Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

If anyone is curious about wage levels in Italy.

This post is a picture from the Gazzetta, net wages per year in €.

And in Italy the wages are not a secret, they are before bonuses though.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/calciomercato-wages-salaries-2012-2013.1946695/#post-26473614

The job they do at Udinese do is incredible, such a small wage bill but consistently finishing in the top 6. Unearth gems for virtually nothing, sell them on for a tidy profit & then go on to unearth more gems.

So Osvaldo currently earns around 38K per week net. Ramirez is on the same here apparently, although that may be 38K gross and not net.

Edited by saints_is_the_south

If course, I'm just trying to know a bit more about him. If they want to spend £17m on him then I'm fully begin him. He looks handy from YouTube but a lot of players do!

An average of a goal every other game on the Spanish and Italian leagues and an Italian international. I'm not quite sure what more you expect for 20m euros these days.

We've offered 20 million Euros, Roma want rid, player doesn't want to come to us, Roma trying to persuade him to.

He looks like a heap of trouble, we should stay well clear.

If we can splash £20m then Lamela would be a better option, although of course Roma don't want to lose him.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/calciomercato-wages-salaries-2012-2013.1946695/#post-26473614

So Osvaldo is earning 38,000 euros a week at the moment or 32,300 pounds? I imagine we'd have to double that or so :?

Lamela would cost more than €20m, more like 30. He's staying at Roma, but if he were to leave it would be to Barcelona/Real Madrid/United.

You sound like a Celtic fan talking about Wanyama.

You sound like a Celtic fan talking about Wanyama.

I don't need to follow Roma to know Lamela is one of the biggest young talents in Europe, even if you were a casual watcher of Serie A you'd see that this boy is absolute quality. 15 goals and 6 assists last season playing primarily as a wide attacking midielder, in a team that had a disappointing season is extremely impressive and exactly why he has been linked with Europe's major clubs. Still has 3 years left on his current contract, so €30m would be about right for him.

Also notable from that listing, Andy Carrol would be the fifth highest earner in Italian football :lol: The wages in the premier league have gotten bloody ridiculous for what we actually produce :uhoh:

I'm just worried that he's a bit of a loose cannon. If these players are going to stay on the straight and narrow they have to be happy where they are, an if Osvaldo joins us, and doesn't really want to be here I worry he'll kick off.
That's my take on this as well. Doesn't sound the sort of bloke that'd be much use if he's stuck somewhere he doesn't want to be.

If we are offering a big fat pay increase - which I presume we are - and he's turning it down because he wants champs league and international recognition then I've got to respect that.

How many times do players get criticised for being pay day mercenaries?

He'd be the signing of the summer though if we could snare him (and keep him calm). The real deal up front, 25+ goals IMO.

Nainggolan has spoken about Saints too. Only, this one appears to hold genuine quotes: http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/inter/?action=read&idnet=ZmNpbnRlcm5ld3MuaXQtMTE4NDYw

TRANSLATION

Nainggolan: "I have an offer from England, now..."

Interviewed in a hotel in Indonesia, Radja Nainggolan , Cagliari midfielder, spoke about his future prospects. Revealing a little 'surprise, that among the contenders Italian Inter and Roma has settled with the decision that an English club would be doing waver player: "I received a great offer from Southampton, their proposal is economically the most important of all . though I do not play for money, my priority is to have a major career. But I have no problem to move to England. E 'still wide open, we will see, "said Nainggolan, words that we present to Goal.com .

The player, however, does not close the door to a possible stay in Sardinia: "If the Cagliari I will offer good prospects for the future, do not rule out that I could stay. It 's still quite uncertain, but I think I have essentially my career ". But what is the club where he would like to play more? "In fact there are many teams in Europe. Last year I could become a Juventus player, but in Italy the situation is no longer that of a few years ago, many clubs are in trouble. There are many teams that I appreciate: if I have one thing, I say Barcelona, ​​for the way you play. "

Once again Cortese is setting his sights too high and is consequently wasting valuable time. There is no way an Italian international would ever come to Saints.

Italy, 8th on the FIFA rank.

Croatia, 4th on the FIFA rank.

From what country did we sign a international last week?

Maybe we're after 2 midfielders? Seems a bit overkill though.

Definitely agree, Would be nice to hear a few rumours of wingers or full backs.

Would think Cork, Morgan, + 1 of Banega, Wanyama and Naingollon, with JWP/Davis as back up should be enough. Could even see JWP out on loan with just JC, MS, SD +1 next season.

Maybe we're after 2 midfielders? Seems a bit overkill though.

They just want to show this board that the club can work on more targets at the same time ;)

On a serious note, might be that we have a list of who wants the most. Nainggolan was out there first and as long as he hasn´t said yes or no we go on with other targets. But I wouldn´t be surprised if we are looking into 2 midfielders and that one of those can play as AM. We have to get a bit more creativity from midfield IMO.

Alex Crook: #saintsfc interest in Nainggollen backs up what I have been told. That they want a striker, midfielder and winger to join cb Lovren

Young Alex "being told" stuff again.......just that "being told" for him is "reading on twitter"... :)

Not too sure about this guy. Doesn't even mention the obvious fact that we're going to sign a full-back as cover.

Why is that an 'obvious fact'? It is entirely plausible that Pochettino is happy with what he has - Shaw, Clyne and Fox with Forren, Lovren, Yoshida and Cork able to cover and academy players also available to step up. We might sign a full-back but it is not 'obvious fact'.

Why is that an 'obvious fact'? It is entirely plausible that Pochettino is happy with what he has - Shaw, Clyne and Fox with Forren, Lovren, Yoshida and Cork able to cover and academy players also available to step up. We might sign a full-back but it is not 'obvious fact'.

Do you honestly think we'd release Richardson and Butterfield if we didn't plan on strengthening in that position? I can't see him being happy with only having Fox as our full-back cover.

Not only does Crook spell Naiggolan wrong, but he also seems to think he's a winger.

I thought he was

Nainggolan is a combative central midfielder for both Cagliari and at international level.

The Daily Mail article in April was ill-informed...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2310137/Southampton-launch-bid-Belgium-winger-Radja-Nainggolan.html

I'd guess this is the back-up if Wanyama doesn't sign.

Do you honestly think we'd release Richardson and Butterfield if we didn't plan on strengthening in that position? I can't see him being happy with only having Fox as our full-back cover.

Of course not, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll sign someone specifically for the job. New signings Lovren and Forren can both play at full-back, and he may have plans to call on Calum Chambers or Matt Targett from the academy. Fox isn't our only cover by any stretch of the imagination.

Think read Lovren played at high level right across back 4.

Maybe with younger players coming through, Forren, Lovren, Jos, Yoshida, Cork we can cope if a fullback is injured

Nainggolan is a combative central midfielder for both Cagliari and at international level.

The Daily Mail article in April was ill-informed...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2310137/Southampton-launch-bid-Belgium-winger-Radja-Nainggolan.html

I'd guess this is the back-up if Wanyama doesn't sign.

We bid ifor Nainggolan in April according to that article and according to his comments on VFTT thread he has already received an offer of personal terms, we have only bid for Wanyama this week and are yet to enter personal terms, why would the player we bid for first be considered back up if the player we bid for second doesn't sign? Yet again you are proving yourself to be out of your depth on this forum and clearly taken your eye of the ball.

We bid ifor Nainggolan in April according to that article and according to his comments on VFTT thread he has already received an offer of personal terms, we have only bid for Wanyama this week and are yet to enter personal terms, why would the player we bid for first be considered back up if the player we bid for second doesn't sign? Yet again you are proving yourself to be out of your depth on this forum and clearly taken your eye of the ball.

How do you know for certain when or if Southampton bid for Wanyama? Maybe they did bid for Nainggolan first, but that doesn't mean he is first choice, Saints could keep the Nainggolan on the back burner whilst seeing what happens with Wanyama.

Edited by Matthew Le God

How do you know for certain when or if Southampton bid for Wanyama? Saints could keep the Nainggolan on the back burner whilst seeing what happens with Wanyama.

From the players own mouths, Nainggolan has said he has had a good offer from us, Wanyama has said he has not discussed personal terms. We have evidently approach Nainggolan first as the mail article was in April. You're out of your depth on here sonny and no amount of pedantry can redeem your position.

How do you know for certain when or if Southampton bid for Wanyama? Maybe they did bid for Nainggolan first, but that doesn't mean he is first choice, Saints could keep the Nainggolan on the back burner whilst seeing what happens with Wanyama.

Or we could keep Wanyama on the back burner whilst seeing what happens with Nainggolan.