Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Why haven't we signed anyone yet FFS? We don't even know who we're playing next year, but we sitll haven't signed anyone FFS!

good comedy posts i've just caught up on for today.

Back on topic, Douglas is a good shout - although correct me if I'm wrong, is he a bit injury prone? He was close to WHU last summer, but they went with James Collins instead......might be thinking of someone else though, but there's obviously a reason they've not renewed his contract...as he's not a bad player.

Felipe Santana is of a similar mold to Silva. Although seems unlikely he would leave Dortmund despite not being a regular starter due to Hummels and Subotic.

I'll tell you what, that Hummels is a ****ing player. I don't think I've seen a centre back better than him last season. Obviously he's a non starter, but I hope one day I get to see a player like him at centre back for us, before they have been snapped up perhaps, even if its just for a season.

Thought Glasgow predicted a signing Monday or Tuesday? Or did he say later in the week?

Deal is done mate..... contracts signed, price agreed ect ect just with the club/ NC now and there/his prerogative to decide when to announce. May hold until second (v.close btw) target signs and announce double or hold until kit launch?

Dont panic, alot happening behind scenes.

Let's judge a player on one game.

I was referring to this article that I mentioned previous to the game today (see above), which highlights Astori and Hoovield as the top 2 error-prone defenders in the top 5 European leagues. http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/i8p0b6r00u69gbekopyj6g/Show/Player-Focus-Error-Prone-Outfielders

Decent concentration levels surely a must for any prospective CB.

I was referring to this article that I mentioned previous to the game today (see above), which highlights Astori and Hoovield as the top 2 error-prone defenders in the top 5 European leagues. http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/i8p0b6r00u69gbekopyj6g/Show/Player-Focus-Error-Prone-Outfielders

Decent concentration levels surely a must for any prospective CB.

Most of the errors cited came in one game. In total it was three poor games one of which was against inter.

Harsh on Jos given his improvement. Plus, the most error prone are those in the worst defences. Might not be the most glaring individual error, but the Wigan, QPR and Reading defence all put in some absolute shocking performances at times. Jos was part of a fairly solid defence this year at least.

Astori can't be that bad surely? Italian international alongside some of the best defenders in the world.

Individual mistakes cost us badly last year. I remember Gary Nev's analysis of our defence showing that collectively our positioning and shape was actually very good, but we were let down repeatedly by individual gaffes especially during the first third of the season. Given Astori's (seeming) propensity for the odd blooper, just thinking we might want a defender who can remain switched on for the whole ninety minutes. He'll probably prove me entirely wrong.

Individual mistakes cost us badly last year. I remember Gary Nev's analysis of our defence showing that collectively our positioning and shape was actually very good, but we were let down repeatedly by individual gaffes especially during the first third of the season. Given Astori's (seeming) propensity for the odd blooper, just thinking we might want a defender who can remain switched on for the whole ninety minutes. He'll probably prove me entirely wrong.

AC Milan wouldn't be after him, and nor would Italy play him, if he was as susceptible to individual errors as you'd have us believe.

AC Milan wouldn't be after him, and nor would Italy play him, if he was as susceptible to individual errors as you'd have us believe.

Well the AC Milan link is just media speculation and I think he won his third or fourth cap tonight against the mighty Haiti. Yes, great that he is even being picked for the Azzurri but not convinced that is proof enough of him being the perfect fit for our defence. Just my tuppence worth, brah.

Don't know what Inter have got to do with it, they were utter ****e last year.

errr maybe because they are a big club, can attract decent players and because they were shyte last year they are thinking they might go after some quality to improve things.

errr maybe because they are a big club, can attract decent players and because they were shyte last year they are thinking they might go after some quality to improve things.

Errr, he's talking about the fact he made an error against Inter, thinking it's a bit of an excuse making an error against a good team, when they weren't. You're better to read the previous posts before responding.

Errr, he's talking about the fact he made an error against Inter, thinking it's a bit of an excuse making an error against a good team, when they weren't. You're better to read the previous posts before responding.

Inter have decent players who have a bit of magic in them even if they had a poor season. Regardless it was three poor games yet he has been deemed good enough to play at the back for Italy and is being chased by bigger clubs than us.

all defenders (players) make mistakes in games, it's just that some get punished and some don't. I'm not sure its wise to read much into individual errors. Is a miskicked clearance leading to a goal any worse than a lazy player not getting back to even attempt make that clearance? Which of the two circumstances will be recorded as an individual error?

What we need is a powerful, strong, dominante centre half who is great in the air, fast and never makes mistakes.

the man of steel, superman?

Plus plays at international level and has champions league experience and is committed to the club 150%.

Could this CB throw in about 10-15 goals per season as the icing on the cake..

COYS

TERRY620_1648632a.jpg

I Know transfer rumours web site has less truth than a Neil Allen tweet, but saw the Name Micah Richards on there. He will need 1st team football if he wants to go to brazil next summer. Could we afford him ? Could we get him ?

Difficult to say. The thing about him is, that although he is excellent defensively, his positional play is very poor and much of his last ditch challenges come as a result of him being dreadfully out of position. There is a reason that Capello constantly ignored him, as did Mancini.

However, Poch was a CB, and may be able to instill some sort of positional awareness (as would playing with a dominant CB - not that we have one of those). He certainly has all the other attributes to be a top CB.

£8m and £50k per week I would have said.

Mate saw Saints speaking with a Spanish player in De Vere Grand Harbour last week and a translator and member of the FA was also there. I have no idea if this is true or not but this guy doesn't support Saints and spends a lot of time in the hotel as he uses it as his base when he goes on cruises etc.

And yes, I found it strange that there would need to be a member of the FA there too but who knows what goes on these days. He said the translator was a fit female.

Treat with suspicion and as a rumour but he thinks the guy he saw looked like Victor Ruiz after a quick google.

There you go, a messy rumour.

I saw the guy that e-mailed me this story last night and I managed to get something a bit more solid out of him. There were three people in the meeting - the suspected player, the translator, and a guy from Southampton (not the FA). No-one else - no agents, other club officials, family or anything like that. The was lots of cordial chat and he 100% remembers the Saints guy telling the player (through the translator) that whatever papers he signed at that meeting would be registered with the FA first thing the following day. He is pretty sure the Spanish guy is a player as he looked far too young to be a coach or anything like that. That is all he said - he lost interest in my questions after that.

So it just gets a bit more confusing. I would find it surprising that anything would be signed in public like that if it was a player, especially if his agent wasn't present. It is perhaps more likely it could be an agent instead of a player there, or maybe even someone else joining the club in a non-playing role (another coach or something) but the guy I spoke with seemed sure it was a player, which seems far fetched to me.

So nothing really conclusive (or even interesting) there but perhaps clears up a few things. Maybe.

I Know transfer rumours web site has less truth than a Neil Allen tweet, but saw the Name Micah Richards on there. He will need 1st team football if he wants to go to brazil next summer. Could we afford him ? Could we get him ?

Difficult to say. The thing about him is, that although he is excellent defensively, his positional play is very poor and much of his last ditch challenges come as a result of him being dreadfully out of position. There is a reason that Capello constantly ignored him, as did Mancini.

However, Poch was a CB, and may be able to instill some sort of positional awareness (as would playing with a dominant CB - not that we have one of those). He certainly has all the other attributes to be a top CB.

£8m and £50k per week I would have said.

Signed a new contract at City 2 weeks ago

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/01/manchester-city-confirm-micah-richards-and-pablo-zabaleta-to-sign-new-contracts-3824616/

TERRY620_1648632a.jpg

I believe Turkish said 'fast', John Terry is many things but he is not fast, although he does prove that top level defenders don't need to be quick.

Easily take JT the centre-back, if JT the man did come with him.