Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

You sure you listened to the right thing? I heard it this morning, he said that it was nailed on that he was signing for us and Moose couldn't understand it that he would turn down AC Milan and napoli to play for a team going to be in a premier league relegation battle.

and so completes a trio of trolls baiting MLG, you boys need to get a life, 19,209 post of pure sh1te from this troll!

Lens latest: not so keen on Saints it would seem:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/06/4030104/-

I disagree. He doesn't say that just that he wanted to stay at PSV last season. I'm sure if we were the only club in for him from the Premier League this season he would join us. As he says he wants to play in a good league to become a regular for The Netherlands.

I disagree. He doesn't say that just that he wanted to stay at PSV last season. I'm sure if we were the only club in for him from the Premier League this season he would join us. As he says he wants to play in a good league to become a regular for The Netherlands.

He does say that he hopes he will have more choice than just Saints this summer, suggesting he wouldn't be that bothered about coming here IMO.

"Southampton was the only option abroad and I didn't want to leave PSV," he explained. "I expect that other clubs will make a move this summer and I hope to be able to choose.

New one for ya all from Marca, can't find the english link.

http://www.marca.com/eventos/directo/2013/06/06/9147/asilovivimos.html

[TABLE=class: tabla_comentario]

[TR]

[TD=class: kilometro]16:18[/TD]

[TD=class: hora]getafe.png [/TD]

[TD=class: comentario]El futuro de Diego Castro parece estar lejos de Getafe. El centrocampista tiene una oferta del Southampton y también interesa al Sevilla.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

rated at 5-7 mil euros by my la liga pal -

there's a formal offer from you guys....

I got it from MARCA, main sport newspaper in Spain...

he's good...skillful, great player....he used to play with Sporting Gijon and now with Getafe....

He does say that he hopes he will have more choice than just Saints this summer, suggesting he wouldn't be that bothered about coming here IMO.

"Southampton was the only option abroad and I didn't want to leave PSV," he explained. "I expect that other clubs will make a move this summer and I hope to be able to choose.

Can be taken two ways, still if we were in for him would be an excellent addition IMO.

From reading up he sounds a good player and we don't have much attacking experience. Fee would have to be below 3m though for a player of that age. Wonder when his contract is up, could even be this year?

Signed a 4 year contract in June 2011... http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1450782.html

Never played for Spain. Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade on Lallana and/or Puncheon (on the surface)...

31 is a bit older than we usually go for, but 8 goals last season is better than any of our midfielders managed so he could add more of a goal threat.

Wouldn't get too carried away though unless someone more reliable than Marca runs with it.

31 is a bit older than we usually go for, but 8 goals last season is better than any of our midfielders managed so he could add more of a goal threat.

Wouldn't get too carried away though unless someone more reliable than Marca runs with it.

Takes penalties so you can shave a few goals off from his total if you want to compare him to any of our existing MF on goals.

Got at least 3 from pens so that puts him on a par with Gaston and Morgan and below Punch.

10 yellows and a red make him a not very exciting prospect.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I still want to know why Nicky C is in Italy with his cheque book. Nixon tweeted a while back that he was over there and something big might be happening but tweeted the other day there has been not a word on it since.

He was defo over there last week (or the week before) but he's back now. I'm supplying him an expensive sink and some high-gloss black units for a refurb at the ground... :lol:

He was defo over there last week (or the week before) but he's back now. I'm supplying him an expensive sink and some high-gloss black units for a refurb at the ground... :lol:

AS Rome is part owned by a bank you know, perhaps he's been visiting some of his old aquaintances down that way.

Anyway the Naples president has been saying that he offered 40 million euros to Unicredit (Roma) for Lamela and another player but Roma only wanted to let him have Osvaldo but as he has Cavani he doesn't need him.

At 30/31 Diego Castro seems a bit old to me unless its on loan or on a free transfer. He also looks like he's had a bit of a lower league journeyman career

I'd rather go for someone like Patrick Ebert from Real Valladoild

At 30/31 Diego Castro seems a bit old to me unless its on loan or on a free transfer. He also looks like he's had a bit of a lower league journeyman career

I'd rather go for someone like Patrick Ebert from Real Valladoild

He's not really a journeyman, he's only played for 4 different teams and 2 of those have been in La Liga.

I see the Dutch youth machine is continuing to drive out players with exquisite talent on the ball.

Strootman, wijnaldum, luuk de jong and maher all looking excellent so far

And we are still paddling around in Pearce's neolithic era. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.

And we are still paddling around in Pearce's neolithic era. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.

Its not just pearce and hodgson but you are right, they certainly dont help.

Unfortunately we arent good enough to play decent attacking football against the rest. Jesus, I even play a defensive set up on FM !!!

I'm not sure you should pay a lot of cash for a player over 26. 27 at a push. Sure sign them on a free or get them on loan - but once they get past 28 their resale value starts to drop.

Ideally you'd sign a player at the age of 22 and then sell him when he's 26/27 - with his successor lined up ready to go.

I can see us selling both Gaston and Puncheon and replacing them with players better suited to the way Pochettino wants to play.

If he stays I think Gaston will have a great second season - but he didn't have the impact that we needed from a £12 million player in his first season - that, the fact he wife apparently ones to move back to Italy and his sending off points to an exit this summer.

With Puncheon it might be a money thing - he wants more - and Palarse are prepared to offer that and a good fee for him.

I'd love to see us replace them with players like Callejon, Griezman or Rodrigo. Lamela would really be a nice surprise.

Will be big for us next season but for €18m, I'd take it and reinvest.

I'd say 'might' rather than 'will' given what I saw last season. For 18m euros I'd happily take that and look to get a top class playmaker from the Spanish league

Punch @£3m and Ramirez @€18m would be good business. We would be turning a profit on both.

I think both are good players and fully expect Gaston to kick on this year if he stays, but neither of them are what I would describe as 'core' players for us and as such have a price.

Reading sign Wayne Bridge in a free, would have been a better option than Fox surely as back up to Shaw

It might have been a few years back but our ambitions are bigger than signing "old sweats" now. We are after young, hungry players who are as good as or better than those we already have. This gives strong competition for places.

Punch @£3m and Ramirez @€18m would be good business. We would be turning a profit on both.

I think both are good players and fully expect Gaston to kick on this year if he stays, but neither of them are what I would describe as 'core' players for us and as such have a price.

Ramirez is class. He has his settling in time would be pointless selling now unless we had a better replacement lined up, which is probably doubtful.

Ramirez is class. He has his settling in time would be pointless selling now unless we had a better replacement lined up, which is probably doubtful.

Agree with that.

If we sold Punch & Ramirez, we'd probably have to be looking at bringing in 7-8 players in total.

Speculation on Not606 from a poster suggesting Sharp is off to Reading and, more surprisingly, a £3m bid for Puncheon has been accepted from Palace. Would be strange after he signed a new deal but I'm sure Holloway would be interested.

If Punch is off, it wold make the need for new wide players all the more urgent.

so if we were to sell Punch to Palace giving him a new contract in fact just had the effect of making us 3 million £ less whatever we may have paid him in terms of a signing bonus. That is called money for old rope, it would eventually have cost us very little

and brought a fair bit in. Any player who can score goals in the PL should never be left in an out of contract situation unless he's on more salary than he's worth, which wouldn't be the case for Punch. Gaston had a great (half) game for Uruguay the other day, lovely diagonal ball that set up Suarez's goal plus some good tackling and ball recovery in midfield and a few really good runs and a couple of decent shots. If he has a decent game again tonight and shows up in the Conferderations Cup then we'll have no trouble getting a packet for him.I'd regret that because he is the type of player to take us forward but he needs ability,that we don't yet have, in front of him.

My sources (one ex club and another just a regular supporter without being ITK) reckon we are looking at bringing in Oscar Cardozo from Benfica. Having looked him up, it could be plausible...he's fallen out with the Benfica manager and the manager has said either the player goes or he goes. Decent goal scoring record. 6 foot four, 30 so a little on the old side, but so is SRL and he's playing his best football at 30. Transfermarkt values him at £15.5m but at 30 years old and with Benfica wanting to get rid, maybe we could get him for less. Lots of agent talk about him going here there and everywhere but you'd expect that given his situation-if his agent is talking about Juventus, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City all interested in signing him then you know he's trying to drive up the price so he gets a nice pay day. The reality is, Benfica want rid and will probably sell him at a cut price. One of the more realistic rumours ive heard anyway so thought I would share.

My sources (one ex club and another just a regular supporter without being ITK) reckon we are looking at bringing in Oscar Cardozo from Benfica. Having looked him up, it could be plausible...he's fallen out with the Benfica manager and the manager has said either the player goes or he goes. Decent goal scoring record. 6 foot four, 30 so a little on the old side, but so is SRL and he's playing his best football at 30. Transfermarkt values him at £15.5m but at 30 years old and with Benfica wanting to get rid, maybe we could get him for less. Lots of agent talk about him going here there and everywhere but you'd expect that given his situation-if his agent is talking about Juventus, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City all interested in signing him then you know he's trying to drive up the price so he gets a nice pay day. The reality is, Benfica want rid and will probably sell him at a cut price. One of the more realistic rumours ive heard anyway so thought I would share.

15m for a 30yr old? No thanks.