Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Yeah that's about the best they can do really otherwise it gets into messy restriction of employment laws. Can't just say 'must have X number of English players', they don't really want to either as the more diverse the league is and the more countries with players playing in it, the more popular it is and easier to sell abroad. The answer is English players actually playing abroad while they develop or in the lower leagues. However, it seems young brits are happy to sit in the reverses at Man Utd or Chelsea.

WTF we can't be allowed to do that over here is beyond me......

Why anybody would actually want that to happen is beyond me. Imagine this league with mainly British players. Jesus, it would be utter dire to watch.

There is no proof what so ever and very limited logic that forcing more English/British players to play would improve our national team.

Not only that, but why everyone is fixated on improving the National side when they play a few times a year rather than watching talented, exciting footballers on a weekly basis is also beyond me.

Why anybody would actually want that to happen is beyond me. Imagine this league with mainly British players. Jesus, it would be utter dire to watch.

There is no proof what so ever and very limited logic that forcing more English/British players to play would improve our national team.

Not only that, but why everyone is fixated on improving the National side when they play a few times a year rather than watching talented, exciting footballers on a weekly basis is also beyond me.

And who is to say that there aren't a lot of talented, exciting British footballers that don't get the chance to show they are talented and exciting because they are stymied by this notion that only foreign players are talented and exciting?

Consistently top 10-15 in the world can't be ****e surely?

Yet I agree besides 1990 perhaps it's never realised the potential of the players available.

its tragic when the national manager thought it would be a good idea to shove scholes out on the left

wouldn't want to mess up a successful gerrard/lampard centre would you? oh

I firmly believe we have the players at U21, U20 and the full team to do and play better than what we currently do.

maybe not huge depth but to play better than we do.

trouble is, we are fixated on who the captain is and how many trophies the national manager won in his career.

many national team managers have not been that special domestically. or, like roy (sadly) just out of touch

@agentuefa @AgentUEFA: Southampton are set to make a bid for Aston Villa frontman Darren Bent #AVFC #saintsfc

doubt it myself - the only characteristic he has that we my like is the fact he was rubbish last season.

Age, attitude, hunger, potential to improve under MP all lacking

I believe they could have done better. A tournament on home soil helps a hell of a lot, yet it's only 2 games that really made it memorable, a fantastic performance v holland, and beating scotland, which you really should be doing regardless. Draws with switzerland, spain and germany weren't too bad, but still, they didn't play consistently well and seemed to use up all their goals in that holland game. Not enough plan B from the bench, and when you've completely ignored MLT in his prime, that's unforgivable, IMO. With that squad and at home a semi final was surely bare minimum? It involves winning one knock out game, which we did on penalties.
We out played the Germans and were unlucky to lose. Ripped apart a pretty decent Dutch team. If we'd been able to take a penalty we'd have won the tournament.

One thing we can be sure of is that the chairman is working incedibly hard behind the scenes to bring the people in. I for one have full confidence in our leader to have the right troops in place at the right time to continue our journey and to make our dreams real.

One thing we can be sure of is that the chairman is working incedibly hard behind the scenes to bring the people in. I for one have full confidence in our leader to have the right troops in place at the right time to continue our journey and to make our dreams real.

I your PMA!!

What a truly toss transfer window this is turning into.

Cardiff showing more hunger than us. Lets face it, a dead anorexic vegertarian shows more hunger than us...

So Cardiff spend £7m+ on a striker and we spend £7m+ on a defender and yet Cardiff are 'hungrier' than us? Sorry, I don't follow that ...

What a truly toss transfer window this is turning into.

Cardiff showing more hunger than us. Lets face it, a dead anorexic vegertarian shows more hunger than us...

Well it wouldn't be a transfer window without Alpine throwing his toys out of the pram. It is just so predictable, from someone who still cannot grasp the basics of the operation of the transfer window. The transfer window officially opened today and now has 2 months to run. We've done as much business incoming as Man Utd this window, and yet they were held up by Alpine as the example to follow last year because they did all of their significant business so early (actually they didn't but why let facts get in the way of a tantrum).

Sky reporting that Swansea have joined race for Thomas Ince.

People on the Cardiff forum getting worked up because of an article linking Wanyama to Liverpool.

Would imagine Swansea would be much more prudent in their contract offer than Cardiff, but Swansea's style would suit Ince much more.

He's got a very good goal scoring record and would be a decent signing. Villa seem desperate to get him off the wage bill so imagine he'd be available at a good price. We could do a lot worse. He'd definitely get goals.

He's got a very good goal scoring record and would be a decent signing. Villa seem desperate to get him off the wage bill so imagine he'd be available at a good price. We could do a lot worse. He'd definitely get goals.

he will get ridiculed on here. that is for sure.

for what reason, I have no idea

a proven premier league goal scorer.

When he's fit and in a team that oesn't want to get rid of him, he's a 15-20 goal striker at PL level

agree with that. and different to what we have. would add pace and penalty box finishing, that is for sure

FWIW I work with a lot of Villa fans and this time last year Bent was to them what Lambert is to us, you wouldn't have found many Villa fans with a bad word about him the only reason they want rid is to get him off the wage bill the same as they have had to or are trying with Given, Dunne, Ireland etc the Villa philosophy is now buy young with cheap wages the problem is for every Benteke there are 2 or 3 De Ridder's

FWIW I work with a lot of Villa fans and this time last year Bent was to them what Lambert is to us, you wouldn't have found many Villa fans with a bad word about him the only reason they want rid is to get him off the wage bill the same as they have had to or are trying with Given, Dunne, Ireland etc the Villa philosophy is now buy young with cheap wages the problem is for every Benteke there are 2 or 3 De Ridder's

True dat...... Lost alot of rep points last season. Still think he's more suited to Newcastle or WHU than us