Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Again, simply not true. That shows a range of style and colour combinations.

No yellow at all on the first kit. So how is it the same style and colour for the "entire history".

Predominantly blue with yellow trim. Just the 'emergency' pre-season kit from when they first formed is very different. That was basically a promotional kit supplied directly from the Sports Interactive shop at the time. Come on MLG, you of all people should know this!!

MK Dons

(slight style changes but generally very similar with the next keeping in line with the last, keeping the identity of the club)

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Milton_Keynes_Dons/Milton_Keynes_Dons.htm

Some of the kits have red on them, some have no red at all. Some have a lot of black, some very little black. So how is that the same style and colours for their entire history?

Some of the kits have red on them, some have no red at all. Some have a lot of black, some very little black. So how is that the same style and colours for their entire history?

Alright big nose - beat this.

Stalybridge Celtic

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Stalybridge_Celtic/Stalybridge_Celtic.htm

OOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH

And this one?

SouthamptonFC: MP: "We're considering two or three players to bring into the team and have total confidence in keeping our valuable players." #saintsfc

bigadamsport: Pochettinho in good form today - #saintsfc boss candid about Wanyama deal, adding that it's the club who'll dictate timing of any signings

SouthamptonFC: MP: "In the press there are a lot of rumours about top-class players being linked with #SaintsFC."

SouthamptonFC: MP: "That shows we're a serious and ambitious club. Unfortunately we don't have space for all the players we've been linked with!" #saintsfc

JonnyFordham: Poch: "The players will come that we think will add to our squad already." #saintsfc

alex_crook: Pochettino: "Southampton has certain principles and values in the way we carry out negotiations set out by the chairman." #saintsfc

Seems to be no rush...

Edited by itchen_dan

SouthamptonFC: MP on transfers: "We have certain positions we want to reinforce. I am confident that our goals will be met." #saintsfc

JonnyFordham: Poch on Wanyama: "It could happen. We have positions we want to reinforce. I'm confident our goals will be met" #saintsfc

SouthamptonFC: MP on transfers: "We have certain positions we want to reinforce. I am confident that our goals will be met." #saintsfc

JonnyFordham: Poch on Wanyama: "It could happen. We have positions we want to reinforce. I'm confident our goals will be met" #saintsfc

Good enough for me.

alex_crook: Pochettino: "I know Ever Banega. He is Argentinian. He plays well. He is a player we are considering." #saintsfc #transfers

Love the fact he is much more open re: targets and transfers. Never understood Adkins' "close to chest" mentality.

alex_crook: Pochettino: "I know Ever Banega. He is Argentinian. He plays well. He is a player we are considering." #saintsfc #transfers

Love the fact he is much more open re: targets and transfers. Never understood Adkins' "close to chest" mentality.

MLG will hate it as he lauded Adkins tight lippedness as it will alert them to our targets.

I wonder what he means by 'managing' information?

Something lost in translation perhaps......"We gather a lot of information"....."We collect a lot of information".....

And I think there is something lost in the translation with all this "I want to congratulate the players"......I think it should be another word there to make more sense in the spanish to english translation......

I thought we loved the fact that our club didn't comment on transfers until they were completed or is that old hat now?

Kevin Strootman.

If we are keen on centre midfield then he would be awesome. Toughtackling, defensive mid.

Age 23. 6ft 1. Even looks like Morgan so it would be like there is two of them on the pitch...

Dutch international, Psv Eindhoven.

Cost: unknown.

Likeliness factor: 2% chance.

I thought we loved the fact that our club didn't comment on transfers until they were completed or is that old hat now?

it's like the brilliant policy we had under Adkins on not revealing injuries as apparently it would give the other team an advantage, not so good now. Seems that that is the philospophy of a clueless grining bumpkin who was out of his depth and talked a load of waffle.

Kevin Strootman.

If we are keen on centre midfield then he would be awesome. Toughtackling, defensive mid.

Age 23. 6ft 1. Even looks like Morgan so it would be like there is two of them on the pitch...

Yes please. But he´s in for bigger clubs now.

We can come back to him in two years time when we´re in CL ;)

it's like the brilliant policy we had under Adkins on not revealing injuries as apparently it would give the other team an advantage, not so good now. Seems that that is the philospophy of a clueless grining bumpkin who was out of his depth and talked a load of waffle.
Right, which approach is the Southampton Way for us to lead on and others to follow?

Interesting choice of words (if reported word for word)... wouldn't we have to be in fairly advanced talks with these players for Pochettino to know that they'd be happy to come to Saints?

d2ceb16562ae0c783637d2bd8fdc9739_normal.jpegBBC Solent Sport@solentsport

Pochettinho on Banega, Osvaldo, & Damiao: "All those players are very good footballers & they'd all be really happy to come to #saintsfc"

Edited by trousers

Kevin Strootman.

less than 2% chance mate, united want him and can't even get him.

One thing that pops to mind though.

No questions about possible wingers....

Seems very much strikers and central midfielders. No full backs also. He may feel for RB we are covered by Clyne, Chambers and then Lovren and Cork's ability to play there. No point blocking Chambers' path.

Out wide we have fewer options though.

Interesting choice of words (if reported word for word)... wouldn't we have to be in fairly advanced talks with these players for Pochettino to know that they'd be happy to come to Saints?

d2ceb16562ae0c783637d2bd8fdc9739_normal.jpegBBC Solent Sport@solentsport

Pochettinho on Banega, Osvaldo, & Damiao: "All those players are very good footballers & they'd all be really happy to come to #saintsfc"

Remotely possible that something may be lost in translation ?

Seems very much strikers and central midfielders. No full backs also. He may feel for RB we are covered by Clyne, Chambers and then Lovren and Cork's ability to play there. No point blocking Chambers' path.

Out wide we have fewer options though.

would you be happy with signed say another top central midfielder and say damiao?

that would mean a window of Lovren, wanyama, Damiao??????

i'd like another, more competent left back to serve as cover for Shaw. one that could be put in the team is he needed a rest and not be a total liability.

I wonder if Targett will have some kind of role next season.

what left back would join, to play 2nd fiddle. to a kid?

i'd like another, more competent left back to serve as cover for Shaw. one that could be put in the team is he needed a rest and not be a total liability.

I wonder if Targett will have some kind of role next season.

just now we have 5 CBs two of which are competent at LB, that should be enough with Shaw and Targett and of course Fox.

less than 2% chance mate, united want him and can't even get him.

Yup less than 2% chance then, but Roma are sniffing around him and think $14m tops will get him - according to Corriero dello sport. If Non-CL, non EL Roma are sniffing anyone then Saints are entitled to have a sniff too :-).

would you be happy with signed say another top central midfielder and say damiao?

that would mean a window of Lovren, wanyama, Damiao??????

Would like a wide player too, but coupled to retaining existing players, if we signed those two plus Lovren we would be much stronger next season.