Osvaldo Suspended

Saint-Armstrong

Er - Sit down, take deep breaths - do you want a bag to blow in to, anyone we can call for you? :scared:

Suarez got a 10 match ban for violent conduct, Barton got similar, reading through the handbook it's incredibly vague, they can essentially impose whatever punishment they like including lifetime bans (not that I think there's even a remote chance of that happening), it just seems a total joke in all honesty. With our already significant injury list I'd like the bag please ;)

My mate at work is a Geordie and was at the game, word on the street up there is that it was indeed Jimenez who kicked off with their goalkeeping coach, but Osvaldo followed them down the tunnel and gave their bloke a slap. He told me on Monday that it was likely Osvaldo would be charged but I dismissed it as a wind up.

Arf. Latest from Twitter?

"Heard from my contact that after the game @danistone25 slapped Pardew for his actions regarding Fonte previously"

Jesus wept*

(*would be fkn funny if true tho)

What you mean deliberately not shaking his or Morgan's hand although he'd made the effort to go over to our bench and shake hands with Adam. Childish behaviour, like the little Spurs mascot girl who drew her hand away from Suarez last Sunday and stuck her fingers up. Probably made him really angry, serves them right.

Edited by Window Cleaner

He's the type of personality that is always going to miss a fair few games a season due to incidents like this by the looks of things.

Exactly my thoughts when I heard the news. One of my neighbours is Italian and he told me when we signed Os' that we had bought a bundle of trouble. Seems he liked a ruck at his previous club.

Exactly my thoughts when I heard the news. One of my neighbours is Italian and he told me when we signed Os' that we had bought a bundle of trouble. Seems he liked a ruck at his previous club.
Got too involved at the end of the Villa game and could have been sent off against Sunderland .

This is not going to be a popular view but I am coming to the conclusion he is a bit of a liability and I am surprised NC/MP went for him knowing he has this weakness in his game. He has skill for sure but so far his bad points outweigh his good and if he did spit in the guy's face not sure I want him at Southampton.

This is not going to be a popular view but I am coming to the conclusion he is a bit of a liability and I am surprised NC/MP went for him knowing he has this weakness in his game. He has skill for sure but so far his bad points outweigh his good and if he did spit in the guy's face not sure I want him at Southampton.

So after a week, you think it wouldn´t have made the news if someone spit in that brawl?

Bizarrely quiet on this. If the FA still havent decided whether to charge or not then thats a bit of a joke, the game was days a couple of week ago FFS.

He's been charged, but we don't know if Saints have decided to appeal or not (the deadline has passed). If it was a 3 game ban then after the Everton game he would have served it (as he also missed the Spurs and Cardiff games).

He's been charged' date=' but we don't know if Saints have decided to appeal or not (the deadline has passed). If it was a 3 game ban then after the Everton game he would have served it (as he also missed the Spurs and Cardiff games).[/quote']

I thought this,that maybe he's serving a ban now , but it seems strange there's no publicity.

He's been charged' date=' but we don't know if Saints have decided to appeal or not (the deadline has passed). If it was a 3 game ban then after the Everton game he would have served it (as he also missed the Spurs and Cardiff games).[/quote']

Yes we do, Osvaldo was contested the charge. He is not currently suspended, if he was he would appear on the FA List, which he doesn't. Apparently he kicked the Newcastle GK coach in the nuts, therefore scotching all the talk that he is not an accurate striker.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

Note that Morgan already appears on the list, even though his suspension only came into force yesterday. It would seem that Dani's hearing has been held over until the FA Disciplinary Committee can meet to hear his evidence. Probably next week as they are all on holidays at the moment.

Yes we do, Osvaldo was contested the charge. He is not currently suspended, if he was he would appear on the FA List, which he doesn't. Apparently he kicked the Newcastle GK coach in the nuts, therefore scotching all the talk that he is not an accurate striker.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

Note that Morgan already appears on the list, even though his suspension only came into force yesterday. It would seem that Dani's hearing has been held over until the FA Disciplinary Committee can meet to hear his evidence. Probably next week as they are all on holidays at the moment.

I wasn't aware we appealed. Is it one of those ones where if you appeal unsuccessfully the ban could be extended?

I wasn't aware we appealed. Is it one of those ones where if you appeal unsuccessfully the ban could be extended?

Usually only happens if the appeal is fatuous. Given that the length of the ban is undecided, it may be difficult to say if it gets extended. I would imagine if Dani has appealed and requested a personal hearing that he and the Club must believe he has grounds for a successful appeal.

You do not appeal a charge, you appeal a conviction! He was asked to provide evidence to counter any charge. They will listen and then consider and deliver the verdict. This is different to a Red card which imposes a 3 match ban (for violent conduct) He was not red carded. The FA are charging on the basis of the ref's report.