Osvaldo Suspended

Saint-Armstrong

Why didn't we just accept the charge instead of appealing it, knowing he was injured. He would now have served the 3 match ban. Now he's been missing since 14th December and will be until the start of February. What a joke.

Good idea, plead guilty to something you believe you are not guilty of. Potentially miss 3 league games. Put your case and at worse miss 2 league games. Will be available again after 19th January.

Good idea, plead guilty to something you believe you are not guilty of. Potentially miss 3 league games. Put your case and at worse miss 2 league games. Will be available again after 19th January.

Didn't realise initially that it covered tomorrow's game.

Pastor patron do you support the saints or are you a fan of the blue few . . You don't ever seem to say anything positive about the club or players . Lighten up and get behind the team and players . We don't know the facts about the dani fracas . The Newcastle bloke seems to have got off lightly . He had kicked off on the pitch where as the dani incident occurred in the tunnel according to folk on this forum . Me I don't have a clue on what actually happened .

I do suspect the severity is due to some form of fallout from the Adam situation

Big coincidence that he's back at training the day the FA hand down his sentence...suspended in the interim whilst the investigation was ongoing?

He was "sick" however his twitter activity did suggest otherwise. Shaw and Lovren were also sick but Osvaldos lasted weeks while Shaw and Lovren recovered in days

Just a coincidence im sure ;)

As this thread is supposed to be about the Osvaldo " incident " at Newcastle, it was interesting to note that ;

1) both he and Andy Woodman were " found guilty" after this , but only one media report I have read so far has bothered to record that fact.

It does look as though the big name has been "hung out " and made to look like the only guilty party involved, which he clearly wasn't.

2) The " punishments "involved were £40,000 fine for Osvaldo ..(a weeks wages?) PLUS a 3 match ban.

Woodman was fined £1250 (maybe that's his weeks wages? ) - who knows.

I am in no way suggesting that Woodman should have had the same fine, but he is obviously continuing his work helping the Newcastle club, whereas Osvaldo is effectively "out of work " for three important games -

Is that justice?

As this thread is supposed to be about the Osvaldo " incident " at Newcastle, it was interesting to note that ;

1) both he and Andy Woodman were " found guilty" after this , but only one media report I have read so far has bothered to record that fact.

It does look as though the big name has been "hung out " and made to look like the only guilty party involved, which he clearly wasn't.

2) The " punishments "involved were £40,000 fine for Osvaldo ..(a weeks wages?) PLUS a 3 match ban.

Woodman was fined £1250 (maybe that's his weeks wages? ) - who knows.

I am in no way suggesting that Woodman should have had the same fine, but he is obviously continuing his work helping the Newcastle club, whereas Osvaldo is effectively "out of work " for three important games -

Is that justice?

Uhhh yes, its a violent conduct charge....

Strange that FA go easy on the instigators, especially when their staff is involved and attacking opponents player/staff for the second time in a year.

Oh well, strange and FA is probably just the same usual btw.

Doesn't excuse Osvaldo getting involved. We could really do with him right now and his stupid actions might cost the club points. Not bothered about the Cup.

Strange that FA go easy on the instigators, especially when their staff is involved and attacking opponents player/staff for the second time in a year.

Oh well, strange and FA is probably just the same usual btw.

How have they gone easy ? They were fined. What are they going to do ? Ban a coach for a certain amount of time ?

another reason for NOT selling Lambert - isn't it?.....As if injuries /sickness wasn't enough now a three match ban.

Our strike force is now Rodriguez, Lambert ...and Sam Gallagher, (bearing in mind that Lee and Sharp aren't in MP's good books )

Don't forget Guly. He is back in training too. ;)

Do you really think we are "sleep walking"? We still look a better team than most of those below us so I don't think this will happen, whether we sleep walk or not.

Of course he doesn't. Just his hilarious comedy troll routine. Get him to tell you how many points we'll need. You'll die laughing.

Of course he doesn't. Just his hilarious comedy troll routine. Get him to tell you how many points we'll need. You'll die laughing.

Is it 41 this season? I do hope so. Oh how I chuckled when he kept that one up for so long last term, the repetitively hilarious scamp.

Like when Lambert lashed out at the Brighton player and got sent off, 3 match ban etc...

He didnt lash out! El-Abd wrapped his legs round Rickie to stop him getting up, whilst still both on the ground Rickie went to push him off and that cheating little scumbag made out like he had been punched by Mike Tyson, and Numptie D'Urso got his revenge for losing his Premiership status at SMS after losing count of the number of yellows he had given one Blackburn player a few years before.

If Rickie had lashed out at him, we would have missed El Abd trying to wind up Andy Carroll v Liverpool in the cup, being sidestepped and landing flat on his face with no-one near him to get the blame.

Bbc gossip column, daily mail: inter Milan could offer Saints Guarin for Osvaldo.

What, joy, another South American midfielder to replace a Striker doesn't make sense.

"Capable of efficiently shooting from long-range with both feet"
192 games 23 goals I expect many of us could shoot that efficiently from long range with both feet. I thought thats what we need a bit more Clyne long range shooting rather than pit-pat round the goal we favour so much, when reading the Wiki doings on him then the scoring record showed up and I would be quite happy to see Nathaniel light a couple every week.

Like that Chelsea have £12m plus Demba Ba on the table. So he must be good.