Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

I haven't trawled through all of the pages but 10 people have probably said this before but I think we can afford Michu at a £12m release clause I believe, he would go well with Rickie and I would love for him to join the Saints. We need another goal scorer and Michu seems a very good choice. Only problem with him is that he screams like a girl when he scores.

I haven't trawled through all of the pages but 10 people have probably said this before but I think we can afford Michu at a £12m release clause I believe, he would go well with Rickie and I would love for him to join the Saints. We need another goal scorer and Michu seems a very good choice. Only problem with him is that he screams like a girl when he scores.

:lol:

remember stood in the Milton. Chris Woods would scream at defenders in a kind of pitch that only dogs knew what he meant

Think Stoke have snapped up a bargain in Muniesa!!!! Great piece of work there

Time will tell I guess, from what I have seen, bags of potential! We must be next with a WOW signing

I wouldn't call a player on a free from Barcelona B a "WOW signing". He may well be a good player (I don't know), but it isn't an awe inspiring signing.

Yeah, totally. Only rubbish like xavi, iniesta, puyol, valdes, messi, Pedro, busquets, bojan, thiago motta, thiago alcantra, giovani and tello have turned out for that crap.

If you go back far enough, they've got a history of producing ineffectual, boring footballers... Guardiola, de la Pena, Sanchez, Amor, carrassco.

And were any of them released from Barcelona B on free transfers? My point was a player released from Barcelona B is not a "WOW signing".

And were any of them released from Barcelona B on free transfers? My point was a player released from Barcelona B is not a "WOW signing".

Man Utd released Pique, and Barca may lose Thiago cheaply, it happens, I know you love the pedantry but sometimes I feel like your frothing at the gash to prove someone wrong.

Man Utd released Pique, and Barca may lose Thiago cheaply, it happens, I know you love the pedantry but sometimes I feel like your frothing at the gash to prove someone wrong.

Neither of those are relevant examples, they weren't released on free because the weren't good enough. I was also saying such a transfer doesn't have the "wow" factor, not that by default being released makes him a bad player. He may well be a good signing for Stoke but that wasn't my point.

Neither of those are relevant examples, they weren't released on free because the weren't good enough. I was also saying such a transfer doesn't have the "wow" factor, not that by default being released makes him a bad player. He may well be a good signing for Stoke but that wasn't my point.

Muniesa hasnt been released as he isnt good enough, unfortunately you cant explain everything within the constraints of game programing.

All i am saying is at times players move on, some want game time over mobey etc

He is a good player and a great free signing

He'll have to overtake Huth and Shawcross in the pecking order which will be difficult.

I don't know the player well at all but if he's in the Catalan mould then you would expect he can play the ball well, which might be what Hughes is looking for.

Marc Muniesa and Erik Pieters are great signings by Stoke - although one is a centre back who can play left back and the others a left back who can play centre back

I'd have been very happy with either of those signings

Another substitute appearance today (13 mins) against Nigeria, Uruguay won 2-1.

Nothing, if anything, will happen until his tournament finishes.

Bloody tournaments. I can see him joining us, young, seemingly gifted, same nationality as Ramirez which might help and all in a position we need more quality in. However even if he does sign after the tournament, he'll need time off before he can pre-season train. Still would be a good acquisition from what I've heard. On here. Which admittedly isn't the be all and end all of knowledge.

I don't know the player well at all but if he's in the Catalan mould then you would expect he can play the ball well, which might be what Hughes is looking for.

Maybe he can't, maybe that's why he's been released by Barcelona.

MLG can be very annoying at times, but at others it's clear that people have a go at him for the sake of having a go at him, as above.

He said it's not a wow signing, which is isn't. Not every player who has played for Barca B is a genius, so Crab Lungs listing great players who have played for them doesn't mean anything.

Pick up on MLG when he's being a pedantic c*nt or dull b*stard, but when he is just making a point (and a decent one at that) don't have a go, as it makes you look more stupid than he.

MLG can be very annoying at times, but at others it's clear that people have a go at him for the sake of having a go at him, as above.

He said it's not a wow signing, which is isn't. Not every player who has played for Barca B is a genius, so Crab Lungs listing great players who have played for them doesn't mean anything.

Pick up on MLG when he's being a pedantic c*nt or dull b*stard, but when he is just making a point (and a decent one at that) don't have a go, as it makes you look more stupid than he.

Yep, He's very much correct Muniesa is not a 'wow' signing. Maybe if he was 17/18 but he's 21 now and hasn't progressed as much as Barca wanted or needed. He may become a good player in the future given some games but I doubt he'd make our first team and I doubt he'll make Stokes to be honest.

Most of his experience is from Spanish second division football. I doubt any centre-back we signed from the championship would be a wow signing.

Jordi Amat, who is the same age and also Spanish is a much better signing IMO for Swansea, they've already got De Guzman back on loan if they get Bony as well they will have a very decent squad next year.

Yep, He's very much correct Muniesa is not a 'wow' signing. Maybe if he was 17/18 but he's 21 now and hasn't progressed as much as Barca wanted or needed. He may become a good player in the future given some games but I doubt he'd make our first team and I doubt he'll make Stokes to be honest.

Most of his experience is from Spanish second division football. I doubt any centre-back we signed from the championship would be a wow signing.

Jordi Amat, who is the same age and also Spanish is a much better signing IMO for Swansea, they've already got De Guzman back on loan if they get Bony as well they will have a very decent squad next year.

But if we had signed Muiniesa, MLG would have been defending the signing to the hilt. Rainman is bit of a homer.

Probably total cr!p but its a slow start to the day... rumors doing the rounds on twitter that wanyama is staying in the Hilton in Chilworth.

Same guy who tweeted the JRod picture last summer?!

I'm in serious Rip Van Winckel territory here.

Following the demise of saintschat I've not looked at any Saints boards in years. It's not changed a bit! Same people trotting out same lines, same trolls, same wind ups, same hysteria as soon as we don't sign anyone for two weeks.

It's leading me to question my perception of reality. Have the past 8 years actually happened? Or are my memories all a fictitious? Am I still a bored student about to get banned for the 100th time by Legg for trolling about how Lowe is god?

Anyway, all good stuff. I like how the "I've PMd a few people who are ITK" still serves to add credence to wind ups. I also like how the plastic fan issue has resurfaced with promotion. A lovely harking back to first season at SMS.

Ha - that was class. It was at the Limehouse and rumour has it he got fired.

Let's hope he continued his career in the hotel trade, and is working at the Chilworth. They guy could become an instant legend.