Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

I´ve said it for a while that Osvaldo would be my dream signing. (if you look at players that might be in reach for us now).

Fantastic striker that scores all types of goals. A bit of a nutcase yes but many players of that level are and when he played under MP in Espanyol there were never any problems at all.

But as some of you´ve said, he probably dont want to come here at the moment.

£15m would be a fair price for him and very good business for us IMO.

The Italian daily Il Tempo reporting today that Saints are willing to offer Roma €20m for Pablo Osvaldo.

Following Roma as my 'foreign team' as I do I'm quite close to all of the news reported about the club, and I think Roma would be certain to accept such an offer, they are looking for between €15-20m for him. Big question is whether Osvaldo would want to come here. I think probably not, there'd be plenty of teams playing CL football out there that I think he'd probably prefer to sit it out and wait for them to make offers to Roma for him. Then again, maybe Cortese can work his magic and convince him to come.

His personality is a huge issue, but I am not sure how much that has been down to the atmosphere in Rome affecting his temperament, and perhaps the more serene atmosphere in this country compared to Italy and Rome would help to change that stinking personality of his. The majority of fans in Rome hate him and want rid, despite a goal scoring record of 27 goals in 55 games for the club, a goal every other game. Says a lot about how bad is personality is, if he is so disliked despite a very good goal scoring record.

Footballing wise, he'd be an absolutely brilliant signing, having watched him 50+ times for Roma over the past 2 seasons, on his day he is IMO one of the best strikers in Europe but that is the problem, if he is having an off day or simply looks like he can't be bothered then he is a real pain in the arse. He's got everything you'd want from a modern day forward though, great physique, strength, power, good technical ability, scores all sorts of goals from headers to overhead bycicle kicks.

As I have said before on this thread, I'd be hugely surprised if it happened and I still consider it very unlikely. My bet is he'll go to Atletico Madrid, or maybe Spurs now that Franco Baldini (ex Roma DG) is now there.

The bloke sounds like an utter nightmare and not worth 20m euros, plus he doesn't seem particularly keen to join us.

He sounds like an absolute fruit and nut case - no thanks wouldn't take him on a free.

On the face of it yes - the signing would either be a stroke of genius or a complete disaster - I am not sure that there would be any shades of grey.

Osvaldo is VERY high maintenance. I think his attitude issues would prejudice the team "feel" myself, much as I'd love a player of his undoubted higher level than what we've currently got, to join us. Put it this way, if he stays at Roma, doesn't get injured and keeps his nose clean he will very likely go to the World Cup as back up striker/alternate to Balotelli, or even alongside him.

A goal every other game in La Liga for Espanyol and for Roma in Seria A( 44 goals in 99 appearances last two years)and neither of whom are current powerhouses in their respective leagues says this is a proper number 9. Its obvious why he is associated with us (his ex manager was Mopo),but I'd still worry if he came. The only upside is that if he wasn't such high maintenance there is no way on earth we could get him for around $15m. He scores 15 goals for saints next season and a superpower team will pay double that straight away for him...it might be a financial rather than a truly footballing decision- like spotting an opportunity to do up an unloved house and sell it on at a profit...

Osvaldo is VERY high maintenance. I think his attitude issues would prejudice the team "feel" myself, much as I'd love a player of his undoubted higher level than what we've currently got, to join us. Put it this way, if he stays at Roma, doesn't get injured and keeps his nose clean he will very likely go to the World Cup as back up striker/alternate to Balotelli, or even alongside him.

A goal every other game in La Liga for Espanyol and for Roma in Seria A( 44 goals in 99 appearances last two years)and neither of whom are current powerhouses in their respective leagues says this is a proper number 9. Its obvious why he is associated with us (his ex manager was Mopo),but I'd still worry if he came. The only upside is that if he wasn't such high maintenance there is no way on earth we could get him for around $15m. He scores 15 goals for saints next season and a superpower team will pay double that straight away for him...it might be a financial rather than a truly footballing decision- like spotting an opportunity to do up an unloved house and sell it on at a profit...

He could easily get injured or have a strop early doors and sit moping around the whole season destroying team spirit. No thanks.

The bloke sounds like an utter nightmare and not worth 20m euros, plus he doesn't seem particularly keen to join us.

Ability wise, he is definitely worth that amount. He has been a nightmare at Roma but still managed a goal every other game. Also,I have not been able to find any reports of him causing problems at Espanyol or Fiorentina before that, so it could just be Roma. As I said, the atmosphere in Rome is like no other city when it comes to football, the intensity and scrutiny is extreme on the team and it's players. I'll be interested to see how he behaves away from Roma, whether it be here or elsewhere.

On the plus side, the premier league has been a bit of a refuge for players like Osvaldo -think Di Canio, Cantona etc.

There's something rawer, more honest and welcoming about English football culture that's always been attractive to misfits and miscreants.

The only upside is that if he wasn't such high maintenance there is no way on earth we could get him for around $15m.

Precisely, his emotional issues are the only reason we could even consider a player of his ability, the guy is nailed on champions league standard.

If MP could buck the odds and coax him to come here I think he'd move on within 1-2 years like Tevez did at West Ham.

If he was a success SFC would trouser a decent amount and would have had the services of a top class striker to boot.

Alternativley if he blew up we'd have an expensive 'want away' striker on our hands.

It's MP's judgement call but it's still amazing to think that the club are even considering it.

Get the f**ker in , sort him out, and watch him flourish. I dont think NC or MoPo will shy away from an undoubted talent because he's a stroppy git - Remember 'Mad dog' Boruc - isn't he just a puppy these days - and Ossie would soom calm down in the delights of the New Forest - al-fresco crapping with Punch, and jet-skiing over the crystal blue waters of Lepe Beach - what more could a centre forward want?

It's MP's judgement call but it's still amazing to think that the club are even considering it.

Are the club considering it though, or are a load of made up twitter "agents" and "journalists" considering it? Apologies if I've missed an article where we've made a bid.

Loving the quality of the players Saints are getting linked to - just hope we do actually sign some of them and its not just paper talk. This is all doing no good for my blood pressure.

I don't know much about Osvaldo' date=' but were the character 'issues' also present during his time at Espanyol under Pochettino?[/quote']

None reported at least, same at Fiorentina.

Only issues seems to have been now at Roma which is a place full of egos.....only need to mention Totti I think.... :)

I think the club use one or more black Chrysler Voyagers for transport and you often see one sat outside the front of the stadium.

There was one outside the day before Lovren signed, and also one outside this morning.....

Stoch will be next IMHO.

Has anyone heard of or seem this guy before this week? One of our members must have watched every Turkish league game this season.

I've only just heard of him but he is now in my top 5 dream transfers and would be a real signing of intent.

Has anyone heard of or seem this guy before this week? One of our members must have watched every Turkish league game this season.

I saw him in the lord of the rings, he lived in the same village as those baggins numpties.

Edited by Convict Colony
stupid double post

I'd certainly heard of him.

But that was mainly due to the earlier FM games. Think anyone who trawled through the Premier league reserve sides for loan signings would've remembered of him from his Chelsea days.

I'd certainly heard of him.

But that was mainly due to the earlier FM games. Think anyone who trawled through the Premier league reserve sides for loan signings would've remembered of him from his Chelsea days.

what are his all important FM Stats?

I saw him play once for Chelsea's U18 side against us. I don't remember him much.

Naturally this means I am a fountain of knowledge by SaintsWeb standards and must recommend we sign him immediately, he's one for the future, hungry, has a Champions League pedigree and CDAJFU.

He's quality on FM in about 2015/2016, stupid number of assists from being pace and crossing with a decent amount of strength...

I can confirm we are not signing the french football player currently on holiday in the seychelles as he is here and doesn't look like he is on the phone to his agent much. He is french as he looks french because he is wearing green speedo's and how do I know he is a football player, his missus is much fitter than him. Green Speedo's = Saint Etiennne non ?

I can confirm we are not signing the french football player currently on holiday in the seychelles as he is here and doesn't look like he is on the phone to his agent much. He is french as he looks french because he is wearing green speedo's and how do I know he is a football player, his missus is much fitter than him. Green Speedo's = Saint Etiennne non ?

Green Speedos = French soccerballist of Algerian discent. Is he wearing Beats wireless headphones and carrying a small holdall? If so then this would indicate he has an attidute problem and should be avoided.

Sorry mate, poor form from me.

Pretty exciting though!

Why are you trying to pretend that Glasgow (aka original Bournemouth saint) is anything other than a wum who pretends to be itk? Anyone who has been on here for longer than five minutes knows this as he does it every year.

Green Speedos = French soccerballist of Algerian discent. Is he wearing Beats wireless headphones and carrying a small holdall? If so then this would indicate he has an attidute problem and should be avoided.

Racist - next thing you'll be saying that no player in the history of the game called jermaine has had a triffic attitude ;)