Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Looking at all players/strikers Juventus have hoovered up ( Llorente Tevez and looks like Jovetic as well) and all the strikers Spurs and Chelsea and Man City have have been linked with it seems to me that there will be some seriously unsettled strikers at those clubs that might be shifted at the last minute when all the pieces fall into place...

For example - Matri and Quaglierella at Juve, Defoe and Adebayor at Spurs, Dzeko and Ageuro at City, Ba, Torres and Lukaku at Chelsea...If Juve, Spurs, City and Chelsea (and there are other CL clubs in similar situations) all get the super-strikers they are linked with / looking for then it is not inconceivable that a club like Saints with possibly cash in hand could be there to pick up proven players at a fire-sale price on the last day of the window as those other clubs attempt to balance the books.

Given that NC is a businessman he must have already worked that out. For example, Matri might be a £15m player now, but if Jovetic arrives then he is 4th choice and Juve will be committed to his big wages for a long while - hence perhaps unload him for £10m instead to get rid...or if Chelsea buy Benteke then Ba or Torres gets unloaded to Spurs /arsenal/city who in turn unload defoe, dzeko and say podolski.

Just a different take on the game of "consequences". Those signings dont look like "saints" signings ie wrong age little up ££ potential etc - but if they are going at a bargain price then NC might sit up and take notice....

Defoe could even be what id call a nominal fee for a current international (under £5m) for instance and surely no Saints fan would argue that he could not score EPL goals for us this season after he notched 15 last year......

Edited by Giordano

Man City does not seem so keen on Osvaldo.

Osvaldo moves away from Manchester City. The leadership of the English club has loosened the grip, it is turning to Stevan Jovetic. Osvaldo, whose absence from the withdrawal of Rome today has been agreed with the company, would not want to go to Southampton reason why Thursday will reach the Giallorossi.

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/osvaldo-il-city-si-allontana-gli-aggiornamenti/

We´re not a first choice obvious but if he´s running out of options. Atletico Madrid seems to be looking into other players as well...

Yeah yeah, I know I´m dreaming..

Oh please do tell! *eyes widen* *heart beats faster* *mouth waters*

This was posted yesterday :-

I can't say too much about this for fear of my job, but tomorrow we'll have 1 more to treasure, and he's mustard!

There is a clue.

Then this this morning :-

This signing today will put a sparkle in your eye

My mate just text me to say there's a lot of early morning activity.

hmmm or traces of substances...agreed to say it was his shoulder to be nice

that boy has been smoking the rock...probably being in Burnley hasn't helped

Doubt that very much, pretty wild accusation really... None of them actually live in burnley they're all Manchester way. Even if it was a substance such as a white powder based one it would be out the system in 48 hours!

Man City does not seem so keen on Osvaldo.

Osvaldo moves away from Manchester City. The leadership of the English club has loosened the grip, it is turning to Stevan Jovetic. Osvaldo, whose absence from the withdrawal of Rome today has been agreed with the company, would not want to go to Southampton reason why Thursday will reach the Giallorossi.

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/osvaldo-il-city-si-allontana-gli-aggiornamenti/

We´re not a first choice obvious but if he´s running out of options. Atletico Madrid seems to be looking into other players as well...

Yeah yeah, I know I´m dreaming..

Yes, of all the players mentioned on here he's the one I'd love us to get. The Brazilian looks exciting but this guy is a proven class act.

Sadly unless the Don pulls a man sized rabbit out of the hat I think we're both dreaming.

Seems odd to cancel the transfer over his Shoulder, not exactly a vital part of a footballer and it clearly hasn't hampered him that much as he played regularly over the last few seasons.

Im not buying too far into conspiracy on this one, word around town sounds like he is a regular user of a banned substance, I think crack is a bit far off the mark though.

Personally, the shoulder thing whilst I agree is not all that inportant from a playing perspective it can cause problems. Look how fragile Walcott is when he goes down ? The fact he hasnt been missing games points more to the fact he just hasnt aggrivated it recently.

I think its more a rues to drop the asking price or wage demands. Leverage is a powerful thing

Didn't Kelvin do that to him a few years ago!?! :lol:

Yeah, it was Kelvin that did it the first time, and it's reoccurred a couple of times since.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/8993451.stm

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9377074.Charlie_Austin_fitness_boost_for_Burnley/

Have to feel for the guy, being that close to a move to the Prem.

Isn't he a Saints fan as well? Seem to remember something along those lines when we were in for him.

Not sure how you can say that so definitely after being a shining light in the NPC last season? He's a very promising young player, I wouldn't be against us signing him.

I'm not against signing him either. Decent little player.

Is he the upgrade we want and step up we need to fulfill our ambitions?

No.