Ludicrous team selection. Utter madness.

Glasgow_Saint

Team selection shouldn't make a difference.

Of course it should. The performance has also been a shocker but it stems from the same thing; we clearly haven't prioritised this competition. Saints; the team that just existed. Sometimes I genuinely think the blue few have got a point. We've barely won anything of note in our history, and we seem content for that to continue.

Having trouble with this honesty lark are`nt you...you are not fuming you are delighted that it is going wrong and you are right

Most of the time mate you will find realistic people be it fans of football or in any walk of life are right more of the time than blind hope, thats all we have been saying on here for a long long time. Maybe now it will sink in.

Edited by Barry Sanchez

Few accusations of pure selfishness on facebook.

supposedly mopo was targeted with 8th or above and gets a huge bonus if succesful..... Explains why he has shown such disrespect to the cups.

Lost a lot of respect for him today

If that's anywhere near true, it's an absolute disgrace.

Few accusations of pure selfishness on facebook.

supposedly mopo was targeted with 8th or above and gets a huge bonus if succesful..... Explains why he has shown such disrespect to the cups.

Lost a lot of respect for him today

that is just rumour mongering and of course you have no agenda do you GS. The saame morons told us that Mark Hughes had to play, aka McGoldrick as well. You have to be pretty dim to believe that but i suppose it suits your purpose. You want the club to be unsettled.You are not Corp Ho i presume, he said he used a different name on this board

Win, lose or draw today you have to ask why!?

No game for a week, safe in mid table.

Complete confusion on this one

Fuming!!

I am pretty level headed so won't say I'm fuming exactly, but otherwise I agree. We will finish 7th - 9th this season, so have very little to play for in the league. Our best bet of qualifying for Europe was the cup, plus the chance of glory, prestige, a trophy, and possibly two days out to wembley for the fans. With no game until next weekend what on earth was the point of resting players? I just don't get it. Ok, if they've got a knock, but guly ahead of Jrod? No Morgan? Bonkers.

I am disappointed. I can accept losing, have had lots of practice over the years, but to diminish our chances before we've kicked off is pretty galling, especially when there's no obvious benefit.

I

Watched the game, disappointed and frustrated like everyone.

got to laugh at the ill-informed over-reaction on here! (not knocking anyone for being in grump after a defeat we all get stroppy!)

insult to fans, clueless, hate pochitinno etc lol - idiots.

We lost away to Sunderland ffs, a bad performance when we wanted a good one- christ we haven't had many.

Long away trip, after long away trip midweek, in crap weather - and lost to a team who rested this week.

Would team selection have changed their goal or Lambert's miss?

Those moaning about team selection include those slating JayRod the last few games.

I didn't see midweek game but reported Morgan limped off? Fonte has four cuts across his leg.

Only particularly questionable one is Guly / JayRod.

Guess glory hunters can give up on ordinary season now

got to laugh at the ill-informed over-reaction on here! (not knocking anyone for being in grump after a defeat we all get stroppy!)

We lost away to Sunderland ffs, a bad performance when we wanted a good one- christ we haven't had many.

Long away trip, after long away trip midweek, in crap weather - and lost to a team who rested this week.

Those moaning about team selection include those slating JayRod the last few games.

I didn't see midweek game but reported Morgan limped off? Fonte has four cuts across his leg.

Good post Nick

Team selection would very probably have prevented their goal.

Yes the performance was utter sh*te but blaim the players for that. We still had 7/11 of what would be a quite normal starting XI, Sunderland had 2 or 3.

Yep but we missed the bit that makes the team tick Morgan and Jack in the midfield hence turgid crap with nothing for the front three to work with. Changing the keeper was OK but pointless, Putting in Jos for Jose was not great but screwing up our midfield is what killed it and that was MPs choice.

Not sure the man who said we were "realistically targeting" 6th this season can accuse other people of "glory hunting".

Yep but we missed the bit that makes the team tick Morgan and Jack in the midfield hence turgid crap with nothing for the front three to work with. Changing the keeper was OK but pointless, Putting in Jos for Jose was not great but screwing up our midfield is what killed it and that was MPs choice.

Which position is the most physical demanding in a team?

Which team played it´s 3rd game in 8 days?

If that's anywhere near true, it's an absolute disgrace.

Would explain a lot (Today especially)

Few friends with very good contacts within the club - no reason for them to make this up.

Mopo stands to make a fortune if we finish top 8 but nothing cash wise for him related to cups.

pure selfishness from mopo today & Wed 6th Nov

Which position is the most physical demanding in a team?

Which team played it´s 3rd game in 8 days?

So let them rest against Westham in a game that offers no reward or rest the players against Hull so they could have been fresh for this game. Losing a league game would have made little difference to our season a good cup run might have.

Would explain a lot (Today especially)

Few friends with very good contacts within the club - no reason for them to make this up.

Mopo stands to make a fortune if we finish top 8 but nothing cash wise for him related to cups.

pure selfishness from mopo today & Wed 6th Nov

And post it on Facebook...brilliant and hilarious

Perhaps it would be interesting to see how our team compares to every other cup team this weekend?

defence

first choice RB

first choice LB

after seeing pics of Fonte's cuts possibly first choice available CB pairing (and as so keen on cup had him on bench ;) )

midfield 5

3 first choice

2 changes

Guly for JayRod (although people moan about JayRod I would have wanted him to start)

JWP for Morgan (although loads moaning he has looked tired and limped off I would have wanted him to start) His replacement has played 24 times this season, 12 starting)

Cf

first choice

So could easily be that that was 2 players off our strongest available outfield team.

I wonder if any other team will play as strong a side this weekend?

Disappointing game but probably as much to do with just one of those days it doesn't click, long away trip, midweek game when they rested, them scoring a good goal, Lallana, Lambert and JWP all missing easier chances than their goal, heavy rain /wind etc.

But this won't stop the half wit rants about foreign manager insulting fans, throwing game as he doesn't want europe. If you travelled and don't feel the players gave enough I feel for you, but if you feel insulted by Guly playing...well surprised you managed to get there!