Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Ludovic 'Lamine' Sane also linked. Defensive midfielder that can also play CB. Would fit the bill of the type of player we are looking for.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/8781672/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

going to West Ham, don't know where they scrape up this crap. Anyway, bloke's got a string of motoring offences behind him

and looks like a bit of a knob so definitely someone we can do without on a moral basis at least.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Smalling would be a great signing. I think he is an underrated player and the fact that he can play right back to a decent level kills two birds with one stone as we have no cover there unless Chambers is deemed capable (before anyone mentions Yoshi, he is gash at full back).

It would leave us with some serious competition at centre back, even if Fonte and Jos leave: Yoshi, Lovren, Forren, Smalling.

I can't see it happening though, for some reason.

The person Murray Groves on twitter announced on twitter that Stuart Pearce will not get him contract renewed 20 minutes before everyone else did.

He's the only one that has said that we have agreed a price of 9m for Ever Badega a day ago.

Maybe this guy knows his stuff?

The person Murray Groves on twitter announced on twitter that Stuart Pearce will not get him contract renewed 20 minutes before everyone else did.

He's the only one that has said that we have agreed a price of 9m for Ever Badega a day ago.

I knew Stuart Pearce wouldn't have his contract renewed as soon as we went out of the U21 tournament in Israel, to be fair :p

going to West Ham, don't know where they scrape up this crap. Anyway, bloke's got a string of motoring offences behind him

and looks like a bit of a knob so definitely someone we can do without on a moral basis at least.

I cant see him going to WHU either tbh, the little money they do have is tied up in overpaying Carroll (who at 15m and 40k a week I would say is a decent signing)

They seem to say they are in for everyo e in order to appease the fans

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 7m

I understand there is no truth in reports that #SaintsFC are close to agreeing an £8million deal for Gonzalo Bueno. Agent playing games.

Lazy lying scumbag journo etc.

John Cross broke the story 1st, I believe.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 7m

I understand there is no truth in reports that #SaintsFC are close to agreeing an £8million deal for Gonzalo Bueno. Agent playing games.

And what would he know about our transfer activity?

I cant see him going to WHU either tbh, the little money they do have is tied up in overpaying Carroll (who at 15m and 40k a week I would say is a decent signing)

They seem to say they are in for everyo e in order to appease the fans

West Ham have all the money they need, anyway Sané won't cost very much, mainly because he's nothing special, not the sort of player Saints would engage in a million years. French football is rubbish, all the good young talent is sucked out of it by the time they're 19 or 20, PSG then pay a king's ransom to buy it back.

I think he's ok at the job he does, but how that kind of player is sought after enough to even consider that kind of wage is just awful.

He isnt a footballer but unfortunately football in this country can accomodate a player such as him, he is big, strong, has a decent shot on him, isnt slow and is an absolute handful.

I hate watching him play but by christ Id hate to play against him. Pretty much the reason that England played Heskey for so long is because of what he does, cause havoc.

He is a better all round player than Emile, but no, he probably isnt worth 100k a week or the 30 and then 20 million fees paid for him

Anything in the Echo story about Slovakian left-sided winger Miroslav Stoch? Sounds more like a war criminal than a footballer but can't help his name. Doesn't seem to have set the world alight recently, but we do need a fast, tricky, wide player.

West Ham have all the money they need, anyway Sané won't cost very much, mainly because he's nothing special, not the sort of player Saints would engage in a million years. French football is rubbish, all the good young talent is sucked out of it by the time they're 19 or 20, PSG then pay a king's ransom to buy it back.

I must admit, I am not a massive expert on the french league, I thought he had a reasonable name for himself in previous years, there are definately a few younger players Id have a look at but as you say considering that Monaco or PSG hoover up or generally turn the heads of most of them its probably better looking elsewhere

As per WHU, I thought they were racked with debt ? Plus S&G are hardly swimming in cash.

Southampton kit unveiling will come with two new signings to model the new adidas strip. Likely to be Hooper, to provide competition up front with Ricky Lambert. As well as Ever Banega to provide competition/replacement for Cork in centre midfield.

I must admit, I am not a massive expert on the french league, I thought he had a reasonable name for himself in previous years, there are definately a few younger players Id have a look at but as you say considering that Monaco or PSG hoover up or generally turn the heads of most of them its probably better looking elsewhere

As per WHU, I thought they were racked with debt ? Plus S&G are hardly swimming in cash.

debt is merely an accounting notion where PL football clubs are concerned. Future revenues can always be mortgaged for whatever you need. West Ham probably like everyone and his dog to think they're skint. Anyway Sané will cost them less than 4 million, peanuts,

Southampton kit unveiling will come with two new signings to model the new adidas strip. Likely to be Hooper, to provide competition up front with Ricky Lambert. As well as Ever Banega to provide competition/replacement for Cork in centre midfield.

can we please stop with all this Hooper bollix, he isn't good enough for us.

Source?

Source?

source ? Bollix bee in the bonnet idea that Hooper is a PL striker to be signed at all costs....he isn't.... if he were West Ham would have signed him by now. Don't forget the "rumour" that was going around a couple of weeks back that Torres was our fall back option :rolleyes:

Edited by Window Cleaner

let him proove himself elsewhere, to me he's just a goleador in a micky mouse league, probably a Championship level striker, I have no faith whatsoever in Scottish football.

Nor do I buy he was decent in champ, decent in scottish football, decent in CL and has a bit more about his game then just goals.

As I said before, dependant on options he isnt worth the risk BUT at 5m or so I think its a decent gamble

Nor do I buy he was decent in champ, decent in scottish football, decent in CL and has a bit more about his game then just goals.

As I said before, dependant on options he isnt worth the risk BUT at 5m or so I think its a decent gamble

he was decent in the Championship what 4 years ago, football has moved on since then. To evaluate Scottish football you only have to look at Higdon, average and then suddenly he scores about 40 goals in a season. Once Rangers were kicked out the SPL became a void.

Edited by Window Cleaner

he was decent in the Championship what 4 years ago, football has moved on since then.

Tbf since then he has scored a lot of goals, won several domestic honours and played in the Champions League. You might not rate Scottish football, but that doesn't mean that the outstanding performers in that league are any worse as players. Put Messi in the Albanian Third Division, does that make him a bad player?

he was decent in the Championship what 4 years ago, football has moved on since then. To evaluate Scottish football you only have to look at Higdon, average and then suddenly he scores about 40 goals in a season. Once Rangers were kicked out the SPL became a void.

His goals per game in the Championship are only a little bit behind Lambert's (0.54 to 0.6), and that was with a 20th finishing S****horpe side? He also outscored Billy Sharp and Andy Carroll that season, and we all know what happened to them?

I've got to agree. The last thing we need is a player with motoring convictions.