Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

IMO anyone who suggests other users should get infracted is a bit of a jizz face.

Can we install a like button just for this post please?

+ 1 reputation points.

That puts you right up there for a mainboard poster

Edited by Tokyo-Saint
forgot rep points.

Man United have bid rejected for Baines

but that cant be right, the resident united fan here said that shaw was their number no.1 summer target

I wonder if they are just playing games or actually want to sign him. They've highlighted the position they want to strengthen and promptly put in a bid about 8 million short of a reasonable valuation of him. Wouldn't be surprised if they ended up using Evra for another season but taking Shaw this summer to ease him into things. Hope this doesn't happen but Ferguson (who will still be making the big decisions) won't want to see Utd miss out on another good young Southampton left back.

By the letter of the law, yes. But Im ok with it as long as he doesn't post another soccer sauce rumour.

then again you could go all semantic and say that a "bit of a jizz face" isn't a jizz face at all. I mean he could be just calling him the nose attached to said jizz face.

Two days to go till July 1st where we shall see if Pochettino was right on bringing in new players by that date or whether he can be officially named Pinnochio. It was a bold prediction and really hope he gets what he wanted. Otherwise, he has to keep his mouth shut and put up with the frustrations encountered by most managers every transfer window

Omg, when will people understand.

MP was aked if he wanted to have signings in at july 1st and he answered that he hoped that. It was never a deadline date for signings.

If you ask 20 managers I can promise you that 19 of them will say the same. And then you still have mr Houdini that wants his transfer window deadline day to (not of course) wheel-and-deal...

Omg, when will people understand.

MP was aked if he wanted to have signings in at july 1st and he answered that he hoped that. It was never a deadline date for signings.

When will people understand? This is an internet football forum where people hear what they want to hear... :)

Two days to go till July 1st where we shall see if Pochettino was right on bringing in new players by that date or whether he can be officially named Pinnochio. It was a bold prediction and really hope he gets what he wanted. Otherwise, he has to keep his mouth shut and put up with the frustrations encountered by most managers every transfer window

3 days.

are you an idiot. he said he hoped for 2 deals to be done by 1st July?

are you an idiot. he said he hoped for 2 deals to be done by 1st July?

And for all we know there still might be.

Remember, Alpine had a meltdown complain nothing was happening and the club's silence was a sign of their shambles just hours before we signed Dejan Lovren and confirmed our pre-season schedule. (Including two fixtures in his backyard....)

I don't think he ever said that though did he?

Correct. He said it was an aspiration. But, as always, people hear what they want to hear.

It's my aspiration to complete 5 things on my 'to do' list today but the chances are I will "fail" to do so. I will come back on here later this evening so people can scoff at my failure.

Edited by trousers

The problem with the transfer market window system is the window is open too long and everyone holds out till the last few days hoping for a better deal! would be better to have the market open for just 2 or 3 weeks then players and agents would have to make up their minds quicker or risk missing out totally! They should also end the window before and not after the seasons start across Europe to allow new players to settle in!

The problem with the transfer market window system is the window is open too long and everyone holds out till the last few days hoping for a better deal! would be better to have the market open for just 2 or 3 weeks then players and agents would have to make up their minds quicker or risk missing out totally! They should also end the window before and not after the seasons start across Europe to allow new players to settle in!

Agree - better idea for the transfer window here:

http://betweenthelinesuk.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/transfer-window-madness-2013/

Transfer Leaker@TransferLeaker5h

Germany and Bayern Munich forward Mario Gomez will fly in to Southampton tomorrow for a medical after an £5m deal was agreed.

Read some of his other tweets...

Transfer Leaker ‏@TransferLeaker 23 Jun

Sunderland's Lee Cattermole will join Chelsea this summer after being told he is not part of Paolo Di Canio's plans.

Transfer Leaker ‏@TransferLeaker 25 Jun

Chelsea will sign Leicester's Jermaine Beckford for £5m tomorrow with the striker set to sign a two-year deal.

Transfer Leaker ‏@TransferLeaker 16h

Sunderland's Stéphane Sessègnon will have a medical at Real Madrid tomorrow ahead of a £22m deal.

Transfer Leaker ‏@TransferLeaker 48m

PSG & Monaco are fighting it out for QPR striker Djibril Cisse. Both clubs have all made bids in excess of £20m.

None have been proven to be incorrect quite yet.

Looks like QPR are missing out on £20m...

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/280613-cisse-departs-884736.aspx

1st of July is just a random day as it's when the players report back to the club. However if we could get the majority of the signings in by the time we set off for our training camp that would be very handy. Given that those who are international duty probably won't attend the start of the camp anyway a few more souls would be handy. I'd suppose that all who aren't part of the first team plans for next season won't be going to Austria and Catalonia either.

1st of July is just a random day as it's when the players report back to the club. However if we could get the majority of the signings in by the time we set off for our training camp that would be very handy. Given that those who are international duty probably won't attend the start of the camp anyway a few more souls would be handy. I'd suppose that all who aren't part of the first team plans for next season won't be going to Austria and Catalonia either.

Agree - thats when the pre season really steps up. Initially it is about fitness and getting back into the swing of training.