Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

It is off the pitch, completely different to on it where his attitude is exemplary.

Odd bloke Tevez.

Not really applicable if he's not on the pitch, but on the golf course due to his bad attitude and is refusing to play or angling for a move elsewhere or a pay rise etc.....

I think he's a bit misunderstood to be fair. I can't imagine Mancini is a very good man motivator. And it's hardly a place to prosper Man City with so many egos.

He was great at Man Utd and never had any problems there. Yes, he's a bit rough round the edges but he'd be an asset to any side in the world IMO. As long as he is playing regularly I don't think there would be any problems off the pitch.

I think he's a bit misunderstood to be fair. I can't imagine Mancini is a very good man motivator. And it's hardly a place to prosper Man City with so many egos.

He was great at Man Utd and never had any problems there. Yes, he's a bit rough round the edges but he'd be an asset to any side in the world IMO. As long as he is playing regularly I don't think there would be any problems off the pitch.

Never had any problems at Man Utd? How did he move to City? Misunderstood? In what way? Aguero doesn't seem to have had a problem being understood.

Never had any problems at Man Utd? How did he move to City? Misunderstood? In what way? Aguero doesn't seem to have had a problem being understood.

Man Utd never showed that much willingness to keep him IMO. I never said he was completely innocent, and he obviously is a little bit of a money grabber, but he is still at top player and as long as he was playing every week I don't think he would cause too many problems.

Man Utd never showed that much willingness to keep him IMO. I never said he was completely innocent, and he obviously is a little bit of a money grabber, but he is still at top player and as long as he was playing every week I don't think he would cause too many problems.
But if he doesn't play every week he will cause problems, hence why his attitude is so bad. No-one is going to disagree that he is a top player ability wise.

But if he doesn't play every week he will cause problems, hence why his attitude is so bad. No-one is going to disagree that he is a top player ability wise.

He gives me the impression that he is one of those players that wants to be the big fish, seems pretty harmless when playing regularly but whenever he is out of the team for an extended period of time he seems to get the itch, the hump and wants to move on

Im still wondering what is going to happen with Lee im not saying hes good or bad but the situation confuses me hes on a big billboard at st mary's and was one of the faces of the kit for the 12/13 season..... just seems strange that they put a "fringe" player on the billboard when we have loads of other players that had played more and been here longer, seemed like he was meant to be more than a fringe player and the same with the kit, was he meant to be a main feature of the club? were we meant to see more of him? was it all just publicity in Asia (if so surely a bigger named player if Asia would have been a better shout, not someone who scored one good goal). It just seems to me like there was always meant to be more from him, but for reasons such as injury and being unsettled he never became. So do we sell him on or keep him..... all seems rather strange.

Im still wondering what is going to happen with Lee im not saying hes good or bad but the situation confuses me hes on a big billboard at st mary's and was one of the faces of the kit for the 12/13 season..... just seems strange that they put a "fringe" player on the billboard when we have loads of other players that had played more and been here longer, seemed like he was meant to be more than a fringe player and the same with the kit, was he meant to be a main feature of the club? were we meant to see more of him? was it all just publicity in Asia (if so surely a bigger named player if Asia would have been a better shout, not someone who scored one good goal). It just seems to me like there was always meant to be more from him, but for reasons such as injury and being unsettled he never became. So do we sell him on or keep him..... all seems rather strange.

He wasn't very good and it was all publicity for Japanese fans, which we don't need now because of Yoshida.

Transfer Leaker@TransferLeaker5h

Germany and Bayern Munich forward Mario Gomez will fly in to Southampton tomorrow for a medical after an £5m deal was agreed.

Read some of his other tweets...

Transfer Leaker ‏@TransferLeaker 23 Jun

Sunderland's Lee Cattermole will join Chelsea this summer after being told he is not part of Paolo Di Canio's plans.

Transfer Leaker ‏@TransferLeaker 25 Jun

Chelsea will sign Leicester's Jermaine Beckford for £5m tomorrow with the striker set to sign a two-year deal.

Transfer Leaker ‏@TransferLeaker 16h

Sunderland's Stéphane Sessègnon will have a medical at Real Madrid tomorrow ahead of a £22m deal.

Transfer Leaker ‏@TransferLeaker 48m

PSG & Monaco are fighting it out for QPR striker Djibril Cisse. Both clubs have all made bids in excess of £20m.

Sunderland's Lee Cattermole will join Chelsea this summer after being told he is not part of Paolo Di Canio's plans.

Chelsea will sign Leicester's Jermaine Beckford for £5m tomorrow with the striker set to sign a two-year deal.

Sunderland's Stéphane Sessègnon will have a medical at Real Madrid tomorrow ahead of a £22m deal.

PSG & Monaco are fighting it out for QPR striker Djibril Cisse. Both clubs have all made bids in excess of £20m.

Don't know about him BBB, he's got Jermaine Beckford signing for Chelski. ;)

Oh damn and here was me going to be camping out at Soton airport on Gomez watch, will he fly in with Bierhoff do you think??

Interesting how many people are crying out for Billy Sharp but writing off Tadanari Lee. Let's not forget that Lee was keeping Sharp out of the team until he got injured.

Neither are good enough for the prem, and not sure whether that was true, or whether NA was just told that he had to play Lee for marketing purposes

None have been proven to be incorrect quite yet.

None have been proven to be incorrect quite yet.

well sort of actually. Louis Nicollin (chairman of montpellier) vetoed signing Djibril Cisse (after it had all been arranged by lesser mortels) on Monday because he wants footballers not blokes who spend their time DJing in nightclubs. So if he was being sought after by PSG or Monaco that wouldn't have happened surely. Don't get many characters like Nicollin in football nowadays, made his money by emptying dustbins.

Friday might well be a very interesting day.

No doubt the clubs plan was a shiny new kit, high profile new sponsor and a couple of 'wow factor' signings. Which would be a great day.

Given what appears to have happened lately, yes, interesting could be the word!!

No doubt the clubs plan was a shiny new kit, high profile new sponsor and a couple of 'wow factor' signings. Which would be a great day.

Given what appears to have happened lately, yes, interesting could be the word!!

You might be right on two out of three of those.

Hola Amigos. Back from my Mexican honeymoon and I'm wondering when the next freaking signing is coming along as I missed the last one! All that excitement of the Lovren transfer...gone. I'd have traded Mexican paradise for that. (Maybe not.)

Reading through other transfers from other teams, others that stick out in England are:

Royston Drenthe to Reading - cracking signing that - and Bridge too - Adkins could do well there.

Dale Jennings to Barnsley - another class signing, and cheap too.

Curtis Davis to Hull - will be solid for them

Elliot Ward to Bournemouth - wasn't long ago we nearly signed him - spooky when you think about it.

Olly Lancashire to Rochdale - lol

and of course

Dejan Lovren to Saints! (I had to read a bit about him, but I'm now convinced this is a good signing in an area that needed strenghtening.)

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&u=http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/mercato-no-stop-indiscrezioni-trattative-e-ufficialita-del-26-giugno-460520

Tuttomercatoweb did an interview with Pablo Bentancur, Ramirez' agent, who also represents Gonzalo Bueno. here are the Saints related bits.

About Ramirez, and the alleged interest from Dortmund

Gaston Ramirez: Borussia Dortmund on him?

"I know that an agent has spoken with the President of Southampton, Cortese. Gaston But he's going to stay another year in England, he wants to redeem himself"

A bit about Bueno and his claim we are interested

Gonzalo Bueno: we will see in Italy?

"It's a very interesting player, who has already had several official proposals. From CSKA Moscow and from Southampton. Nacional asks 8 million Euros have already been rejected some proposals."