Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Who is lamela?

One of them players that I never heard of an hour ago but now I am an expert and know he is world class goal scoring right winger, an essential signing for our champions league squad, and that he has openly gay brother. Thanks googles!

Can definitely see where the Suarez comparison comes from in terms of playing style, just very inexperienced/unproven to date.

True, plus he will need to get used to the PL style of play and the jump up in level. At £8m he appears to be a gamble.

On the other hand, European clubs do a much better job of scouting promising players playing in South America than English sides, which usually means by the time anyone here notices the good ones they become really expensive. Obviously part of this is down to work permit rules, but this guy has a Portuguese passport so this won't be a problem here.

He has 12 goals in 37 in all competitions this season, not too shabby for a winger. Also he is in their squad for World U-20s at the end of the month which is on Eurosport, so we may be able to see him play quite soon

Edited by MOSaint

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2336569/Southampton-close-signing-Gonzalo-El-Zorro-Bueno.html

Mail reckons we are close to signing another Urugayan: Gonzalo Bueno, who's nickname is El Zorro. Club could make a mint on novelty masks if he joins.

Pretty sure we were linked briefly with him last summer just around the time the Ramirez deal was in the balance. Looks a class player and no work permit issue.

Good to sign another decent Uruguayan for Ramirez sake. Whether this lad is decent I don't know. Don't watch YouTube videos anymore. They could make Paul Telfer look like Zico.

Yes, the old YouTube. With a bit of careful editing, airbrushing, and a slimming black kit, I could look like the real deal even with my hip replacement.

Just watched that Bueno youtube video.. is it me or does he seem to fall over a lot? Obviously a lot of those falls were courtesy of fouls & at the speed he's running i'm not surprised!

He also seems to wear his socks above his knees. Not sure that's the type of player we want at Saints tbh.

I still want to know why Nicky C is in Italy with his cheque book. Nixon tweeted a while back that he was over there and something big might be happening but tweeted the other day there has been not a word on it since.

I've already listened to it on Talksport listen again service. Not a great deal of detail given.

You sure you listened to the right thing? I heard it this morning, he said that it was nailed on that he was signing for us and Moose couldn't understand it that he would turn down AC Milan and napoli to play for a team going to be in a premier league relegation battle.