Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

As a sidenote - Everytime I check the Sky transfer clockwatch - Sunderland seem to sign a player...

(Think it's 2 today, actually)

Going for a QPR approach? Think that's 7 they've signed now. On another note, I've been impressed with Norwich's business so far, and if they do sign Fer & Alderweireld they'll be looking very good.

Going for a QPR approach? Think that's 7 they've signed now. On another note, I've been impressed with Norwich's business so far, and if they do sign Fer & Alderweireld they'll be looking very good.

Same here. Always found Norwich to be quite orthodox & organised. But in signing Redmond and (the greatest named player ever) Ricky van Wolfswinkel, it seems like they're trying to add some flair to the team.

Call me crazy but with the people we are being linked too, Flamini would be great, although now with Wanyama and Schniders woulod strugle to get in! ha. Think he is a great player though, said he wants to come back to the premier league.

Call me crazy but with the people we are being linked too, Flamini would be great, although now with Wanyama and Schniders woulod strugle to get in! ha. Think he is a great player though, said he wants to come back to the premier league.

If we're after another midfielder I want Banega.

It'll be interesting to see if we still target Banega after we land Wanyama.

It will. It'll also be interesting to see if we're linked with more wingers now.

I would hope not but maybe we're looking at having Lallana, JRod, Punch and Gaston as the wide players.

It will. It'll also be interesting to see if we're linked with more wingers now.

I would hope not but maybe we're looking at having Lallana, JRod, Punch and Gaston as the wide players.

I'm sure a wide-man will be next. We seem to be 'playing out from the back' with our signings, slowly moving up the pitch :)

I've just seen Sunderland are near to completing a deal for Gino Peruzzi... f()ckers!

How many signings are they up to now?!

I'm sure a wide-man will be next. We seem to be 'playing out from the back' with our signings, slowly moving up the pitch :)!

We need either some of the players from last season's squad to step up and start taking the 20 - 30 chances we seem to create every game or we need to sign on someone who will take some of the opportunities. We were so guilty of out-playing and out-shooting the oppo' only to let them off or nearly let them off the hook.

The draws near the end of the season were incredible frustrating....

Norwich, as has already said by many, have surprised me hugely in this window so far. They seem to have changed their transfer policy from buying top quality championship players to buying young, talented players in the foreign leagues with growing reputations, with the exception of Redmond and Olsson. Fer will be an excellent addition I think and Van Wolfswinkel seems good business at €8M. Alderweireld looks a quality defender with good versatility as he can also play full back. Impressive if they pull these deals off and look to me like they are stepping up to try and have a crack at that top 10, like us, next season.

Who next for us then? And what more do we need?

Winger (Stoch) and striker (Damiao/Osvaldo) the priorities for me. Being greedy, I wouldn't say no to another quality CB as an upgrade on 1 of Fonte/Jos and some better cover at left & right backs.

Do we consider the Banega deal to be off now we've signed Wanyama?

well I for one am going to wait until the PL starts before I pronounce on that. Best signings are those who fit best into your team and get you results. football isn't played on paper, well I suppose CM 2013 is though.

ur thinking of CM1964 windows, CM2013 is puters

Who next for us then? And what more do we need?

Winger (Stoch) and striker (Damiao/Osvaldo) the priorities for me. Being greedy, I wouldn't say no to another quality CB as an upgrade on 1 of Fonte/Jos and some better cover at left & right backs.

Do we consider the Banega deal to be off now we've signed Wanyama?

I hope Banega isn't off, he's a tremendous player, will upgrade us hugely - he's that good

well I for one am going to wait until the PL starts before I pronounce on that. Best signings are those who fit best into your team and get you results. football isn't played on paper, well I suppose CM 2013 is though.

'So far'

x

100%, players are the components and the team is the product, some components don't work the way it was envisaged and reduce the quality of the overall product, thats why transfers are a dark art.

Hard to understand what end product we are striving to achieve (team strengths, weaknesses) if we get a world class striker, Banega and now Vic and Dejan the spine of the time would be potentially world class, a massive upgrade on last season.

Heard from someone who knows a couple of people at Saints that we're still in for Stoch and Banega.

That's all I have though. It will have been a crazy summer if we do get them.

Valencia signed a midfielder today so might be progress on that one now?