a more likely path for journalists

Shaw has two years remaining on a professional contract. He can't just leave now for a fee agreed at tribunal.

I along with many of the staff at St Marys am very hopeful that he will sign

yo smirks is u working at st mary's? That must give good insider knowledge! I would vote for u to be new FM Researcher, if they ever needed a new researcher, say if existing researcher had mental breakdown or something.

You won't get the press to understand, as they probably couldn't care less about your opinion.

Well I've just had a conversation with a Guardian journalist about it.

Congratulations.

I have conversations with journalists too, nearly all of them rightly or wrongly think he'll be off.

I personally think he'll stay, but i'll be worried until the contract is officially signed.

Congratulations.

I have conversations with journalists too, nearly all of them rightly or wrongly think he'll be off.

I personally think he'll stay, but i'll be worried until the contract is officially signed.

Less then a month to go now.

What's the big deal with him? When I saw him a few times for Watford he was average at best. Why don't Udinese want him?

I haven't seen a lot of him but he looks a decent prospect to me. For a 20 year old playing his first season in English football to get 24 goals is one heck of an achievement.

We payed £7m for JRod after a similar season but he was 3 years older and had been playing in England his whole career. I'd say £8m is probably a reasonable enough fee for Vydra.

yo smirks is u working at st mary's? That must give good insider knowledge! I would vote for u to be new FM Researcher, if they ever needed a new researcher, say if existing researcher had mental breakdown or something.

Cheers bear, not sure whats making me more emotional, your acceptance or the thought of not having to change all the attributes on the editor everytime

I dont work at st marys btw

There's no way Vydra is an 8 million pound striker.

probably, but folks do like to tattle and the price goes up the longer the tattle goes on. Now if you were a Watford fan you'd probably think him worth about 400 million but that you should be able to sign him for 500K.

If this was tweeted today think it shows how little this Alex Crook knows since Verdu went to Olympiakos 2 or 3 days ago

loads of people booed him. SAme with Guly, any surprises his form went to pot last season when he became the whipping boy.

Dowie got plenty of abuse when he first signed. I even remember his name being booed when it was announced over the tannoy after he'd scored. Didn't affect him though, as while he didn't necessarily start playing any better he won most people over with his hard work and winning of free kicks/penalties for Matty to score from.

Dowie got plenty of abuse when he first signed. I even remember his name being booed when it was announced over the tannoy after he'd scored. Didn't affect him though, as while he didn't necessarily start playing any better he won most people over with his hard work and winning of free kicks/penalties for Matty to score from.

Dowie would have been used to getting abuse looking like that.

So the booing was nothing to do with his ability, just that sections of the crowd weren't aesthetically happy with his face?

no, i'm saying he'd be used to being abused so a few dinlows inside a football stadium wont effect him. Other players might not be so thick skinned.

Hearts have gone into administration. Any players we might want. ;)

The only player we might consider is Danny Wilson, a 21 year old right back, just signed from Liverpool. Will have probably taken a £1-2k pw contract at Hearts and they can't register him so would be cheap. Not sure if he would be good enough but worth a shout value wise just to take a look as back up to Clyne. But he will probably want first team football, hence why he left Liverpool.

The only player we might consider is Danny Wilson, a 21 year old right back, just signed from Liverpool. Will have probably taken a £1-2k pw contract at Hearts and they can't register him so would be cheap. Not sure if he would be good enough but worth a shout value wise just to take a look as back up to Clyne. But he will probably want first team football, hence why he left Liverpool.

he's a left-footed centre-back.....

Forget the "cover for players"....we will only buy players that are good enough to compete in the first team. We are looking for players that will make those who are regulars have strong reason to up their game. All players have been told not to expect automatic selection....ALL PLAYERS. We are looking upwards, not sidewards or cover!!

Forget the "cover for players"....we will only buy players that are good enough to compete in the first team. We are looking for players that will make those who are regulars have strong reason to up their game. All players have been told not to expect automatic selection....ALL PLAYERS. We are looking upwards, not sidewards or cover!!

You sound ITK. Do you work for SFC?

Good on FM, though I thought he left Liverpool for not being good enough to challenge the first team....

Agree with most of that. The success of the likes of Chelsea and Man.Utd is that they've been able to field a side and leave the likes of Torres ....or Rooney on the bench......

if Saints are to be competative in the Prem. then we must be able to "rest" players (whoever they are).... if they're not performing 100%.

alex_crook: Sounds like Verdu is off to Olympiacos, suggesting Banega is #saintsfc 's preferred option. Verdu's age will have counted against him w/ NC

Lol, making it up as he goes along

Edited by JoeShmoe