Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Banega still feels the most likely. Not quite sure how it'd work formation wise but I'd be too excited too care I think, terrific player.

Agreed. convinced myself it was either him of Wanyama, would have been chuffed with either.

but to get both, holy ****.

''It's Happening''. Yes, it is.

does this mean we won't be playing with wingers and going for a more narrow formation next season?

When did we last play with wingers? The full backs provide the width these days. Ads, Punch and Guly all move inside the majority of the time they get the ball to create space for the full backs. Possession in the middle of the park is the way we will play.

When did we last play with wingers? The full backs provide the width these days. Ads, Punch and Guly all move inside the majority of the time they get the ball to create space for the full backs. Possession in the middle of the park is the way we will play.
Need to be able to both otherwise we become too predictable. Lallana's game of cutting inside all the time, got snuffed out very quickly in the prem last year.

Puncheon was playing as a winger last season

He's never been able to play as a winger! I believe the term is inside forward for someone who only cuts inside and goes for goal... ;)

Correct. Same way Hazard isn't a winger.

Until Pochettino came in then quickly phaased him out...

Didn't he have personal problems relating to a new child?

Fee might be accepted but whether a player wants to come here and personal terms can be agreed are other cases

These things are never easy

The way transfers work these days is that the player gets sounded out about move before bid is made. if player interested in move then buying club contacts selling club.

BTW the player in question could be christian tello, he has previously been linked and is currently in spain still whilst training with barcelona. be a great acquisition.

I'm sure many would have been delighted with that last summer. Doesn't look so good now. Destroy the atmosphere and spirit and fill the team with overrated high earners. Awesome.

Cesar is the only one I'd take.

Remy cdajfu 100%

Hoilett is 'our' type of signing - rubbish last season, but excellent year b4 + young and hungry

Taarabt is only 24 and at the right club maybe...........

Ji Sung Park - wasnt he fans player of season? maybe a bit old for us?

Maybe looking overseas is the wrong approach...... Could get everything we need from one club?

Remy, Cesar, Ji Sung Park, Hoilett, Taarabt

Job lot for £30m?

I would take that. Maybe not Park. Dogged by niggles. doubt we would get enough out of him.

Just what we need, a big name signing.

Need to balance out the book for Europe next season and the best way is getting more names on shirts through the club store... Scrabble score the letter pricing will be the new trend in the premier league

I´m gonna bring an old name out that I´ve been mentioning before....

Ibrahim Afellay. Barcelona want to get rid, has like some others that been mentioned linked to us had a bad season (or two) behind him but definitely has great potential and would probably be very cheap at this moment.

I dont know his physical status with his last injury though....

I´m gonna bring an old name out that I´ve been mentioning before....

Ibrahim Afellay. Barcelona want to get rid, has like some others that been mentioned linked to us had a bad season (or two) behind him but definitely has great potential and would probably be very cheap at this moment.

I dont know his physical status with his last injury though....

Forgot he existed! Was class at PSV.

27 ish now though, boarderline too old now I'd reckons is.

Hmmm, let me see, besides the fact he's rubbish, I like it.

Another one who had 5 minutes of form and had people saying 'what a good signing', when there was a clear reason Fulham didn't want to keep him.

Wonder if Reading fans still think that Jay Rodriguez wasn't worth the money by comparison...

What about Pavel Pogrebnyak, has he been mentioned in this epic thread. He is available on a free.

Is he good enough for a back up, looking at his stats he hasn't had the amount of starts he should have, so maybe he is happy to be a bench warmer.

Why would we want to buy backup though? The way to do it is to buy players who are better than the current player, therefore the ''current'' player then becomes the backup. All part of the squad evolution if it's done correctly.

Signing players just to be backup is a sure fire way to having a hell of a lot of dead wood, which becomes near on impossible to flog.

Hmmm, let me see, besides the fact he's rubbish, I like it.

Another one who had 5 minutes of form and had people saying 'what a good signing', when there was a clear reason Fulham didn't want to keep him.

I seem to remember there was a fair amount of bedwetting amongst Saints fans when Reading signed him, "look who Reading are signing!"

Going back to Toby Alderweireld, a few days ago on the 14th it appeared Bayer Leverkusen were in pole position to sign him according to this article on Football Oranje

http://www.football-oranje.com/leverkusen-in-pole-position-for-alderweireld/

According to Sky Sports Foreign Paper Talk this morning, Bayer are no longer interested having made a couple of signings

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/foreign-papertalk

EXPRESS: Bayer Leverkusen have ended their interest in Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld after signing Roberto Hilbert and Giulio Donati already this summer.

So he's stated he wants to move from Ajax and still available. One to follow as I get the feeling it may drag on a bit, similar to the chase for Alex Buttner last summer.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-catania-il-southampton-punta-bergessio-466529

The Southampton wants Catania striker Gonzalo Bergessio. The Argentine is a goal of the coach Mauricio Pochettino who would like to take it in the Premier League for its ability to perform well over the defense to score decisive goals. Bergessio is a concrete goal although at the time it was declared by President Antonino Pulvirenti non-transferable. At the window there is also Atletico Madrid, but interested in the second row from the Southampton

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-catania-il-southampton-punta-bergessio-466529

The Southampton wants Catania striker Gonzalo Bergessio. The Argentine is a goal of the coach Mauricio Pochettino who would like to take it in the Premier League for its ability to perform well over the defense to score decisive goals. Bergessio is a concrete goal although at the time it was declared by President Antonino Pulvirenti non-transferable. At the window there is also Atletico Madrid, but interested in the second row from the Southampton

If we´re looking in Catania I´d rather have Alejandro Gomez.

But neither of these two can really be a target for us cause they dont have a european passport so would have problem to get work permit IMO.

CALCIOMERCATO OSVALDO Bergessio SOUTHAMPTON - The Premier League club are trying to snap up players of our Series A. After the transfer of Emanuele Giaccherini to Sunderland for 7.5 million Euros, soon there may be other similar movements. One of these is the Southampton club that remains ever vigilant about what the market offers Italian. An emissary of the Saints, according to reports web edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport, is located in London to find an agreement to Osvaldo Roma: Giallorossi however the player is not fully convinced of this opportunity, which is why the Southampton sent also a proposal to Gonzalo Bergessio of Catania, as an alternative track.

Interesting...28 yr old. €6m on transfermarkt.

Obligatory video...

Edited by Saint Garrett

CALCIOMERCATO OSVALDO Bergessio SOUTHAMPTON - The Premier League club are trying to snap up players of our Series A. After the transfer of Emanuele Giaccherini to Sunderland for 7.5 million Euros, soon there may be other similar movements. One of these is the Southampton club that remains ever vigilant about what the market offers Italian. An emissary of the Saints, according to reports web edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport, is located in London to find an agreement to Osvaldo Roma: Giallorossi however the player is not fully convinced of this opportunity, which is why the Southampton sent also a proposal to Gonzalo Bergessio of Catania, as an alternative track.

In a way that is positive cause earlier it has said that Osvaldo dont even want to consider it.

Man C is no longer an option and I dont know if there is any other option than us for him if he wants to go to Premier League. The only club I can think of that would interest him is Spurs but I think their new sports director Baldini dont fancy him since he knows firsthand what was going on in Roma...

Argentinian, 28 yrs. 2 caps in 2008/09, none since.

Work permit would be denied, case closed!