Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

it was on radio bout liverpool signing a spaz from celta vigo... weren't we sposed to be in for him? I remember being excited cos he is v.good dribbling

We share scouts with Liverpool bearsy, this saves on airfares and hotel bills bearsy. We used to do the same thing with Brighton but then Gus went mental and sh!t on the train or something. The only problem is the players choose liverpool as they watch Hollyoaks and think everyone is fit up there. We showed Gaston and Forren a picture of Kerry Katona and that seemed to work but not everyone falls for that these days.

He got married on saturday so may have had something to do with it. BTW his good lady is pretty tasty so I am fully in favour of him joining purely on the basis she will improve the WAG's line up.

really? again ? Got married last year as well, on his birthday to boot, Ist July

TW officially opens tomorrow

Lots of conflicting sources for this.

This article on the Premier League website says...

The summer transfer window is open for business on 11 June for Barclays Premier League clubs

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/jun/summer-transfers-2013-ins-and-outs.html

BUT...

The actual rules state on page 180 of the Premier League rulebook...

V.2.

The first Transfer Window in any year shall commence at midnight on the last day of the Season and shall end on 31st August next if a Working Day or, if not, on the first Working Day thereafter, at a time to be determined by the Board.

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2012-2013.pdf

Edited by Matthew Le God

Lots of conflicting sources for this, including on the Premier League website.

The actual rules state on page 180 of the Premier League rulebook...

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2012-2013.pdf

but I think transfers have to pass through the federations involved anyway. In continental Europe the transfer window runs from

11th June until 2 September. Of course agreements can be reached and publicised but they don't become official until the federations rubber stamp them.

Exactly. He would have a certain idea, but probably not know names. Its as reliable as anything so far this summer...

doesn't he do the translating though ? So either the player doesn't need a translator to communicate with Cortese and Mauricio

or his agent does that for him.Otherwise "Fran" would know wouldn't he.

doesn't he do the translating though ? So either the player doesn't need a translator to communicate with Cortese and Mauricio

or his agent does that for him.Otherwise "Fran" would know wouldn't he.

He might know, but he might not say. My Dad knows him and asked him about Lallana's injury and he wouldn't say even though he clearly knew.

He was initially helping Gaston settle and translating for him but is now Technical Coach, helping out with drills, cones etc. He would probably know if/when we were signing someone but I would imagine theres only a handful at the club who actually know when bids are made and accepted and contract talks take place. Fran wouldn't be involved in deciding who to buy etc so wouldn't know the identity but Im sure he speaks to the other more connected coaches and would know bits and pieces.

Edited by Saint Charlie

He might know, but he might not say. My Dad knows him and asked him about Lallana's injury and he wouldn't say even though he clearly knew.

He was initially helping Gaston settle and translating for him but is now Technical Coach, helping out with drills, cones etc. He would probably know if/when we were signing someone but I would imagine theres only a handful at the club who actually know when bids are made and accepted and contract talks take place. Fran wouldn't be involved in deciding who to buy etc so wouldn't know the identity but Im sure he speaks to the other more connected coaches and would know bits and pieces.

So probably not the player that Monk thought might be signing last Saturday then. Although I'd expect virtually all of the technical and coaching staff to be on holiday just now. Players must be back in, what, about 2 and a half weeks time so logically coaching staff would be off as well apart from those needed for "signing" purposes. So I'd guess it's more of a 3 monkeys approach than genuinely not knowing.

it was on radio bout liverpool signing a spaz from celta vigo... weren't we sposed to be in for him? I remember being excited cos he is v.good dribbling

Your distasteful attempt at humour did not pass me by.

Edited by Webby

Your distasteful attempt at humour did not pass me by.

Bearsy is a bear of very little brain, a name like Aspas...well he just can't pass it by now can he which is probably why he gets banned from time to time.. but he's like a small child, doesn't know any better on most occasions.

Ola John linked by twiter account. Great signing if so but clearly not the most reliable source!

He is a young player currently in the public eye due to the U21 tournament therefore it is an easy link.

Transfer Market ‏@_TransferMarket 1h

Southampton have emerged as contenders to sign Ola John. Player is keen on move to the PL. #saintsfc

Accounts like these aren't even worth mentioning.

He is a young player currently in the public eye due to the U21 tournament therefore it is an easy link.

Transfer Market ‏@_TransferMarket 1h

Southampton have emerged as contenders to sign Ola John. Player is keen on move to the PL. #saintsfc

Accounts like these aren't even worth mentioning.

Humble apologies. Any other posting rules I should know about?

GraemeBailey: According to France Football, Stuttgart midfielder Ibrahima Traore has attracted interest from Aston Villa, Southampton and West Ham.

According to A French source, English teams are after a Guinean playing for a German club....

He was born in France, played youth football in France and plays for a former French colony.