Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Villa have signed Okore ...really good signing that...

they seem to be going after some really good young talent...quite jealous of that one...£4 mill on Okore is i predict going to be a lot better than £4 mill for our Norweigan...

We were told all signings were going to be done by July 1st...looking unlikely now, barring a late flurry.

I just hope we are going after quality young players who want to come to the club...not big names who just string the club along

we need to get going on signings soon...the boys will be back in training in 2 weeks

Not really July 1st is still over 2 weeks away, nearly 3. We won't be signing many players and some of those that we will are on intenationall service. Let the Villas and Hulls go for might bes and maybes. We have targets, they won't be cheap and they won't be queuing up at St Mary's to sign, so really no big deal.

Have Arsenal signed anyone or Everton or Swansea...no because their targets are hard to get as well.

why won't we be signing many players???

we have no right backs...left back cover is a problem...we definitely need another centre back...we also need a winger and a striker...we need 5/6 players

Lets not forget we are not the finished article by a long shot...every team...even Barcelona needs to refresh their squads at the end of the season

we have carried a lot of deadwood in the squad...so i expect far more outs than in's but let not kid ourselves that we only need 2/3 players

Mo Po stated that we aimed to get business done by 1st July as he wanted time for the players to gel...he also stated we were close to signing 2 players...this was quoted on BBC at the start of May

No.

He said we would try to do our business ideally for when the players come back at the start of July, but that of course that would be hard as you are having to get agreements with others clubs and players so can't always do what you want and it is outside if your control.

BBC article:

"Behind the scenes the club is already working hard to plan for next season.

Two players are already close to agreeing transfers, and one or two more may follow".

Looks like the BBC stated this, not Pochettino?

Villa getting some early business done. Will have signed 4/5 by Monday. Whether they are anything special is another question.

Jores Okore is a good player - they are quietly having a very good summer. Good young players at good prices

If they keep their best young players, Benteke included, they'll be much better next season

Meanwhile we've signed no-one

No.

He said we would try to do our business ideally for when the players come back at the start of July, but that of course that would be hard as you are having to get agreements with others clubs and players so can't always do what you want and it is outside if your control.

BBC article:

"Behind the scenes the club is already working hard to plan for next season.

Two players are already close to agreeing transfers, and one or two more may follow".

Looks like the BBC stated this, not Pochettino?

Don't let facts get in the way of peoples summer meltdowns.

Not really July 1st is still over 2 weeks away, nearly 3. We won't be signing many players and some of those that we will are on intenationall service. Let the Villas and Hulls go for might bes and maybes. We have targets, they won't be cheap and they won't be queuing up at St Mary's to sign, so really no big deal.

Have Arsenal signed anyone or Everton or Swansea...no because their targets are hard to get as well.

Plus generally the bigger signings are not made until the end of the window or else you end up paying wages for an extra 2 months plus all of the travel expenses to get players here and there.

Add to this the fact that players are on their holidays or internationals.

In short, everyone needs to stop getting their knickers in a twist, trust me we will be ok.

Jores Okore is a good player - they are quietly having a very good summer. Good young players at good prices

If they keep their best young players, Benteke included, they'll be much better next season

why do you think it is?

are the rumours true that no one will sign for Southampton because agents hate us and we are difficult deal with? I think it's more likely the other rumour that the Liebherrs arent interested in us and have pulled funding so we are skint.

those imortal words

Nicola Cortese seems to have secured funds to invest significantly in order to improve a young and hungry squad

Really bloody worried now, no signings and we are not even feeding our players anymore!!!! They will be weak as kittens at the start of pre season training!!! Cortese out!!!!!!

lol @ the over-reactions as normal.

Seriously, people, go and have a holiday or something.

that's what I'm doing. Off to Corfu in 12 hours withminimal internet access, hope have signed at least one in the ten days I'm away or this board will be in meltdown!

I work with a lot of Villa fans and they have resigned themselves to the fact that their transfer market is the £2m -£4m bracket and I don't think we're going to be shopping there (albeit maybe 1 or 2) and although they have signed a few players early doors I wouldn't say they haven't been overwhelmed by any of their signings. In fact I laughed today when one of them (who knows saints players well as he has the desk next to mine) turned around and said Tonev = De Ridder, Helenius = Mayuka, Okore = Forren & Bacuna = Guly

I work with a lot of Villa fans and they have resigned themselves to the fact that their transfer market is the £2m -£4m bracket and I don't think we're going to be shopping there (albeit maybe 1 or 2) and although they have signed a few players early doors I wouldn't say they haven't been overwhelmed by any of their signings. In fact I laughed today when one of them (who knows saints players well as he has the desk next to mine) turned around and said Tonev = De Ridder, Helenius = Mayuka, Okore = Forren & Bacuna = Guly

Easy to say, but your friend doesn't know how good the players AV have bought are. He is just basing his opinion on how much they cost. I don't really care what the fan's reaction is to be honest

Does Rudi Skacel still play for Hearts ?

I feel a thread coming on. Presumably he may be signing or someone.........somewhere.

Could start a football-rumours rumour......wanted as cover for Shaw!!

Ah, Cr*p.

With that said, I would imagine Bueno is ear-marked as a like-for-like winger/forward.

PS - LOL @ the translation: "It sounds interesting to me in the ears"

I live in Denmark and have watched Okore several times and to be honest... he's cack.

We had 5 main targets this summer.......

One has signed, its sealed and club just need to deliver (news)

Two of the 5 have now agreed to join other clubs C'est la vie!

Other two are still possible but clubs want upto 50% more than we are willing to pay. #moneytalks

Just passing on what ive been told...... Please dont shoot the messenger

Other two are still possible but clubs want upto 50% more than we are willing to pay. #moneytalks

teeeeeeeaser! :)

I can confirm all of this is true. Don't shoot the messenger's corroborator.

I live in Denmark and have watched Okore several times and to be honest... he's cack.

He's just not the finished article. May never be, but he has some good attributes and a calm head. And Villa was a good choice with only Vlaar, Clarke and Baker to compete with.

As for Helenius I'm a bit more worried. He really needs playing time to improve and he is currently not PL standard. He hasn't even been able to break into a weak forward line in the national side in Bendtner's absence - I mean, Cornelius, Makienok and Pedersen are chosen ahead of him! That said, he's a lethal finisher and can lead the line. I'd expect him to be back in Denmark in a few years...

full of poo

this is true. Our one signing was a free transfer who no one else wanted, the other clubs we couldn't compete with the competition because we are skint and difficult to deal with.

What kind've player is he, Olallana?

Holding midfielder?

He´s a CM mainly but is often used as ACM in Valencia. A similar player to Juan Mata with a great touch and technique. Lacks a bit of pace but is really good finding space for himself.

Would really help our set pieces too. Likes to drift out wide left and cut in so not impossible to play him on the left of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 IMO.