Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

On the basis that the only figure that has been touted around on here is £30m, we've already spent £20m, have had another recent bid for a player in another position turned down at £20m and are rumoured to still be looking at other targets, it's not too hard to work out that we're looking at spending well over the £30m figure.

Something like that.

Wonder what these guys think?

1705118.jpg?type=articlePortrait

These two were sitting near me in the Kingsland North for one of the home games towards the back of the season. Overheard "this seat is much better than last week in the Itchen". Obviously insane parking prices weren't keeping them away from the lure of Premier League football..

Really looking forward to seeing the mess of Sunderland this year. So many players, so few British signings. It's so tough to form a completely new team at this level. I'm sure they'll work hard but I can't see much other than relegation for them. Perhaps after a good start. I'm going them, Hull and Palace, but think Stoke might be down there too.

Agreed. Reckon they'll be this seasons QPR. Bloated team of Johnny foreigners.

Really looking forward to seeing the mess of Sunderland this year. So many players, so few British signings. It's so tough to form a completely new team at this level. I'm sure they'll work hard but I can't see much other than relegation for them. Perhaps after a good start. I'm going them, Hull and Palace, but think Stoke might be down there too.

i remember when they got rid of MON and brought in di canio, they were saying how they had wasted so many millions on new players each time a new manager came in. It had got them no where and would have to change

seems they have learnt nothing after all

Completely agree. Hull, Palace, and Sunderland are the three most likely for me to go down. I am envisioning some sort of mid-season meltdown from Di Canio and just can't see their rag bag collection of signings gelling in time. He is so unpredictable though, that he might just pull it off.

Also tipping Newcastle to struggle with on-going battle between Pardew and Kinnear. No European football to distract them, but I think board-room politics might prove their undoing.

I look forward to seeing a potential transistion phrase for Stoke, not sure if it'll work.

Palace (like the club/ hate the gaffer), not seen anything of this Dwight Gale, so interested to see if he is indeed a £8m striker.

Norwich could look decent, got a feeling if the noises coming out of Saints are true, we will be the best to watch.

I look forward to seeing a potential transistion phrase for Stoke, not sure if it'll work.

Palace (like the club/ hate the gaffer), not seen anything of this Dwight Gale, so interested to see if he is indeed a £8m striker.

Norwich could look decent, got a feeling if the noises coming out of Saints are true, we will be the best to watch.

There you go again.... ;)

I like it though and know the circumstances but of course dying to know more... :)

Norwich have had a bid for Alderweireld (Ajax) accepted (8 million euros). If he's willing to go to a club that is not playing in the CL then we should be all over this. Excellent centreback that is more than capable at rightback as well (plays rightback for the Belgian national team). A back-four with Clyne-Alderweireld-Lovren-Shaw would be top quality.

There you go again.... ;)

I like it though and know the circumstances but of course dying to know more... :)

Apologies, I just mean on here! Wasn’t meant to be cryptic. Minute I hear anything it does go on here, not a fan of the ITK – secretive WUM’s.

I have message FA about Forren as I did not see that coming but I think he is busy with the trip away.

To be honest the energy and vibe I got from him a week or so ago was buzzing.

Spoke to TM at Test Park last night (academy was training) and they are all bouncing.

However, not a fan of the training gear!

Edited by Monk

Apologies, I just mean on here! Wasn’t meant to be cryptic. Minute I hear anything it does go on hear, not a fan of the ITK –WUM’s.

I have message FA about Forren as I did not see that coming but I think he is busy with the trip away.

To be honest the energy and vibe I got from him a week or so ago was buzzing.

Spoke to TM at Test Park last night (academy was training) and they are all bouncing.

However, not a fan of the training gear!

Ok I understand.

Cheers for the info and we do like your sincere updates on here instead of those wum´s..... :)

norwich have had a bid for alderweireld (ajax) accepted (8 million euros). If he's willing to go to a club that is not playing in the cl then we should be all over this. Excellent centreback that is more than capable at rightback as well (plays rightback for the belgian national team). A back-four with clyne-alderweireld-lovren-shaw would be top quality.

this

Rumours that Norwich are interested in Quagliarella, would be a great addition IMO, must be 3rd or 4th choice at Juve now so there's a deal there to be done if a club wants it...

SKY have a mini-update on what LeBenali posted above:-

Norwich City have made some astute signings this summer and could be on the verge of another eye-catching deal. According to reports in Italy, Norwich are closing in on the signing of Juventus striker Fabio Quagliarella, with the Italian champions needing to sell a forward after bringing in Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente.

BREAKING NEWS: Sky sources have learned Tom Ince has declined the offer to join Cardiff City. Stay with us for the full story....

He became a dad this week, I'd guess he doesn't want to move his young family to Cardiff, so won't want to move to us either. Probably wants to be near both his and his partners parents in the North West.

BREAKING NEWS: Sky sources have learned Tom Ince has declined the offer to join Cardiff City. Stay with us for the full story....

Apparently he wants to stay up North/North West,I think he is hoping Liverpool come in for him.

He became a dad this week, I'd guess he doesn't want to move his young family to Cardiff, so won't want to move to us either. Probably wants to be near both his and his partners parents in the North West.

Really, why didn't he reject it earlier if so?

It can hardly come as a surprise to him that his heavily pregnant wife has given birth?! :lol:

Really, why didn't he reject it earlier if so?

It can hardly come as a surprise to him that his heavily pregnant wife has given birth?! :lol:

This one will go till the end of the season, he is waiting on liverpool but I reckon he will end up in the prem anyway

Well done for MLGing MLG though

Norwich have had a bid for Alderweireld (Ajax) accepted (8 million euros). If he's willing to go to a club that is not playing in the CL then we should be all over this. Excellent centreback that is more than capable at rightback as well (plays rightback for the Belgian national team). A back-four with Clyne-Alderweireld-Lovren-Shaw would be top quality.
Alderweireld has rejected a move to Norwich. The reports in the Netherlands say that its not because of the stature of the club but that they couldn't agree on clauses in the contract. Not sure if its the wage or if Alderweireld perhaps wants a release clause in the contract.

Alderweireld has rejected a move to Norwich. The reports in the Netherlands say that its not because of the stature of the club but that they couldn't agree on clauses in the contract. Not sure if its the wage or if Alderweireld perhaps wants a release clause in the contract.

We should be in for this bloke.

He'll still end up there IMO.

Dream world would be 4 new signings if we want to push top 6 this season,,,,

Another centre back , who could also cover at rb if injuries occurred. (Astori or Alderweireld)

Banega

A nippy winger (Stoch)

A striker (Osvaldo, Damieo)

But more realistically would be two more, let some of the kids cover this season and then build again next season....

Also anyone see Everton may be in for McGeady? 6 mil appartently, I have only seen the guy 3 times but everytime impressed me, does not seem to be our sort of signing but would be interested to hear others thoughts on the guy...