Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

I can't remember him saying that either.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130123/new-southampton-boss-mauricio-pochettino-rules-out-signing-a

However, Pochettino, speaking on Spanish radio show Esports Cope, said: “I'm not going to take any players from Espanyol.

"I won't do anything that goes against the club. There are a lot of football players in the world.

"I'm happy they're out of the relegation zone because ultimately I'm just another Espanyol fan.”

That was said in January. But, of course, attitudes can change.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130123/new-southampton-boss-mauricio-pochettino-rules-out-signing-a

However, Pochettino, speaking on Spanish radio show Esports Cope, said: “I'm not going to take any players from Espanyol.

"I won't do anything that goes against the club. There are a lot of football players in the world.

"I'm happy they're out of the relegation zone because ultimately I'm just another Espanyol fan.”

That was said in January. But, of course, attitudes can change.

Not just attitudes, but also circumstances. Once Verdu is out of contract, or tells the club he is intent on leaving, he is no longer really their player.

apologies if this is another repeat, but I'm not following the whole thread

Do Prado wanted by Leicester and Millwall, in todays Sun.

Millwall is about his level - but cant see Steve Lomas going for him. Steve built a decent St Johnstone team with honest and hard working players.

No disrespect to Guly but he isnt a Steve Lomas type of player.

Groningen want De Ridder according to Sky.

Would be very happy if we could recoup some money for him, as I don't see him featuring much next season.

apologies if this is another repeat, but I'm not following the whole thread

Do Prado wanted by Leicester and Millwall, in todays Sun.

Whilst I am not one of the Guly haters, Ditto the above (although he could figure more than SDR).

Millwall is about his level - but cant see Steve Lomas going for him. Steve built a decent St Johnstone team with honest and hard working players.

No disrespect to Guly but he isnt a Steve Lomas type of player.

I know you love to slate him, but Guly does work quite hard; tracking back, putting tackles in, etc.

I think Leicester is more likely though.

Do Prado is waaaaay too inconsistent. *remembers those painful open goal misses* Seemed to have something on the manager, given how often he was picked. Or maybe it was that contract thing...

I think Guly will run out his deal with us rather than move, he's got another year on his contract and then he'll have plenty of suitors after him from all over the globe. Why move his quite young family to Leicester for 18 months when he can choose somewhere he really likes (like Brazil or Italy for example) this time next year?

Do Prado is waaaaay too inconsistent. *remembers those painful open goal misses* Seemed to have something on the manager, given how often he was picked. Or maybe it was that contract thing...

Misses?

Stoke and .....?

Reading

To make it 3-0? Seems a bit harsh to hold that against him....

Guly is a good squad prem player to have about and a great addition to any champ team just for versatility in creating and scoring chances. Would be really pleased to see him go and get 40 odd games next season in the champ or to have him around for another year just as he's good back up and can do a good job when asked.

To make it 3-0? Seems a bit harsh to hold that against him....

Guly is a good squad prem player to have about and a great addition to any champ team just for versatility in creating and scoring chances. Would be really pleased to see him go and get 40 odd games next season in the champ or to have him around for another year just as he's good back up and can do a good job when asked.

I wouldn't be fussed either way as well but he will almost certainly leave seeing as competition will be too much for him next year. When he does go, I hope some people will realise his contributions in L1 and Championship were important in getting us where we are today.

Well, we haven't got anyone to replace Guly with yet, so best keep him. He's a good player who gets unfairly targeted by some Saints fans. I think the lack of any tweets from foreign lands is quite worrying - seems MP hasn't got the contacts we thought he has. Meanwhile, NA secured the services of a very good Wayne Bridge for free. Time for MP to deliver.

Well, we haven't got anyone to replace Guly with yet, so best keep him. He's a good player who gets unfairly targeted by some Saints fans. I think the lack of any tweets from foreign lands is quite worrying - seems MP hasn't got the contacts we thought he has. Meanwhile, NA secured the services of a very good Wayne Bridge for free. Time for MP to deliver.

your criteria for whether or not MP has good contacts is based on the number of tweets you see and that NA has signed Wayne Bridge?

Never amazed by the drivel which people write on here.

This Sky Sports article seems to suggest Astori and Bueno.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/8770302/?utm_source=dlvr.it

The author of the article doesn't know really know that, he is basically summarising each teams possible transfer activity using transfer rumours from other sources.

"Cagliari's Davide Astori might well be done and dusted fairly soon"

"There is talk of an imminent deal for Uruguayan winger Gonzalo Bueno"

The author of the article doesn't know, he is basically summarising each team's possible transfer activity using transfer rumours from other sources.

"Cagliari's Davide Astori might well be done and dusted fairly soon"

"There is talk of an imminent deal for Uruguayan winger Gonzalo Bueno"

do you feel the need to actually explain every article and its merits?

Nothing. We've always had idiots, just previously they'd have been complaining that they listened to clubcall for 20 minutes and there were no transfer rumours.

Plus there are actually plenty of rumours on twitter. It's just that nearly all are ******** so why would anyone wish to see more?

Reading apparantly signing Royston Drenthe on a 3 year deal.

A most un Adkins like signing - bound to end in disaster, he is a talented player but complete nutter.

didn't he actually get sacked by some Turkish side after one or two games for some outlandish behaviour ?

Reading apparantly signing Royston Drenthe on a 3 year deal.

A most un Adkins like signing - bound to end in disaster, he is a talented player but complete nutter.

Adkins always struck me as one of those managers that needed all the help he could get in the transfer market.

He seemed to sort out Punch tho

Villa have signed Okore ...really good signing that...

they seem to be going after some really good young talent...quite jealous of that one...£4 mill on Okore is i predict going to be a lot better than £4 mill for our Norweigan...

We were told all signings were going to be done by July 1st...looking unlikely now, barring a late flurry.

I just hope we are going after quality young players who want to come to the club...not big names who just string the club along

we need to get going on signings soon...the boys will be back in training in 2 weeks

We weren't, ever, told that all our signings were going to be done by July 1st. Never, ever told that at any stage.

Villa have done some early business that appears decent, but of these 4/5 players Im sure they won't all be superstars for them.

Have some patience, the CLub have said we will bring in some quality so I am sure we will.