Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

I dont get thi 'where will it leave Cork/Davis' opinion. It is a squad game. Sure, obviously we will have our starting, strongest 11. But last eason we were soooo lucky that MS kept fit, most teams have many players out at once, I think we were pretty lucky last year. Generally now in the modern game midfielders can be split into Defensive and Attacking rather than central and wide. I agree David is the one who maybe fluctuates between both, but he put in some good performances last year and I think would be a loss.

Morgan, Wanyama, Cork, Ramirez, Punch, Rodriguez, Lallana, Davis, Banega is a HELL of a midfield/options. That is 9 players for 5 roles, a decent rotation number IMO.

I would however send JWP out on loan to a championship club,,,, not becasue is is not good enough be this it would be good for his development to play a 40 game season. Do Prado (although I am not a basher of him) looks now to be out his depth and think would be a great signing for a championship club or somewhere of that level across Europe.

I dont get thi 'where will it leave Cork/Davis' opinion. It is a squad game. Sure, obviously we will have our starting, strongest 11. But last eason we were soooo lucky that MS kept fit, most teams have many players out at once, I think we were pretty lucky last year. Generally now in the modern game midfielders can be split into Defensive and Attacking rather than central and wide. I agree David is the one who maybe fluctuates between both, but he put in some good performances last year and I think would be a loss.

Morgan, Wanyama, Cork, Ramirez, Punch, Rodriguez, Lallana, Davis, Banega is a HELL of a midfield/options. That is 9 players for 5 roles, a decent rotation number IMO.

I would however send JWP out on loan to a championship club,,,, not becasue is is not good enough be this it would be good for his development to play a 40 game season. Do Prado (although I am not a basher of him) looks now to be out his depth and think would be a great signing for a championship club or somewhere of that level across Europe.

How many teams not competing in Europe often 'rotate' key players out of the team? Why doesn't this theory also apply to our full back positions?

How many teams not competing in Europe often 'rotate' key players out of the team? Why doesn't this theory also apply to our full back positions?

Pretty much every team suffers injuries and like I said we were really lucky last year to avoid injuries, sure we ha d a few (Cork at the start, Lallana round X-mas) but week in week out we were lucky. Therefore 9 for the 5 roles is great cover. And of those I would only say MS was our only 'key' player. But if you read what I said I did not mention 'key' players.

Last season, players with 1) more than 10 appearances 2) more than 5.

Man u 1) 17 2) 23

Man c. 1) 16 2) 20

Chelsea 1) 17 2) 17

Arsenal 1) 16 2) 20

Spurs 1) 19 2) 19

Everton 1) 15 2) 15

Liverpool 2) 16 2) 20

Saints 1) 14 2) 17

Typically further 7-8 with decent amount of sub appearances.

Looks like 16-17 core starters covers season.

Interesting those saying need cover at defence, not many CBs used. Three plenty on average.

Last season, players with 1) more than 10 appearances 2) more than 5.

Man u 1) 17 2) 23

Man c. 1) 16 2) 20

Chelsea 1) 17 2) 17

Arsenal 1) 16 2) 20

Spurs 1) 19 2) 19

Everton 1) 15 2) 15

Liverpool 2) 16 2) 20

Saints 1) 14 2) 17

Typically further 7-8 with decent amount of sub appearances.

Looks like 16-17 core starters covers season.

Interesting those saying need cover at defence, not many CBs used. Three plenty on average.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?45662-Is-Yoshida-Lovren-good-enough#.UeRFIY03DOs

:facepalm:

Back on Saints transfer radar I mean. Mind you I suppose Paulinho and Neymar have had busy summers and still signed for different teams.

Dum de dum...

I understood, just meant that from watching him I cant imagine he´s a target of ours now.

I understood, just meant that from watching him I cant imagine he´s a target of ours now.

I didnt see the U20 w/c. If he impressed, that's a shame, from the facts and stats about him we'd be a good fit. We already have a young Uruguayan on our books, he himself is only 20, an attacking player, and his Nacional stats are good - http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/158613/gonzalo-bueno?cc=5739

Last linked well over a month ago though http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2336569/Southampton-close-signing-Gonzalo-El-Zorro-Bueno.html

and a good article on the "wonderkid" http://footballwonderkidscout.co.uk/#/wonderkid-of-the-month-gonza/4562740789

Sounds good to me! Could be a surprise in the Premier League next season and fulfils the need for a winger.

I have only ever had one name and that was Wanyama's which was after MP had revealed it.

Also backroom staff are happy with training levels.

He mentioned Banega's name in the same interview too! Spanish & South American media have reported we've bid for him today too. Christ if we do pull this one off, wow what an amazing signing it'd be.

Sorry but will somewhat underwhelmed if its juves FabQ after the calibre of player we been mentioned with. Different type of forward player too. Really good player but not really really good. Only plays of champions of Italy and is an ex international mind.

Sorry but will somewhat underwhelmed if its juves FabQ after the calibre of player we been mentioned with. Different type of forward player too. Really good player but not really really good. Only plays of champions of Italy and is an ex international mind.

Haha, some people and their expectations. I think he would be fantastic for us.

Crazy isnt it that he are now dismissing juventus players! Ha, how times change, but for the good this time.

Were we crazy to dismiss Bossingwa last summer? A Chelsea player and a Champions League winner, surely he should have walked into our team.

Personally I think there are better targets out there within our reach. I've never seen Quagmire play so I'll leave it to the scouts but people are right to be wary of a 30 year old with injury problems and a patchy scoring record.

Says?

He's going from a Monk post. However he never said the player was playing in Spain or that they were Spanish. He said NC was working on the deal while in Spain, which just happens to be where he and the first team are at the mo.

Not saying you're not right Smirks but you may be reading too much into it.

He's going from a Monk post. However he never said the player was playing in Spain or that they were Spanish. He said NC was working on the deal while in Spain, which just happens to be where he and the first team are at the mo.

Not saying you're not right Smirks but you may be reading too much into it.

Its not that post buddy