Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Just spoke to you know who.

- The signing I eluded too was in fact Wanyama (first time I've ever got a name out of him). He wasn’t too sure what’s going on but pointed out how they like to do everything behind the scenes.

- Maurico, Les and Nicola working very hard, expect to see at least one of the players linked to be finalised.

- All the coaching staff big fans of Damiao.

- Lovren was actually signed a few days before it was announced.

- Two session's a day 9am and 5pm : Early pre-season testing was significantly positive compared to last year's pre season's results.

- Calum Chambers & Matty Target to be used in pre-season.

- Kelvin potentially involved with GK coaching ( working on badges)

- Really pleased with his additional year's contract, loves the vibe at the club.

- Staplewood excites him.

The most open and relaxed I've seen him regarding Saints.

Thanks for sharing; appreciate the info.

If a player does not buy into the tactics, training and vision he will not be signed or if he is already part of the squad he will find himself having to move on.

In what sort of context would any of these happen? Just trying to think of example situations.

My contact says Southampton Football club will be unrecognisable at all levels in the next 3 years. There is a real excitement and ambition within the club.

Can you elaborate on what he means by that?

The whole set up, he said.

But what does that actually mean in practice? I appreciate you telling us, but it is still very vague.

But what does that actually mean in practice? I appreciate you telling us, but it is still very vague.
I did not go into detail with him, first because I was called into a discussion with someone else part way through and secondly at dinner we had other thinks to discuss. However. I do not think he was meaning kit. He loved the away kit but was reserving judgement on the home one. He did not think there would be a mass change in players, just few good additions but a big season for many of the first team squad. I think it was more our profile, playing style (we started that last season) and "overall set up".

I have no more knowledge on SMS developments but we all know Cortese's views on that. We know how Staplewood is developing. I think the changes will be driven by these sorts of thing as well as the massive ambition which again has been widely reported.

I did not go into detail with him, first because I was called into a discussion with someone else part way through and secondly at dinner we had other thinks to discuss. However. I do not think he was meaning kit. He loved the away kit but was reserving judgement on the home one. He did not think there would be a mass change in players, just few good additions but a big season for many of the first team squad. I think it was more our profile, playing style (we started that last season) and "overall set up".

I have no more knowledge on SMS developments but we all know Cortese's views on that. We know how Staplewood is developing. I think the changes will be driven by these sorts of thing as well as the massive ambition which again has been widely reported.

Thank you Weston and Monk too. It's really interesting to hear these things and all without even a hint of "look at me, I'm special, I know a secret" billy big ****** attitude.

Me me me..look at me. Interesting that Monk .gave exactly the same info but isn't being slated like you are. Maybe it's not the info that people have an issue with but your attitude and belief that you're something special and like to try and lord it over people. Just a thought mate.

Not intentional mate, just defending myself i suppose.

Think i will stop posting my itk / itl snippets as lots of haters on here. Its a shame

Ive posted 6 or 7 things that have come good and will just quit while im at the top :)

Think i will stop posting my itk / itl snippets as lots of haters on here. Its a shame

Ive posted 6 or 7 things that have come good and will just quit while im at the top :)

just PM me everything, I don't hold you to anything GS.

Ignore 'the haters' Glasgow this is a forum where people can come & post their thoughts whether they are ITK or not that's the idea of forums. For every 1 person that slags you off there are a dozen like me who log on numerous times a day to hear what people have to say. It is up to us to decide whether we should believe or not what each person is saying. I live in the West Midlands and hear more about what's happening at villa then I do about saints and I miss the talk in the pubs & at work so need forums like this and posters like you.

It is obvious that we are building a team capable of surviving in the Premiership. Anything else would be considered a bonus.

My 'yoyo' strategy is still relevant but more in the background.

Yawn, not as good as last season's effort but better than the feeble attempt earlier. Can't wait to hear you repeat this ad nauseum in the coming months.

Yawn, not as good as last season's effort but better than the feeble attempt earlier. Can't wait to hear you repeat this ad nauseum in the coming months.

I think your yo yo strategy is still on with a slight twist i.e the aim is now to yo yo between being in Europe and not!

Don't bother responding and he'll get bored. Just ignore him.

Ignore the vocal minority and their negativity. Keep the updates coming mate.

Last week it was 3 or 4, now its 6 or 7 things - you need to keep on top of your sterling itkery.

Of course, none of your 'snippets' have actually come from you -rather they were already in the public domain and subsequently given the GS spin. Your efforts can be likened to one simpleton trying to convince another bunch of simpletons that night follows day is down to his superior insight and information.

Predictably, whatever fragment of a story might be attributed to you has proven without fail to be wrong. The idea that Wanyama's agent was a stumbling block to any deal was common knowledge -no rep points there. But your suggestion that we were only willing to pay £50,000 when the agent was demanding £500K has been disproved by a variety of media sources. That's the tip of the iceberg of your horse****.

Alas, keep telling others that haters gonna hate. Of course, believers gonna believe.

Edited by shurlock

Last week it was 3 or 4, now its 6 or 7 things - you need to keep on top of your sterling itkery.

Of course, none of your 'snippets' have actually come from you -rather they were already in the public domain and subsequently given the GS spin. Your efforts can be likened to one simpleton trying to convince another bunch of simpletons that night follows day is down to his superior insight and information.

Predictably, whatever fragment of a story might be attributed to you has proven without fail to be wrong. The idea that Wanyama's agent was a stumbling block to any deal was common knowledge -no rep points there. But your suggestion that we were only willing to pay £50,000 when the agent was demanding £500K has been disproved by a variety of media sources. That's the tip of the iceberg of your horse****.

Alas, keep telling others that haters gonna hate. Of course, believers gonna believe.

image.jpg

David McGoldrick has signed a two year deal with Ipswich as well. Decent return of goals when he was on loan to them from Forest last season.

They're after Cyrus Christie from Coventry too. Was quite highly rated when he broke into their first team a few years ago.

Stick with it Glasgow Saint there are plenty of us more than happy to get any sort of info and updates

Why would you want updates from someone who is quite clearly making it up and has done for years?

So you say! As there is little information that comes directly from the club itself, any information is always interesting no matter where it comes from and just adds a bit of spice to the day. believe it or not there are newspapers who derive income from doing nothing more than many posters on this forum and of course we always believe what we read don't we! B

So you say! As there is little information that comes directly from the club itself, any information is always interesting no matter where it comes from and just adds a bit of spice to the day. believe it or not there are newspapers who derive income from doing nothing more than many posters on this forum and of course we always believe what we read don't we! B

Totally agree!! Too many posters on here with personal agendas against individual posters! If you don't like it, don't read it! But to constantly make a point about posts borders on obsessive

Thank god for the ignore button. If only it worked with quotes.

certain posters should be banned for constant trolling, admin needs to wield the axe but it will never happen.

Quite agree. There are too many posters on here who seem to get off on being "characters". Bearsy at least has a certain charm and is quite harmless. Most of the others (we all know who they are) are irritating in the extreme. Mind you, I expect that this is their raison d'etre.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quite agree. There are too many posters on here who seem to get off on being "characters". Bearsy at least has a certain charm and is quite harmless. Most of the others (we all know who they are) are irritating in the extreme. Mind you, I expect that this is their raison d'etre.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

There are a few "characters" that contribute who are able to do it with out ****ing everyone else off, unfortunately there are more that are just trolling ****s intent on playing the big man.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Can you elaborate on what he means by that?

Re "Southampton Football club will be unrecognisable at all levels in the next 3 years "

Yeah .... Cortese will have the team in Blue Shirts, White shorts, and Red socks ... what does he care about Heritage and Tradition

Re "Southampton Football club will be unrecognisable at all levels in the next 3 years "

Yeah .... Cortese will have the team in Blue Shirts, White shorts, and Red socks ... what does he care about Heritage and Tradition

Get over it. It's not as if he's done a Cardiff.

Get over it. It's not as if he's done a Cardiff.

Appealing to the lucrative French market.

And yet still wouldn't suit our high tempo pressing game.

He'd be alright cover to have kicking about if we can't get our mad targets in and don't want to get lumped with a situation of not playing the ideal formation next year because we have to shove Cork at RB or something equally awkward, just not someone we can spend cash on upfront...