Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

He'd be a cracking signing on a free. If it meant the end of Jos & Jose, then we should be able to recoup about £5million in transfer fees by selling them both

Also links on Twitter to a young Italian striker called Ciro Immobile from Genoa....he was apparently part of the Italy U21 squad this summer, but can't say that I've heard of him.

He'd be a cracking signing on a free. If it meant the end of Jos & Jose, then we should be able to recoup about £5million in transfer fees by selling them both

Also links on Twitter to a young Italian striker called Ciro Immobile from Genoa....he was apparently part of the Italy U21 squad this summer, but can't say that I've heard of him.

I've heard of him but only because of FM...!

Think he's going to Torino. Definitely not coming to us.

I see Bony is set to sign for Swansea...great signing

Can't help thinking we should of maybe signed someone more achievable like Bony as it looks like we are going to lose out to Damiao

Really hope we have a back up

We'll see.

He's good on FM/FIFA and has a good scoring record in a pretty average league, it's a could well be good signing but performances on the pitch will tell if he is great...

Can't help thinking we should of maybe signed someone more achievable like Bony as it looks like we are going to lose out to Damiao

Really hope we have a back up

Not overly convince by him. If he's as good as everyone thinks he is he'd have gone to a bigger team. Goal scoring record isn't overly impressive

Michu was the top scoring midfielder in La Liga, one of the best leagues in the world.

Bony has an admittedly excellent scoring record in a league where Mateja Kezman scored 105 goals in 122 games.

Bony may be great but you can never be sure when players come from Holland.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 2m

Considering that Negredo is close, and there is meeting for Jovetic, so seems Osvaldo deal is not going through for Manchester City

So that door closes for Osvaldo, perhaps he will reconsider joining us now Atletico have got Villa and City want Negredo and Jovetic instead.

Benteke hands in transfer request at Villa. Get a bid in nice and early Mr Cortese. £15m-£20m should do it.

Would surprise me big time if he doesn´t end up at Spurs.

No need for us to bid on him, THAT would be waste of time.

Benteke hands in transfer request at Villa. Get a bid in nice and early Mr Cortese. £15m-£20m should do it.

I was just coming in here to mention that

...and suggest that the big club who sign him may have had another target lined up who we could look at.

Absolutely zero chance of Christian Benteke coming here.

Just out of interest, why are people so convinced he wouldn't come to us? Genuine question - considering who we have been linked with, why not Benteke over anyone else?

For him it would seem like a sideways move and he wouldn´t get significally more money than he already get at Villa.

For him it would seem like a sideways move and he wouldn´t get significally more money than he already get at Villa.

It would be a sideways step but I would guess that he could get a significant pay rise from us.

Of course, he hasn't handed in a transfer request in ths hope of joining us.

It would be a sideways step but I would guess that he could get a significant pay rise from us.

Of course, he hasn't handed in a transfer request in ths hope of joining us.

Didn´t he get a new contract from Villa, or maybe I just took that for granted after the season...?

Well either way, he wont come here, that´s for sure.

He's got three years left on his contract - signed a four year one last summer when he moved there.

Just out of interest, why are people so convinced he wouldn't come to us? Genuine question - considering who we have been linked with, why not Benteke over anyone else?

In addition to the many good reasons already mentioned, we attract certain players because we can bring them to England. Benteke's already here and can do much better than us or Villa.

I've said it once, i'll say it again, and i'll probably have to justify it again, but Benteke is f*cking gash. If Spurs pay £20m for him I will laugh my head off.

Your having to justify it as you are wrong Mikey, sorry to say it.

One poorish game against us, despite the fact everything villa did stemmed from him, does not prove that he is gash. I said before he reminds me of a younger Drogba.

Anything over 20m is crazy high but there is a lot of money about this window and villa will not want to sell

I've said it once, i'll say it again, and i'll probably have to justify it again, but Benteke is f*cking gash. If Spurs pay £20m for him I will laugh my head off.

If he's handed in a transfer request then Villa don't need to pay off his contract should be move. That will probably bring the asking price way down.

If he's handed in a transfer request then Villa don't need to pay off his contract should be move. That will probably bring the asking price way down.
It won't. Market forces will dictate he'll go for close to £20m if he's sold, probably to Spurs I reckon.

It won't. Market forces will dictate he'll go for close to £20m if he's sold, probably to Spurs I reckon.

depends if they can get some sort of adequate replacement I'd think. Strikers seem to be hard to get although when you look at the David Villa transfer you get the idea that in some cases it's just a case of where rather than how much. 5.1 million including bonuses seems to be very low for Villa. Way it's going I think we'll be starting the season with Rickie,Mayuka and JRod as our principal attackers again. We seem to be aiming at what we think we should be and not what we actually are, no European competition is probably a big handicap for us as it will be for Aston Villa.

^Villa is 31 and came back last year from 8 months out due to a broken leg. Both of those factors will lower his price.

Your having to justify it as you are wrong Mikey, sorry to say it.

One poorish game against us, despite the fact everything villa did stemmed from him, does not prove that he is gash. I said before he reminds me of a younger Drogba.

Anything over 20m is crazy high but there is a lot of money about this window and villa will not want to sell

That wasn't his only bad game, his finishing is far from clinical and he missed some absolute sitters on other days. He's still quite a raw player but far from 'gash' either. He has all the potential there to be a top class striker, you don't get many players his size with pace and the ability to run at people.

He wouldn't move to us though, he's handed in a transfer request to go to Chelsea or Arsenal, if Chelsea get him though we should be all over Lukaku.

Edited by tajjuk

Very slow market. He wouldn't have handed in a transfer request if there were clubs lining up to pay out? His agent would have run a 'come get me plea' in the media. The unofficial, and contract preserving transfer request.

That wasn't his only bad game, his finishing is far from clinical and he missed some absolute sitters on other days. He's still quite a raw player but far from 'gash' either. He has all the potential there to be a top class striker, you don't get many players his size with pace and the ability to run at people.

He wouldn't move to us though, he's handed in a transfer request to go to Chelsea or Arsenal, if Chelsea get him though we should be all over Lukaku.

This is what I was on about really, certainly isnt gash at all, v good player IMO. Big, strong, technical ability. Im sure I read somewhere that he won more headers than any other player in Europe or something. Nominated for young player of the year etc.

As for clinical, it is all reletive, players go through peaks in form, when those around you are not performing brilliantly it takes you out of the game yourself. When your under pressure you tend to snatch at shots etc

FWIW Lambert was completely anonomous in sone games, yet many still think he is our best option regardless of signings.

For anything under 20m I think someone will have a top player on their hands. Your right of course, he wont be coming here