Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Shut up Glasgow you idiot

That's unnecessary. Glasgow is a good poster and you don't know he isn't right yet - he said the signing will be announced earlier next week (Monday/Tuesday). Insulting him will just send the thread into the usual bickering that happens on most of the others with unnecessary playground point scoring.

I think Astori was mboard speculation to be fair. Monk posted earlier in the week that we had signed someone and it would be announced early next week but didn't know who. Some people on here said it was Astori because that would fit with him getting here Saturday between his games next week.

One of the Sunday papers:

I personally think he would be a good bench option only at 6m.

Everton, Liverpool and Southampton are all in the hunt for Arouna Kone

Everton didnt finish in the top four last season because they didnt have a goalscorer.

9th June 2013

By Clive Hetherington and Carl Eldridge

SOUTHAMPTON and Liverpool will attempt to hijack Roberto Martinezs move to take Wigan striker Arouna Kone to Everton.

Martinez, confirmed last week as David Moyes successor at Goodison after quitting the relegated Latics, wants Kone, 29, to follow him to the Toffees.

But he faces competition from Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers while Saints supremo Mauricio Pochettino is ready to jump in and make a bid for the Ivory Coast star.

Kone signed a three-year deal when Martinez lured him from Spanish side Levante for 2.5million last August but the forward is reported to have a 6.5m release clause in that contract.

He grabbed 13 goals including two against Everton last season.

Martinez is also poised to take midfielders Callum McManaman and James McCarthy, both 22, plus forward Shaun Maloney and free agent centre-back Antolin Alcaraz, both 30, from the DW Stadium in a bid to boost Evertons chances of qualifying for the Champions League.

And Martinez has been told by former Goodison boss Joe Royle that he must recruit a proven scorer if he is to make that dream happen.

Royle reckons Everton need somebody who guarantees goals.

He said: We need more ammo up front if were to go for a Champions League place.

Everton didnt finish in the top four last season because they didnt have a goalscorer.

Nikica Jelavic and Victor Anichebe looked like they could be the answer at times but neither has made the step up.

One of the Sunday papers:

I personally think he would be a good bench option only at 6m.

Everton, Liverpool and Southampton are all in the hunt for Arouna Kone

9th June 2013

By Clive Hetherington and Carl Eldridge

SOUTHAMPTON and Liverpool will attempt to hijack Roberto Martinezs move to take Wigan striker Arouna Kone to Everton.

Martinez, confirmed last week as David Moyes successor at Goodison after quitting the relegated Latics, wants Kone, 29, to follow him to the Toffees.

But he faces competition from Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers while Saints supremo Mauricio Pochettino is ready to jump in and make a bid for the Ivory Coast star.

Kone signed a three-year deal when Martinez lured him from Spanish side Levante for 2.5million last August but the forward is reported to have a 6.5m release clause in that contract.

He grabbed 13 goals including two against Everton last season.

Martinez is also poised to take midfielders Callum McManaman and James McCarthy, both 22, plus forward Shaun Maloney and free agent centre-back Antolin Alcaraz, both 30, from the DW Stadium in a bid to boost Evertons chances of qualifying for the Champions League.

And Martinez has been told by former Goodison boss Joe Royle that he must recruit a proven scorer if he is to make that dream happen.

Royle reckons Everton need somebody who guarantees goals.

He said: We need more ammo up front if were to go for a Champions League place.

Nikica Jelavic and Victor Anichebe looked like they could be the answer at times but neither has made the step up.

Why a good bench option? Why not start?

So, we still haven't signed anyone yet? MP is certainly proving to be a magnet for those European 'stars' who will take us to the next level. So far we have.....Forren.

Could it actually be that the players that we are interested in are on international duty to even holiday?

Could it actually be that the players that we are interested in are on international duty to even holiday?

More than likely, the tardive rounds of WC qualifying and the Confederations Cup coupled with the manager merry go round are probably not helping us to sign our targets quickly. Still Monk did say that the "signing" wouldn't be announced until next week.

Any translators in the building?

Using a free translator

Diego Castro is one of the most sought-after players of Getafe and there are teams interested in signing him: Seville and Southampton. The Andalusian club denies it, but would have thought of it as a possible substitute Jesus Navas, player who has marched to the Arsenal. Diego Castro, although he is right-handed, played interchangeably by either band, still even more common on the left side.

The other person concerned are the English of the Southampton team training with Mauricio Pochettino. The Argentine coach has requested the hiring of Diego Castro, who knows of his period on the bench of Espanyol.

Recently, Diego Castro spoke of his future before the holidays: 'I am open to all possibilities, here in Spain or other experiences, but I signed a long contract with Getafe and here I am happy and quiet'.

Diego Castro (30 years) has a contract in force until 2015 and is one of the mainstays of the Getafe. President Angel Torres expects concrete offers: 'If you finally arrive, sit and negotiate'.

Microsoft Translator

Diego Castro is one of the most desirable players of the Getafe and there are two teams interested in pitches: Seville and Southampton. The Andalusian club denies it, but i would have thought in the as a possible substitute for Jesus Navas, player who has left the Arsenal. Diego Castro, although it is dexterous, plays by either a band or the other, being even more common on the left side.

The other concerned the english are Southampton, team that Mauricio Pochettino trains. The Argentine coach has requested the hiring of Diego Castro, whom he had known perfectly of its stage in the dock of the Espanyol.

Recently, Diego Castro spoke of their future before starting the holiday: 'I am open to all possibilities, here in Spain or to other experiences, but i sign a long contract with Getafe and here I am happy and quiet'.

Diego Castro (30 years) has a contract in force until 2015 and is one of the underpinnings of the Getafe. The president Angel Torres hopes concrete offers: 'If finally arrive, we will sit down and negotiate'.

SDL

Diego Castro is one of the most quoted players of the Getafe and there are two interested teams(equipments) in recording him: Seville and Southampton. The Andalusian club denies it, but he(she) would have thought about him(it) like possible substitute of Jesus Navas, player who has left to the Arsenal. Diego Castro, although it is skillful, plays indiscriminately for one or another band, being even more habitual in the left side.

Another interested sound the Englishmen of the Southampton, team(equipment) that Mauricio Pochettino trains. The Argentine technician has requested the hiring of Diego Castro, whom it meets perfectly of its stage in the stool of the Espanyol.

Recently, Diego Castro spoke about its future before initiating the holidays: ' I am opened for all the possibilities, here in Spain or for other experiences, but I signed a long contract with the Getafe and here I am happy and calm'.

Diego Castro (30 years) has contract in force until 2015 and it is one of the props ofthe Getafe. The president Ángel Torres waits for concrete offers: ' If finally they come, we will sit down and negotiate'.

Courtesy of google translate:

Southampton Sevilla and want to be with Diego Castro

Diego Castro (30 years) has a contract until 2015 and is one of the mainstays of Getafe. The president Angel Torres expects concrete deals.

Diego Castro is one of the most sought after Getafe players and there are two teams interested in signing him: Seville and Southampton. The Andalusian club denies it, but have thought of him as a possible replacement for Jesus Navas, a player who has left Arsenal. Diego Castro, but is right-handed, played either by one or the other band, even more common on the left side.

The other party is the English of Southampton, team coach Mauricio Pochettino. The Argentine coach has requested hiring Diego Castro, whom he knows well from his time on the bench for Espanyol.

Recently, Diego Castro spoke of his future before the holidays begin: "I'm open to all possibilities, here in Spain or other experiences, but I signed a long contract with Getafe and here I am happy and calm".

Diego Castro (30 years) has a contract until 2015 and is one of the mainstays of Getafe. The president Angel Torres expects concrete offers, "If they finally arrive, we sit down and negotiate."

According to Google translation:

Diego Castro is one of the most sought after Getafe players and there are two teams interested in signing him: Seville and Southampton. The Andalusian club denies it, but have thought of him as a possible replacement for Jesus Navas, a player who has left Arsenal. Diego Castro, but is right-handed, played either by one or the other band, even more common on the left side.

The other party is the English of Southampton, team coach Mauricio Pochettino. The Argentine coach has requested hiring Diego Castro, whom he knows well from his time on the bench for Espanyol.

Recently, Diego Castro spoke of his future before the holidays begin: "I'm open to all possibilities, here in Spain or other experiences, but I signed a long contract with Getafe and here I am happy and calm".

Diego Castro (30 years) has a contract until 2015 and is one of the mainstays of Getafe. The president Angel Torres expects concrete offers, "If they finally arrive, we sit down and negotiate."

He will be 31 in July. I think he is probably a good player but I just don't think Cortese will want to invest much money in a 31 year old winger, unproven over here. But, I might be wrong, who knows what's going in behind the scenes.

For a low fee he would add something though, can play both sides and we don't have many wide options.

For a low fee he would add something though, can play both sides and we don't have many wide options.
True, but that article suggests it wouldn't be a particularly low feel based on him having a few years left on his contract and him being in demand elsewhere.

True, but that article suggests it wouldn't be a particularly low feel based on him having a few years left on his contract and him being in demand elsewhere.

In that case depends how good he is and what the fee would be, but plenty of teams sign good players in their 30s. We are a young team anyway and with the TV money if he cost for example 4m and gave us 2 good seasons would that be a good deal?

I've said a couple if times Kone would be decent but youd think Everton would be favourites here.
manager plus location is going to be tough to overcome. We'd have to seriously outbid in terms of wages, which is a long term worry. But he looks exactly the type of player we need. Strong, direct and capable of leading the line. Wigan were a completly different side when he played. The ACON cost Wigan survival IMO. £6.5m looks a fair price.

In that case depends how good he is and what the fee would be, but plenty of teams sign good players in their 30s. We are a young team anyway and with the TV money if he cost for example 4m and gave us 2 good seasons would that be a good deal?
Yeah if he's an improvement on what we've currently got in that position that 4m for two good seasons could well work out alright.

Courtesy of google translate:

Southampton Sevilla and want to be with Diego Castro

Diego Castro (30 years) has a contract until 2015 and is one of the mainstays of Getafe. The president Angel Torres expects concrete deals.

The article says Jesus Navas signed for Arsenal...

Think it says we have made two offers for Bueno but not the 8m they want. Seems Inter might also be vaguely keen.

That far I understood, then it starts talking about the players father and 1 million dollars release clause. So putting 2 & 2 together to make 7 I kinda guess there's agents cut involved again.Says the player wants to play in Italy but there isn't the money available to buy him from Italy.Wife speaks Spanish, I'll ask her but she'll probably say that it's Spanish from the middle ages that they speak in the "colonies"

Edited by Window Cleaner

THE SOUTHAMPTON NOT WANT TO MOVE OF 8 MILLION FOR GOOD "

"I'm trying to pass in football history to Uruguayan Nacional. The Southampton made ​​two offers for Gonzalo Bueno. National President, a man of numbers, he said no. We sell good pressure. They are throwing numbers that are not real. The English club not want to move 8 million euros every concept and clean National wants. Gustavo Bueno, father Gonzalo, National swells and official death signed the contract extension. The buyout was $ 1,000,000. I hope he meets the family Well the corresponding percentage. It's the least. The kid wants to play in Italy but today is not the money. With this president (Ache) no problem. I thank Recoba who had a good gesture. He spoke with Moratti, the president, for good. No word came but if Moratti Inter put on sale ". (Paul Bentancur, Entrepreneur, Friday 7-6-13 at 13:40 on "The voices of football" 1410 AM).

That's the translation, which doesn't make an awful lot of sense, but from what I can gather says:

- We have made two bids for Gonzalo Bueno, maximum of 8million, and won't go any higher

- His club have rejected it

- He wants to go to Italy, but there isn't a bid from there

- Some sort of contract extension.

That's the translation, which doesn't make an awful lot of sense, but from what I can gather says:

- We have made two bids for Gonzalo Bueno, maximum of 8million, and won't go any higher

- His club have rejected it

- He wants to go to Italy, but there isn't a bid from there

- Some sort of contract extension.

The lad's dad Gustavo Bueno is a coach at Nacional, youth team or something. It's possible that the player was a minor at the time of the contract extension (or maybe still is,don't know much about Uruguayan politics) and the father signed the contract for a fee of a million dollars and is now looking for a percentage of the transfer fee.

- We have made two bids for Gonzalo Bueno, National want 8 million, we are not prepared to go that high

- He wants to go to Italy

- He signed a contract extension (because his previous release clause was 1 million), and that they hope that National will give a certain percentage of the transfer fee to the Bueno family as a result of signing this extension

- We have made two bids for Gonzalo Bueno, National want 8 million, we are not prepared to go that high

- He wants to go to Italy

- He signed a contract extension (because his previous release clause was 1 million), and that they hope that National will give a certain percentage of the transfer fee to the Bueno family as a result of signing this extension

Reminds me of Buttner..

Also the kind of deal that, if we really do want him, is best to do before the U20 WC starts.

Tuttomercato are linking us with Raul Baena from Espanyol today, would be a free transfer, DM but I'd doubt if he'll trouble Morgan or Corky for a starting spot.

We have very little cover in that position though as JWP not strong enough defensively yet and Davis not a ballwinner. Don't know anything about Baena but would imagine we will get someone in that position.

mourinho apparently open to offers for juan mata. chdajfu?

apparently he's open to offers for everybody, likes buying new players all of the time so he has to ship out some of the old ones.

Not very popular with some Spaniards apparently, Iniesta thinks he's a knob so may be Mata is of that opinion as well.

mourinho apparently open to offers for juan mata. chdajfu?

Firstly, why would they sell him, and secondly, why on earth would he even consider coming to us? He'd have the biggest clubs in world football at his finger tips. We wouldn't even calculate in his brain.