Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

The comments in that press conference are surreal.

Just hearing us mentioning Wanyama, Banega, Damiao & Osvaldo is just astonishing when you think where we've come from.

and we'd only heard of one of them before June!

what left back would join, to play 2nd fiddle. to a kid?

not asking for the second coming of roberto carlos, just a decent LB who has a better (some) grasp of defending than danny fox. every other team in the PL managed to have 2 lbs better than fox last season with no problem whatsoever.

I bet over 50% of this forum hadn't heard of more than one of them before we were linked. I'd only heard of Wagamumas.

Says more about the forum then - all the players are established internationals, not diamonds in the rough.

hi can everyone who just received the ITK pm bout mega-exciting imminent signing refer to it cryptically here pls, so that other people can be jealous!

edit - I'm not wind up this pm is real. shIt's happening!

So basically we've made bids for Damiao, Banega and Wanyama. Celtic have accepted so it's up to the player.The other two my guess the clubs/agents are sitting on them, leaking numbers to the press to drive up the price

Lovren is a righty. If Forren has no pace he won't be covering at LB. Shaw, Fox, Targett are our LBs.

Lovren must be a 2 footer then, predominant use of left last time I saw him at Gerland. Targett....dream on, if he was ready we wouldn't have tried some of the daft schemes we used last season when shaw was out. He's older than Shaw I think ?

ah no,couple of months younger.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Lovren must be a 2 footer then, predominant use of left last time I saw him at Gerland. Targett....dream on, if he was ready we wouldn't have tried some of the daft schemes we used last season when shaw was out. He's older than Shaw I think ?

Targett is ready to be the third choice LB. Hardly going to play every week but bringing in another would make him 4th choice. Hardly the actions of a club who encourage the pathway of young players to the first team.

Targett is ready to be the third choice LB. Hardly going to play every week but bringing in another would make him 4th choice. Hardly the actions of a club who encourage the pathway of young players to the first team.

Do we have any young Right backs coming through?

3rd behind Fox, I'd be ashamed of that and work triple hard to get the Number 2 spot then.:rolleyes:

hi can everyone who just received the ITK pm bout mega-exciting imminent signing refer to it cryptically here pls, so that other people can be jealous!

Thought we were going to break the story on the muppet show?

I have been like a giddy school girl since receiving it!

Big news but not sure about the credentials of the author!

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/roma-sabatini-in-inghilterra-per-parlare-di-osvaldo-462553&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/roma-sabatini-in-inghilterra-per-parlare-di-osvaldo-462553%26safe%3Dactive%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DU0n%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official

But apparently, despite being offered to us, we said no

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/rassegna-stampa/roma-sabatini-a-londra-per-cedere-osvaldo-e-puntare-su-nani-462567&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/rassegna-stampa/roma-sabatini-a-londra-per-cedere-osvaldo-e-puntare-su-nani-462567%26safe%3Dactive%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dd0n%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official

according to TMW and sky italy, Roma DoF Walter Sabatini is in England to talk to some clubs about Osvaldo, saints in particular. But apparently, Osvaldo said no

If he dont find other clubs soon that might change. Has happened before with players changing their mind.

At least one can hope :)

He´s not welcome back at Roma I would think so he has to find another club, and if he finds a club which dont meet Romas demands of the fee those are not any options for him....

God damn im not even sure if your on a wind up but i still feel left out! bad times :(

Well, it's your own fault. Now the the planet has become Chic & Nile Rodgers fans. Get onto YOu Tube and watch Good Times from their Glasto and you'll be fine, and able to understand everything that's going on.

Gutted the direction our transfer shopping list is taking. Have we learned nothing from our Delgado, Kleber fiasco? Players who will spend most of their time away in South America and using Saints to build up on their fitness for such games. I czn accept European players but we could be signing young and top UK players for the money. A raid on the likes of Chelsea could find us some excellent players of the category of Jack Cor and Schneiderlin.

Because they're our transfer targets, and the club sees them as realistic. That is exciting.

You might be excited by some players being linked to us (though personally I am excited when they actually sign) but astonished to be targeting really good players? Seems rather easily pleased to me.

You might be excited by some players being linked to us (though personally I am excited when they actually sign) but astonished to be targeting really good players? Seems rather easily pleased to me.

'Astonished' is strong for me as well - I dunno, it's just gonna take some getting used to after the wilderness years.

BBC reckon Leroy Fer will have a medical with Norwich next week, good signing for them.

Seems the "also-ran" sides are making some good moves this summer.

It's as if everybody's found a pile of money from somewhere!

I'd never realised you felt this way. Please feel free to labour this point though. That'd be just great.

'Astonished' is strong for me as well - I dunno, it's just gonna take some getting used to after the wilderness years.

It's as if everybody's found a pile of money from somewhere!

your right, maybe they collectively checked down the back of their sofas

Seems we are going for a smaller but better quality squad this season.

Hope those that are free to leave do go rather than just on loan. Would still like a winger to come in too. Fox and chambers as back up full backs this season too then I guess.