Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Steady on. Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Swansea all much better footballing prospects. Spurs and Liverpool financially competitive. Villa and Newcastle bigger clubs.

Swansea maybe, but we are more attractive than Spurs, Everton, Liverpool because of our ambition and history of bringing through young players

Villa are similar size to us, but skint, NEWCASTLE are a laughing stock

Swansea maybe, but we are more attractive than Spurs, Everton, Liverpool because of our ambition and history of bringing through young players

I suspect you're trolling. If not...our 'ambition' is to be competing for top 6 in a couple of years - Spurs, Everton and Liverpool are already there. Hernandez isn't a young player that needs to be brought through, either.

Current state of the team/club I'd rate us above Villa and Newcastle but historically there's no contest. Those things can be important to players moving to England.

I suspect you're trolling. If not...our 'ambition' is to be competing for top 6 in a couple of years - Spurs, Everton and Liverpool are already there. Hernandez isn't a young player that needs to be brought through, either.

Current state of the team/club I'd rate us above Villa and Newcastle but historically there's no contest. Those things can be important to players moving to England.

I think money is more imprtant than history.

I think we are the new Chelsea and players will want to be part of he "project" from the start

I think money is more imprtant than history.

I think we are the new Chelsea and players will want to be part of he "project" from the start

I agree, but to claim we're more attractive than Spurs or Liverpool is ludicrous. They have money, and they don't need to be ambitious because they're already there. There are two reasons we're signing Spurs and Liverpool targets ahead of them - one is we're offering more money than they're willing to and the other is that we can offer more playing time.. Both applied to Ramirez, as an example.

I agree, but to claim we're more attractive than Spurs or Liverpool is ludicrous. They have money, and they don't need to be ambitious because they're already there. There are two reasons we're signing Spurs and Liverpool targets ahead of them - one is we're offering more money than they're willing to and the other is that we can offer more playing time.. Both applied to Ramirez, as an example.

Think Ramirez will shine next season. Just needed a season to settle in imho

Agree with you on Spurs and Liverpool

If Saints sign Victor Wanyama, I dare Glasgow Saint to take a photo of himself wearing a Southampton shirt with Wanyama on the back whilst stood outside Celtic Park on a matchday.

Bruce Willis in Die Hard: with a Vengeance stylee.

I would do this for you mate.

That's just been dragged from goal.com article I think

This one could drag on and perhaps Cortese will lose his patience. Wanyama will obviously want to go for the best personal offer as he has no particular allegiance to any club. Of course Celtic won't want to accept a lower transfer fee.

This is why I respect dig dog. A main board poster with a subtle sense of humour. Does a lot of charity work being St Charlie's carer as well. Plus 1 rep points diggers.

Cheers tokes, it's hard work keeping Saint Charlie in check. You will notice that he hasn't been active much over the last week or so. He took a secondment to build up his random saints player picture library. The worst thing I ever did was show him how to add pictures to posts

:facepalm:

http://www.laseleccion.com.uy/es/component/k2/item/367-seria-bueno-el-pase

The future of Gonzalo Bueno

The Southampton bid for Gonzalo Bueno and could leave for England as soon as you finish the U20 World Championship in Turkey.

The team which militates Gaston Ramirez seeks to reinforce its front and frowns youth incorporating U20 striker, Gonzalo Bueno.

Several British media say Atletico Nacional have offered the tempting offer of 8 million pounds (just over 12:000.000 dollars).

Good example and has tremendous potential for the future. Integra sub 20 campus Uruguayan National Team will play the World Cup in Turkey which starts on June 21.

Then again, I'm sure Alex Crook already knows this.

I'm sure he will!

We have to move quick if we want this tied up though as Inter are sniffing around. Actually, more than sniffing - whatever that is.

Alex Crook: Being told that Inter Milan are 'snorting around' Gonzalo Bueno, bid expected #saintsfc

He does....soon.... :)

Tough choice tonight, watch Bueno or JWP....

I think one starts an hour before the other, so it's possible you'll be able to see 45 mins of him if you want to watch JWP play.

Curious to see this guy play, know a couple of people who follow SA football and they think the money being talked about him is far too high. Say he's quick and a natural finisher but his crossing is terrible and he rarely looks up before playing the final ball.

I think one starts an hour before the other, so it's possible you'll be able to see 45 mins of him if you want to watch JWP play.

Curious to see this guy play, know a couple of people who follow SA football and they think the money being talked about him is far too high. Say he's quick and a natural finisher but his crossing is terrible and he rarely looks up before playing the final ball.

Hmm I see that´s correct. I only looked at the tv schedule and here in Sweden the games are shown the same time on Eurosport 1 & 2.

Well I´ll be watching Uruguay then and 2nd half of the England game. :)

TBH Lukaku was possibly the opposition player that impressed me most at SMS last season. Would love to see him in a Saints shirt.

I think Lukaku cost Chelsea £17m before he'd even kicked a ball in the premier league. I suspect he wouldn't be sold for anything less than £25m now.