The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

With the amateur hour shenanigans going on at SMS right now we need an immediate impact man of substance EPL manager. No maybes no perhaps no " let him have time to see how the EPL works". No let him

Learn English or develop contacts with other EPL clubs for players both on loan or as transfers. One guy is available right now and has all the doors open for him. One guy has instantly credibility and an unsurpassed EPL track record with our kind of club.

Its Moyes all day long.

Listened to the Press Pass on the radio earlier.

Paddy Barclay was adamant that since NC left there is a huge void at the club and despite sound bites, we have absolutely no leadership and direction from above.

And there is more choppy times in the next week or so

:?

Dear, oh dear. Clueless Kat and wreck-it Ralph have really set phasers to self-destruct. Fear that we need a manager whose remit is more than just first-team coach to set the ambition and direction for the season, as the mounting anecdotal evidence suggests it isn't going to come from above.

So it boils down to this:

Moyes:

moyesnerd.jpg

or

Koeman:

guidetti.jpg

The choice belongs to Les Reed! :)

Very happy if this is the short, shortlist. A battle of ginger versus strawberry blonde - always a divisive choice. Heart says Koeman, head says Moyes, loins say both able to take us forward and above the Tottenham tosspots. Let's get it done Krueger!...

Moyes=dull defensive football...so no.

Koeman no idea...unproven in England but likely to be in favour of proper football.

As a coach with vast experience of the English premier league I do not think McClaren is a bad shout.

My fear is that Les Reed will attempt to put in a smaller name who doesn't impact on his newly found power base.

We need a manager who spends a lot of time watching academy players, and is willing to play them. That's the unique trength of this club. Moyes supposedly isn't that kind of manager. That was one of the point he was critized for at Man U.

Frank de Boer is that kind of manager but will never come to Saints.

Getting a bit sick of players acting like 10 year old schoolboys. Waaah! I want to go because my best fwend has gone. Waah! I want to go because that nice Italian man who talked to us has gone. Waaah! I want to go because our lovely best fwend who speaks spanish to the telly people for a big laugh has gone. Waaah! I want to go because those nasty old men are 'ignoring' my important phone calls after all I've done for them. Oh, and I want a load of money. Can you arrange please agent?

It's not only the board we should direct our criticism to.

It is certainly annoying. But as Blackmore said, these group of players have never been a problem before, so why the issues now? Steven Gerrard was very critical of Reed in his autobiography so our players aren't the first to be frustrated with his methods.

Puel interview has been called off. Unsure at the moment if the decision has come from the club or him.

Will post if/when get some news

Hopefully because Koemans has accepted the job.

Oddschecker has him at evens at bet Fred and bet Victor 5/6 at sky bet and 4/6 at bet 365

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Moyes interview on the BBC today, says he has had some exciting job offers, but is going to take some time off from the game and just watch football around the world.

It won't be Moyes. He was "interviewed" last week by the Board. Turned us down due to No "positive" Funding to improve the Squad

Can you point me in the direction of Moyes stating this as fact please?

Thanks

Did I say Moyes said it ?? No

Can I reveal my source ?? No

Did he say he has had some "exiting" offers but was going to take a break from Football ?? Yes he did

Just wait and see how things pan out

Makes me laugh how people still think we can (or want) to attract BIG names

Did I say Moyes said it ?? No

Can I reveal my source ?? No

Did he say he has had some "exiting" offers but was going to take a break from Football ?? Yes he did

Just wait and see how things pan out

Makes me laugh how people still think we can (or want) to attract BIG names

It is hard to reveal a source when you make it up. So if Moyes was talking about us then it's an exciting offer, sounds good to me. According to you Moyes rejected us due to lack of positive funding, maybe 50m + Sales isn't enough for Moyes now who thinks above his station after 5 minutes of failing at united but it will be plenty for another decent manager.

It won't be Moyes. He was "interviewed" last week by the Board. Turned us down due to No "positive" Funding to improve the Squad

So they spoke to moyes and didn't like him then. His agent is protecting him by spreading information that fits your agenda.

And that is the worst case scenario

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

This will not affect solely Saints. All clubs looking to recruit players from World Cup squads - and that will include pretty much every PL club - will be in limbo.

There hasn't been a lot of business done since the end of the season, even among the top clubs.

Presumably they won't be able to integrate any players they sign until late July - possibly even later as the top clubs are likley to be chasing players from counties expected to make the latter stages of the World Cup.

If there is one peculiarity about World Cup summers it is that it pretty much plays havoc with every club's transfer ambitions.

Yes but very few of the PL teams will have to be replacing 5 or more of their starting 11. Most (except ManU and the 3 promotions) will be building on a core of 8-9 of their current first choice starters and a squad largely intact from the previous season. We are likely to be at the top end of player churn.

Unfortunately we are being reduced to the level of stability of the 3 promoted clubs, in terms of a settled side, but without the benefit of having a Manager who knows all the retained squad.

ManU hope to overcome their scale of change by spending £250m. We are likely to see a net transfer spend of minus £30m+. We may even be outspent (in net terms) by the 3 promoted clubs.

It is hard to reveal a source when you make it up. So if Moyes was talking about us then it's an exciting offer, sounds good to me. According to you Moyes rejected us due to lack of positive funding, maybe 50m + Sales isn't enough for Moyes now who thinks above his station after 5 minutes of failing at united but it will be plenty for another decent manager.

You're living in a dream world. 50m + Sales, yes, that could be classed as "positive" Funding. But, having to sell before you buy, and no pot in the first place is not "positive" Funding, that is simply standing still at best

I like the idea of Koemam. Would hopefully continue the traditions of the past whilst implementing some total football of his own. Would be an exciting name for the current bunch and potential new signings too.

One caveat though is the distinct possibility that not only will we continue to be a feeder club for our players but potentially for our managers too.

Koeman to Spurs in 2016 anyone ??

Those North London Yobbo's just can't do their own homework!!

You seem to have gone slightly mental. Just another internet tool mocking people for not believing the sourceless ITK facts they spout. Sorry but we'd be pretty naive to take you seriously given the number of attention seekers online.

Agreed. As long as you agree when the "sourceless facts" become reality

You're missing my point

The "facts" do have sources

Ones I have no intention in revealing

If that doesn't sit right with you, then tough, just wait and see

No, your point is irrelevant. I just find it highly amusing that you are disagreeing with yourself!

SaintRichmond.jpg

Edited by Colinjb

Again, I don't get it.

I can assure anyone that I am NOT a wind up merchant, so, unfortunately for some, I will be heard from again

No problem with you sticking around, but why did you post in argument to yourself? How can you possibly explain that?

SaintRichmond.jpg

Skirting this is not going to do you any good. Unless you can explain this you have no credibility i'm afraid.

Edited by Colinjb

We are staying true to our plan and vision and, as a result, we have no need to accept any offers. We are deep in the process of appointing a new manager who will continue to move our club forward. It remains our preference not to partake in any transfers until the new manager is in place. Our scouting & recruitment department continues to monitor targets we have identified to improve our squad, and the new manager will have final input into our recruitment process.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/02062014-statement-player-interest-rickie-lambert-1592309.aspx#K1X4prlLdeSgcg2R.99

Is it just be but would really dislike the appointment of Koeman, maybe it's just mad memories from our last Dutch duo

I know what you mean, but it's not fair to compare all Englishmen as the same so i'm happy to give the guy more then a chance on the basis of his record.

We are staying true to our plan and vision and, as a result, we have no need to accept any offers. We are deep in the process of appointing a new manager who will continue to move our club forward. It remains our preference not to partake in any transfers until the new manager is in place. Our scouting & recruitment department continues to monitor targets we have identified to improve our squad, and the new manager will have final input into our recruitment process.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/02062014-statement-player-interest-rickie-lambert-1592309.aspx#K1X4prlLdeSgcg2R.99

Ok Ralph, any fun stories from Sotchi you can reveal? :)

Hi Ralph how's things?

I see. Can we have our stripes back? Pretty please?